1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 Weeks New... Greetings

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 09:06 PM
MinneCS
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been lurking awhile and took delivery 2 weeks ago today. Time to belly up and jump in the pond here. Hello to the community!

Still getting used to the back end getting pulled instead of pushed lol (BMW's since '88 -still have my original E-28 M5) but she's a blast so far. Waiting impatiently for my Blizzak LM-25 RFT's to come and toss 'em on the S Heavies (it's getting slick up here in Minnesota). Will likely run 17" 5Zigen Pro N1's with 215/45-17 GY F1 GS-D3's this coming soft water season.

Great community here and reading post's has already been helpful deciding on the H Sport springs very happy with them.

Cheers

Old 12-02-2005, 05:53 AM
CeridianMN
3rd Gear
Welcome!

I don't have mine in yet but am going to brave this years winter with the factory tires. I'm wondering a little at how smart that is as it looks like we'll have our first white Christmas in almost 5 years!

Oh well I guess, as long as the truck bringing my MINI here this weekend doesn't slip on our roads I'm happy - and I hopefully get a chance to use a buddies heated garage in the first month to Zaino and protect from some of that MN DOT road seasoning.

Old 12-02-2005, 07:14 AM
MinneCS
1st Gear
Originally Posted by CeridianMN
Welcome!

I don't have mine in yet but am going to brave this years winter with the factory tires. I'm wondering a little at how smart that is as it looks like we'll have our first white Christmas in almost 5 years!

Oh well I guess, as long as the truck bringing my MINI here this weekend doesn't slip on our roads I'm happy - and I hopefully get a chance to use a buddies heated garage in the first month to Zaino and protect from some of that MN DOT road seasoning.
Thanks for the welcome CeridianMN! I would advise ordering some winter shoes right now based on the time I've spent in the snow so far. The DSC works great but you'll be hobbling your enjoyment of the car and DSC doesn't help in stopping the car, hehe. I have access to two 4 wheel drive vehicles but still want to play with her safely (as much as possible anyway) this winter.

Old 12-02-2005, 07:52 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome aboard....we like those who lurk and then join..

Donna

Old 12-02-2005, 07:55 AM
TooTall
4th Gear
Welcome from another Minnie MINI. Mine's been ok with the the 16's and all-seasons, but not great. I'm not quite sure what to do when the DSC is flashing and the traction control is kicked in, but I'll adapt. It sure tells you where the slippery spots are if you are 'on throttle' though!

Old 12-02-2005, 08:31 AM
MinneCS
1st Gear
Thanks D/M

@Too Tall... Hello fellow Minisotan! After using good winter tires on my rear wheelers I even started using them on my fw drives they make such a huge difference over no season tires. You certainly can get through ok with them but once you try running with a good true winter setup you'll likely concur. Then you can throw some high performance shoes on for summer

I'll be selling these performance runflats as soon my winters show up.

Old 12-02-2005, 09:17 AM
mdsbrain
OVERDRIVE
Welcome