1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last review of my build for '06 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Jenn B
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I were you, I'd go take a few more looks at some MINIs at the dealer and see the difference the anthracite headliner makes.

Also, the full toggle bay. I don't know that I'll use the rear fog light more than twice a year, but those toggles look nice.

Also not a fan of the factory armrest or parking control.

I do love my CR though

Old 12-10-2005, 01:16 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PurplePeopleEater
Just wondering if you have looked into having somebody other than the dealer do it for you?
No I haven't... Just got a quote from my dealer on Thursday. Being the car is just a week old I'm not sure how I feel about anyone including the dealer dig into it at this point to do the wiring. I am pretty surprsed that it isn't pre wired and they can't just drop in the lights!!! Also, not sure who else besides the dealer could do this.
I'm becoming resigned that I'll have to live with it. All things considered, this is just a minor annoyance and not worth the $$$ now but when I buy a 2010 (when my 60 mo. finance is complete) MCS I'll be sure to remember this!

Old 12-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Rollin
3rd Gear
Also, if you want rubber mats take a look at the Canadian ones - there are threads on here about them holding more of the winter slush if you live in snow areas. http://www.coopersport.ca/product.ph...6&cat=0&page=2

If you leave one toggle bay open I've seen a photo somewhere of the Aux port mounted in the empty spot which seems like a nifty idea.

Old 12-12-2005, 09:01 AM
ericblz
1st Gear
Awesome input!

Thanks so much for the great input. The pics helped a lot, too.

I have a convertible Mini now and love the PDC. Also, the neighbors have kids so helps with toys/dogs/running children (if I don't hear their constant screaming).

I couldn't log on to the Mini site last week, now I see it's "scheduled", am I hosed on adding the fog light and removing armrest? I'll try calling my dealer when they open...

Thanks for your input, love the Mini community! Now to find some racing clubs in San Diego.

Eric

P.S. FYI - it's an auto 'cuz I have a torn rotator cuff so shifting bugs it. Can't wait for the paddle shifting tho.