1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10 weeks down....

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 04:37 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
10 weeks down....

.. god knows how many more to go. 9-11 month waits sux! but im ok. 10 weeks went by pretty fast. My MCS should be in between august and September.

i was just wondering if there was any one eals in my shoes.. just at the begaining of the wait?

Old 12-14-2005, 06:40 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
*Raises hand*

I just ordered mine on Nov. 27th. My MA said I should have my production number in about 6 months. But this makes it more worth it doesn't it? Getting the MINI after this long of a wait will make it all the more sweetest won't it?

Where did you order it from wikedgolf? Oh, and more importantly, what did you order?

Old 12-14-2005, 06:46 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why are u guys putting yourselves through this when there are plenty of dealers (albeit maybe in another state) that can get you a car ASAP???

Old 12-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Originally Posted by JRZYMINI
Why are u guys putting yourselves through this when there are plenty of dealers (albeit maybe in another state) that can get you a car ASAP???
Yes, I second this...unless you are paying off a car, or saving for a down payment or some special circumstance.

Old 12-14-2005, 07:13 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
I am paying off a car

Old 12-14-2005, 07:16 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
Originally Posted by AndyWSea
*Raises hand*

I just ordered mine on Nov. 27th. My MA said I should have my production number in about 6 months. But this makes it more worth it doesn't it? Getting the MINI after this long of a wait will make it all the more sweetest won't it?

Where did you order it from wikedgolf? Oh, and more importantly, what did you order?
OOOhhh ya

Here's my list

2006 Mini S
Astro Black/Astro Black
Cold Weather Package (heat seats are my #1 love)
Sport Suspension Plus
16" V-Spokes (All-Season)
6-Speed Getrag Manual
Xenon Headlamps w/Power Wash

Sport Seats
Leatherette: Black
Int. Surface "Seven" Piano Black
Center Arm Rest
Computer Nav. System
On-Board Computer INC
3-Spoke Leather Steering Wheel
6-spkr AM/FM CD Player

Aero Kit
iPod Adapter

Suzannne is right!
And the reason for my wait is simple.. it gives me ample amount of time to save for a really good down payment. I just paided my golf off in October.
I want to feel what its like to have no payments for a little while before i jumped right back into. And im getting more for my money on the wait. I couldnt aford to get a mini right at this moment cuase of the holiday thing.
So waiting is a good thing..

Hey Andy, what kindof car are u paying off? , my MA said the same thing to me about the production number wait too

Old 12-14-2005, 07:23 PM
JRZYMINI
5th Gear
I can dig that! I had no car payments for 1 1/2 years and it was nice!

Nice car you've got picked out.... I've only seen pics of the piano dash but it looks awesome. A few words of advice though, check out the armrest at the dealer before you decide on it. I though it got in the way of the stick shift plus it seemed cheap and flimsy to me. Also, be aware the Astro Black is more of a very dark blue (I'd call it "midnight blue") rather than a jet black. Its a very cool color but it may not be what you expected. Consider the front and rear fog lamps so you don't end up with the gap in the bank of switches... My MCS has this gap because I thought the fog lamps were dim and not worth the expense but now the gap bugs me.

Originally Posted by wikedgolf
OOOhhh ya

Here's my list

2006 Mini S
Astro Black/Astro Black
Cold Weather Package (heat seats are my #1 love)
Sport Suspension Plus
16" V-Spokes (All-Season)
6-Speed Getrag Manual
Xenon Headlamps w/Power Wash

Sport Seats
Leatherette: Black
Int. Surface "Seven" Piano Black
Center Arm Rest
Computer Nav. System
On-Board Computer INC
3-Spoke Leather Steering Wheel
6-spkr AM/FM CD Player

Aero Kit
iPod Adapter

Suzannne is right!
And the reason for my wait is simple.. it gives me ample amout of tiem to save for a really good down payment. I just paided my golf off in October.
I want to feel what its like to have no payments for a little while before i jumped right back into. And im getting more for my money on the wait. I couldnt aford to get a mini right at this moment cuase of the holiday thing.
So waiting is a good thing..

Old 12-14-2005, 07:31 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
Originally Posted by JRZYMINI
I can dig that! I had no car payments for 1 1/2 years and it was nice!

