1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to Give UP !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 12:19 PM
Littleburl
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About to Give UP !!!

Just found out that our MINI will not be delivered for ANOTHER week. It has now been sitting at the VDC for a MONTH and we are, well the misses has, lost our patience. It has been sitting there due to a FLASH Upgrade and for a new Headliner. UGH !!!

Any Ideas ?

Old 11-23-2005, 12:30 PM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Littleburl
Any Ideas ?
I'd ask why it's needing a new headliner, and particularly an ECU reflash. Sounds like it may have gotten wet. I've never heard of cars being held up for software reflashes.

(Sorry, I guess you were probably looking for encouraging ideas...)

Good luck!

Old 11-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hang in there! I know it is frustrating but you'll be motoring soon and will forget all about this unfortunate delay. . . .

Old 11-23-2005, 12:45 PM
sandtoast500
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ask for a free clear bra (installed) and some key chains. Tell them it's the least they could do after mishandling the largest purchase you've ever made (even if it isn't). Tell them its not that you're losing patience, but that you're losing trust.

Good luck & congrats!

-Steve

Old 11-23-2005, 12:57 PM
francisk
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Littleburl
Just found out that our MINI will not be delivered for ANOTHER week. It has now been sitting at the VDC for a MONTH and we are, well the misses has, lost our patience. It has been sitting there due to a FLASH Upgrade and for a new Headliner. UGH !!!

Any Ideas ?
I am not trying to scare you... but if your car stay at VDC for that long. There should be some major work involve. Check with your MA, I bet they will have the report about the work done in the VDC.

Old 11-23-2005, 01:03 PM
eVal
6th Gear
Originally Posted by francisk
I am not trying to scare you... but if your car stay at VDC for that long. There should be some major work involve. Check with your MA, I bet they will have the report about the work done in the VDC.

Yeah, the headliner should not take very long - and its very suspect that any issue with the headliner would not have been caught at the check over at the plant. They do look them over before putting them on the boat...

Personally, knowing that they do repair/bodywork at the VDC to fix damage I would insist on more info - such a long time for software and a headliner is kinda hard to believe...

Old 11-23-2005, 02:55 PM
Littleburl
2nd Gear
Well that is what the SA told the misses last week. The SA was going to find out what the deal is and get back to us. Who knows what the heck is going on but it is very very discouraging.
Supposedly, the Flash upgrade is completed and awaiting the new headliner. Wish I would have known this was the case a mnth ago I would have ordered from Classic of somewhere else.

Old 11-23-2005, 03:13 PM
eVal
6th Gear
Well if it makes you feel any better there is no way the dealer can have done anything about it and it can, and does, happen no matter where you order the car. The best they can do is bug MINI North America about it, you can also try to contact them directly.

Old 12-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Littleburl
2nd Gear
Update !!!

Buddha is FINALLY at the Dealership and we SHOULD picking him up on Saturday morning. Guess they had to order the Anthracite Headliner from Germany and then make the time to install it.
Hopefully the time he sat alone at the PDC will be made up to us.