1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

first timer

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 07:41 AM
Salt and Pepper
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't know if I'm doing this right as I've never used a forum site before and don't know all the ins and outs! Love reading all the views, etc. and just wanted to say that I ordered from Hank Aaron on 11/16 and rec'd my production number this week, called the ask mini line and got a prod. date of Dec. 12. This is the first time I've ever ordered a car on my own (recently single) and it's nerve racking but exciting. I'm selling my 98 Z3 5-speed and getting the PW Convertible Cooper with gray leatherette (better for my doggies), prem., sport, cold weather, pkgs. with some of the usual accessories. Looks like it won't be here til around the middle to end of Jan., nice BD present to myself! I can hardly wait and know I'll love it. Black & White are my favorite colors in most everything, hence the b & w car. I'll miss my Z but I'm tired of driving the 5-speed (I hear that moan from all you sportsters, sorry) but I do most of my driving around town & didn't get the S so I think I'll be happy with it. Looking forward to chatting and counting the days...

Old 12-01-2005, 09:28 AM
theroyalwe
5th Gear
Hello and welcome! congrats on your new baby! I estimate that production date would put you in week 50 and I'm sure a week 50 support group will pop up shortly. In the meantime get yourself comfortable with the search feature of this site. it's at the top right of the screen between 'quick links' and 'pulse'. you will find that most any question you have has been answered (a few times) and I know that generally occupied me for a few weeks! Also make sure to read up on motoringfile.com and download the 05 pdf owners manual and study all the little things. I wish I could say that the wait won't be bad, but honestly it has been the most exciting/frustrating/obsessive time in my 25 years on this planet. on second thought maybe you'd be better off forgetting this site existed and forgetting about the MINI until your MA calls to tell you it's arrived. I sometimes wish I had done that!

Old 12-01-2005, 09:44 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome! Looks like you are doing just fine so far... From one Cabrio owner to another - you will have a permanent grin before you know it.

Donna

Old 12-01-2005, 09:45 AM
chrisneal
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome! Sounds like your Cooper will be a really nice-looking car. Good luck with the wait!

Chris

Old 12-01-2005, 09:46 AM
Mishka
6th Gear
Welcome aboard! You'll find we're all (just a little) obsessive about our MINI's, and I expect you will be also.

Old 12-01-2005, 10:01 AM
Jimbo
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like your color choice , it's classic and aways looks good

Welcome to NAM, and enjoy your stay, if you are as excited as you say, you'll probably be here awhile, like the rest of us MINIacs

Old 12-01-2005, 02:41 PM
BoCRon
6th Gear
Great choice!

Congrats on your fabulous taste!
I think your timing is excellent. You will stay occupied throughout the holiday season. Then when things settle down you'll have just enough time to buy a few welcome home gifts for your MINI and next thing you know it's here!
Annette

Old 12-01-2005, 03:47 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lets hear it for PW Mini's! Yay!

Old 12-01-2005, 04:14 PM
KennyMooper
5th Gear
Yeah lots of love to the PW's!

Old 12-01-2005, 04:21 PM
batgirlwildcat
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM, Salt and Pepper! Sounds like you ordered a real beauty!

JRZY - Congrats on taking delivery today!

Mooper - Where u been? Don't see you 'round here often enough.

My bro has PW/B, so I can sincerely state that PW is a very nice color.

Old 12-01-2005, 09:10 PM
KennyMooper
5th Gear
Well after reading this post by Salt and Pepper I can't stop singing "push it....push it real good" No wait, that was Salt N Pepa. Maybe somebody should name their MINI "Spinderella"

Old 12-01-2005, 09:15 PM
batgirlwildcat
6th Gear
Originally Posted by KennyMooper
Well after reading this post by Salt and Pepper I can't stop singing "push it....push it real good" No wait, that was Salt N Pepa. Maybe somebody should name their MINI "Spinderella"
YES! That's the funny stuff! Spend more time in OT, Moop! I actually remember that music video. Yikes!

Old 12-01-2005, 09:30 PM
10851CS
Former Vendor
Salt and Pepper,

Welcome to NAM Nice color choice.

What kind of doggies do you have?

Earl

Old 12-02-2005, 08:18 AM
Salt and Pepper
1st Gear
bow wow

Thanks for the welcome, all. And to Earl, my doggies a/k/a my "children" are Deuce, a B/W Shitzu, and Isabella, a B/W Yorkie-Poo/Maltese mix (there again, my B/W quirk!), they love to ride, especially with the top down. I got them shortly after my div. and they're so much better than a husband - they don't snore and don't hog the covers!

I'm having trouble on the owners lounge page...it won't let me check production because I can't get past the delivery date and mileage etc, what am I doing wrong? It takes my prod. # and lets me get to the reg. part, but I haven't taken del. so it won't let me go forward past that. Didn't I read some of you guys followed the prod. on the web? I have called the 866 # but it would be fun to follow it on the web too.