1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now I Understand...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 05:03 PM
Skyydiver
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...why there are Mini support groups. I orderd my Mini on 11/14/05 and I am chomping at the bit for my production #. I sure hope my MA has some good news for me tomorrow since it will have been 2 weeks.

I have to give this site and all who are on it Kudos. I have really enjoyed reading the various forums and certainly have learned a great deal about a car that I do not have yet. I am very anxious to start modding and more so...motoring!

-Joe

Old 11-27-2005, 07:10 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello Skydiver & welcome. If your MA doesn't have any info call the nice folks at 866-ask-MINI. They seem to know before the dealer does. After your car ships then the MA at your dealer is where to ask. Mines almost here & the wait is killing me too. What flavor of Cooper did you order?

Chuck

Old 11-27-2005, 07:18 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah... this wait has been killing me! Being able to talk with Mini owners and Production week 45ers has been a help! I expect to take delivery sometime this week.

Old 11-27-2005, 07:32 PM
bumble's angel
6th Gear
Welcome skyydiver. Hope you get some good news tomorrow. Welcome to NAM.

Old 11-27-2005, 08:32 PM
runningman
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Crashton
Hello Skydiver & welcome. If your MA doesn't have any info call the nice folks at 866-ask-MINI. They seem to know before the dealer does. After your car ships then the MA at your dealer is where to ask. Mines almost here & the wait is killing me too. What flavor of Cooper did you order?

Chuck
My experience has been that the nice folks at 866-ASK-MINI can't help you if you don't have a production number....

I called...twice....both times I was told they can't look up the status of an order by any other means than the production number....so if you don't get it from your MA, ASK-MINI can't help you...

( I ordered 11/11 and I am also still waiting on a production number)

Old 11-28-2005, 01:54 PM
Skyydiver
1st Gear
Thank ya fellas....hopefully I will know something soon! Ugghhh!

BTW... I orderded the HB/W...although I am wondering if I should have orderd the DG.

Old 11-28-2005, 02:29 PM
Jersey_Bill
4th Gear
Welcome to the forum - I think I can say that as a recent graduate to "1st gear" !!!

I am in the same boat as you - after wanting a Mini for years and planning for months, I finally pull the trigger and ordered one November 19. I am now on my second week of waiting for a production number - and this is almost worse than waiting for the car since (I believe) that the seven or eight week delivery clock starts runing when you have the number, not before. Thus, the countdown to getting my Mini has not technically begun....

I am sure it will all be worth it in the end - and in the meantime I am consoling myself by purchasing snow tires and a good wax protection kit for my new baby....

Bill

Old 11-28-2005, 02:36 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Skyydiver
...why there are Mini support groups.
Well, yes...THANK YOU!!! Geez, people think we're nuts but it makes perfect sense, doesn't it!! Good luck w/ the frayed nerves, Skyydiver...I'm afraid getting a production number is only the start of your torment. But...then it gets REALLY good when your MINI arrives, so don't worry.

Old 11-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Both times I ordered a MINI I came home from the dealer with a sheet of paper with the production number on it. My cars were already on order for the dealer to put into his stock. They changed the spec to match mine, at least they did on the second one. Bill, I believe you're right, without that number the countdown clock hasn't started yet. Pester your MA's for a production number. Skydiver that Hyper Blue / White is great. You have good taste in colors. You should join the Brilliant Blue thread. Bill your MCSc sounds great too.

Chuck

Old 11-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad to have you aboard my friend....yes - the wait is a killer sometimes... but hanging out in here makes it a bit more fun...

Donna

Old 11-30-2005, 07:09 AM
Skyydiver
1st Gear
Just to make me feel better, I had to order a "Mini" baseball cap and a couple of "Mini" shirts to help keep my sanity until my little coop' comes home.