1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Rec'd our 2006 MCS

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Littleburl
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally Rec'd our 2006 MCS

We picked up Budddha on Saturday. He has been quite alot of fun to drive. The misses has had a couple issues. The biggest one being all the A-Holes who do not respect other drivers right of way.
This seems to happen to her mostly in parking lots and on/off ramps.

My question is how long should I wait to start the mod's?
Next Wk, 6 Mnths, a Year?

Old 12-13-2005, 05:30 AM
CeridianMN
3rd Gear
There are some that start their mods before they actually place an order, and others who never actually do any. I think this means there is no right answer. It pretty much depends on when your baby starts telling you it needs/wants something else. I haven't taken delivery and have a parcel shelf on order for instance, and I plan to do a window auto-up, probably the next MCAW circuit which will have support for another circuit or two.

Old 12-13-2005, 05:57 AM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go ahead and do any simple mods like suspension, sway bar, exhaust, intake at any time. Those things won't significantly affect the most serious warranty issues.

Wait a couple thousand miles for something like a pulley or more serious drivetrain mods just to make sure that the initial build quality of your new MINI is as good as it should be. This just prevents the dealer from refusing to warranty a defective engine because you did the pulley or something like that.

Just my conservative opinion.

Old 12-13-2005, 08:21 AM
fishbulb
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
congrats....

As far as other cars respecting your space...good luck! For me, i ALWAYS drive with as many lights on as i can (started that with a black miata....). (flamesuit_on) And yes, that includes fog lights. You have to do something to get people to see you. The next item of business is to drive like no one will ever see you...don't tail gate ( you WILL be out of sight in the rear view for those freaking suburban assault vehicles...) and use your horn as much as needed!

I have already started to collect some items for mods, and my car will be ordered the week after christmas. Pulley puller is on the way, rims are picked, front mud flaps are waiting, Aero grill is set up, and Alta intake & some gauges are on the christmas list! I'll pick up the IceLink as well.I need to ride in some other cars before i select my pulley size! The nice part of my wife getting her's first is that i get some time to play with a mini & decide EXACTLY how i want mine!

enjoy!

Old 12-13-2005, 03:18 PM
Littleburl
2nd Gear
Mods

I have an Alta Antennae as well as an Auto-Up circuit awating install. Then it is on to tinting the windows and a CAI but am trying to resist those items until after Xmas Opps I mean "The Holiday Season"
A pulley upgrade & One Ball Exhaust will occur but probably not for a 6 mnths to a year, that is IF I can wait that long.