1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the Convenience Package worth it??

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 03:13 PM
eVal
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric_Rowland
No, but to get a full rack you do have to spend $250 for the front and rear fogs. Or just spend $70 on the full rack (installed after delivery by you) and pretend you have front and rear fogs!
Sorta - unless you are already getting the front fogs in a pkg :smile:
We really have fog here and use the fogs all the time (and the rear one to back people off the bumper too which works really well )

Old 11-18-2005, 04:11 PM
Eric_Rowland
OVERDRIVE
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts
Doh! You are correct - didn't say if he got the Sport package. If so, then it's $100 or ~$70 and he can pretend he has a rear fog!

Where are you in the Bay Area that gets lots of fog? The City? We get a little over 17, but not that much - at least not the ground hugging stuff.

Old 11-18-2005, 04:35 PM
eVal
6th Gear
Where are you in the Bay Area that gets lots of fog? The City? We get a little over 17, but not that much - at least not the ground hugging stuff.
In SF, also saw tons of it living in Marin County. I'm surprised you don't get much over there too.

Old 11-18-2005, 04:38 PM
Itsdchz
5th Gear
Go over 152 through Watsonville to Gilroy/MH from 9pm-3am, The rear fog is worth it for that drive alone!

Back to original topic. My MINI doesnt have the conv. package, my Wife's does... Sure wish I would have gotten it on mine, everytime the mirror dims or the glovebox doesnt need to be opened for the garage door opener...
Doh! You are correct - didn't say if he got the Sport package. If so, then it's $100 or ~$70 and he can pretend he has a rear fog!

Old 11-18-2005, 04:46 PM
elbum0
3rd Gear

Yeah I'm getting the Sport package... although I don't deal with fog often, I would feel a lot better having rear fog lights on for the few times I will be driving in it.
*edit: Plus they look better, and looks are what drove me to the MINI in the first place!

Old 11-22-2005, 11:11 PM
CruiseControl
4th Gear
I added the convenience package. I like the auto wipers, but we don't get much rain here. They are set perfectly to know when to cycle, not cyle on an almost dry windshield. Set it and forget it.

The headlights come on and go off before you know it. I like how they shut off immediately and don't stay on for twenty minutes after you walk away from the car as some people have set on their land yachts. I find them much more useful than those darned DRL's GM is so crazy about.

The MINI is smart, the headlights come on when the wipers are running during rain.

The garage door opener is great (Homelink). It actually has a better range than the remote. It's nice being able to get mom and pops garage door open as well. One plus item MINI has opposed to other Homelink equipped cars is the Ign. key must be ON in order to open a garage door. That way, someone can't just smash your window and gain access to your home in case you park outside.

But the auto-dim mirror is one thing I wanted this pacakge for. I like how it works without you really noticing it. No goofy motors to listen to or funky switches for other people to change on you. I thought it would make it hard to judge distance between me and the car following, but it's not.

For about the same amount, I chose this package over the Sport Seats, glad I did.