1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Did It!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 04:55 PM
o-ron
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Did It!

Today I finally walked into my local dealership and plunked down my $500 for an '06 MCS. I am *very* excited! (as an aside, I'm also on the '07 info mailing list, so I'll be sure to post any info i get from them about it).

Here's my build

For those who saw my earlier postings I replaced the "Park Lane" RG dash with the piano-black "Seven" dash. It just looks more.. "cool." I talked to the guy at the dealership and he said he was ordering the same thing and he was going to scrub off the circle-dots. ;-)

I also decided to go back to the sports package so that I get the xenons and DSC essentially for free. I'll go with the MCS web-spoked and not bother with the extra cost of the dealer wheels.

It's still RG and I finally did see some in real life today at the dealership - VERY nice! But I'm still on the fence about that versus DS/PS.. and now my girlfriend says she likes the green (me too!)...

If you can't tell, I'm a very indecisive person!

They had a JCW on the lot that they let drive - a lot of fun. But not enough to justify the extra $6000. So, MCS it is.

That's all for now... I got an updated catalog with all the '06 options so now it's the final little tweaks while I wait... (could be 7 months...! )

:: o - r o n ::

Old 12-03-2005, 05:39 PM
elbum0
3rd Gear
One quick comment... At first I was going to get the factory center armrest, but when i checked it out at the dealer, I found it to be really "cheap" feeling, so I took that off the configuration right away. When my MCS arrives I'll probably install the OutMotoring armrest instead.

Otherwise looks good!!

Old 12-03-2005, 06:29 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Join us in the Astro Black Registery.

Originally Posted by elbum0
One quick comment... At first I was going to get the factory center armrest, but when i checked it out at the dealer, I found it to be really "cheap" feeling, so I took that off the configuration right away. When my MCS arrives I'll probably install the OutMotoring armrest instead.

Otherwise looks good!!