1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need your imput

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 05:04 PM
eurokraft
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need your imput

Hello everyone, I would like to say hello to all Mini lovers here and get your opinion on my new project.

Some of you might have seen my old generation mini, well its time finaly to start working on the new one, (just hard not no be able to drive it for a few days)

I will try to put some pics here, hope it works, I just started today on the front bumper and would like you mini heads to give me your imput, I know its hard to please everyone, we all have different tastes, so please feel free to criticize

Attached Thumbnails Need your imput-11-18-05_1113.jpg   Need your imput-11-18-05_1114.jpg  
Old 11-18-2005, 05:19 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I kind of like how grille work continues on the stock bumper. The bumper you put on just doesn't look like it fits in. Maybe after paint it'll fit in better

Old 11-18-2005, 05:33 PM
CeridianMN
3rd Gear
If you can get the black plastic trim from the wheel wells to continue down somehow that would help. Even if you paint that trim red it wouldn't be enough though - it seems to stick out where the bottom bumper comes on. It does feel a little bit wide from the top grill to the bottom air dam, especially with how little is along the bottom of the bumper. I like the cutout shapes though.

I think if the trim could fade down from where it stops right, getting thinner as it gets to the bottom, it would help a lot. The seeming large amount of space between the upper and lower may dissappear when painted, but perhaps it could be addressed by getting the grill pattern from the hood to come down in some form - no, that wouldn't work. It would leave the space under the headlights looking to blank before the bottom air dams. I'm assuming a black mesh grill in the middle opening, what about the side ones? What is going there? If you mount driving lights across the front under the bonnet grill that would fill the space nicely.

Sorry, stream of thought for a minute there...

Old 11-18-2005, 06:15 PM
eurokraft
Neutral
imput is good

This was started today, so its a bit blank still, I just finished the molds for the side flares, wich still need to be attached to the front.
The center oppening might be a bit wide, but it will have sort of a tunnel directing the air to the radiator, as for the side oppenings, the idea is to have air intake to the front rotors, and also have the fog lite oppening there.
I will post some pics as work progresses, and again, your ideas are apreciated.
Thanks, Tony
Ps: This is my "old" mini, mid engine, toyota mechanicals.

Attached Thumbnails Need your imput-mini1.jpg  
Old 11-18-2005, 08:22 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
If you have done that to a mini, Please do something similar to the new MINI. I am thinking a 2000's upgrade of the old Renault R5 turbo. a 2006 MINI with the V8 from the 5 series midships driving the rear wheels...

Now you are talking!

Originally Posted by eurokraft
This was started today, so its a bit blank still, I just finished the molds for the side flares, wich still need to be attached to the front.
The center oppening might be a bit wide, but it will have sort of a tunnel directing the air to the radiator, as for the side oppenings, the idea is to have air intake to the front rotors, and also have the fog lite oppening there.
I will post some pics as work progresses, and again, your ideas are apreciated.
Thanks, Tony
Ps: This is my "old" mini, mid engine, toyota mechanicals.

Old 11-18-2005, 09:20 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Well,

I don't have anything useful or instructional to offer except to say that I like the yellow one. Makes me think of the cars in the Chevron Techron commercials, like it might just start talking to me or something.
I'll reserve judgement on the red one for now, I can't tell yet what it will look like.
Annette

Old 11-21-2005, 11:32 AM
eurokraft
Neutral
update

Flares have been added, things are taking shape (check pics on my gallery, to big to post here)
DrDiff, a V8 ....now if you said M3 power I might consider it , and yes the R5 turbo was my inspiration for that one.
BoCron, you are right it kind of has that cartonish look , kids love it, and the grown ups too

Old 11-21-2005, 12:12 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Isn't the M3 GTR a V8? Have fun with the MINI and some day... When it is paid for... Time to modify!