Nice car you've got picked out.... I've only seen pics of the piano dash but it looks awesome. A few words of advice though, check out the armrest at the dealer before you decide on it. I though it got in the way of the stick shift plus it seemed cheap and flimsy to me. Also, be aware the Astro Black is more of a very dark blue (I'd call it "midnight blue") rather than a jet black. Its a very cool color but it may not be what you expected. Consider the front and rear fog lamps so you don't end up with the gap in the bank of switches... My MCS has this gap because I thought the fog lamps were dim and not worth the expense but now the gap bugs me.
lol.. ya i've seen the paint samples of the astro black. But its the closest thing they have to black. I wanted flat black on black. but the astro will do just fine. My plan is not to keep that kit on to long. Theres a kit i want and im trying to get at the momnet. but that takes time ... I want to put a light bar in the front so im considering that spot for my light swtich. Trust me.. i have a plan.. lol.. i think we all have plans... and this wait will give us lots of time to make sure it all works out right.. lol

Old 12-14-2005, 07:43 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Paying off the bf's Santa Fe. Right now I have an 89 Civic si. Bleh, I am ready for my MINI...which is....

MCS
Royal Grey/Silver
All 4 packages
Chrome line exterior
Chrome Line Exterior
Park Lane Dash
English Leather Seats
Rear Fog
Front Driving
Xenon
NAV
iPod adaptor
I am sure I am forgetting things, but that is just from memory, too lazy right now to find my list.

Been thinking about the R99s in the Anthracite or the Polished. I need to see it next to the RG to see if the Anthracite looks good with it or not.

Old 12-14-2005, 07:47 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Wiked-did you order from NW MINI?

Old 12-14-2005, 09:15 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
Wiked-did you order from NW MINI?
Ummm... Stupid question: whats NW?

I actualy buying mine out of cali .. up in Oragon

Old 12-17-2005, 01:10 PM
Hooligan620
1st Gear
I ordered from NW Mini in Seattle. I gave them $500 for my place in line just before Thanksgiving. They told me I'd get a production number for a MCS, in June or July 2006 and to expect delivery sometime near the end of the year.

I'd like to have a car before the end of May. I'm just starting to look for a dealer who can deliver me a car by then. Any suggestions? I'm open to travel, pick the car up and drive it home. So far a couple of folks have recommended Salt Lake City and Detroit. Any other suggestions?

I figure to start calling the ifrst of next week.

Old 12-17-2005, 03:04 PM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
Originally Posted by Hooligan620
I ordered from NW Mini in Seattle. I gave them $500 for my place in line just before Thanksgiving. They told me I'd get a production number for a MCS, in June or July 2006 and to expect delivery sometime near the end of the year.

I'd like to have a car before the end of May. I'm just starting to look for a dealer who can deliver me a car by then. Any suggestions? I'm open to travel, pick the car up and drive it home. So far a couple of folks have recommended Salt Lake City and Detroit. Any other suggestions?

If you go to the NAM Vendor Directory, select Dealerships from the drop-down list and you'll find those that directly support NAM. The nice thing about these vendors is that they all sell at MSRP, usually have inventory, can order exactly what you want, and deliver it directly to your door at a small cost...all quickly. Check them out and when you speak to them let them know that you learned about them on NAM.

Hope this helps!

Mark

Old 12-17-2005, 05:07 PM
rjmann
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ordered mine on Nov. 21. Get it this Thursday. That was tough enough. You guys going into mid next year?!? Ouch. Couple of things to consider. First theres a $500 price increase March 1. Second, by mid year the '07 will be on the close horizon, and the plans for exactly when the turbo MCS will show up and when they'll stop making the current one aren't clear to me. I recall seeing on MotoringFile that it appeared that tne MCS might be out of production for a while. Dont know, just something to check into.

Old 12-17-2005, 05:15 PM
Crashton
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know there's a valid reason behind your waiting so long, but it would absolutely kill me. In the ten weeks that you've already waited I've ordered & recieved 2 MINI's. One wasn't spec'd right. Sso I had to order the second one. The first 5 weeks wasn't too bad, but the second was killer. Now it's here & I'm motoring! Good luck on your wait. The MINI IS worth the wait.

Chuck

Old 12-17-2005, 05:22 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
thanks for all the info!

Next monday will mark my 11th week!

Once all this holiday stuff is behind me, i'll beable to save more cash for the down. If i end up saveing what i plan to save, i might just cancle my order where i have it now and find a place to get it faster. but thats a huge IF.

so for now i just sit and wait and watch all the minis on the roads drive past me!

Old 12-17-2005, 11:51 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear

That works for me Hooligan, this will just bumps me up a space!!

Old 12-18-2005, 05:40 AM
CDMINI
5th Gear
Paying off the bf's Santa Fe...
What's a "bf". if you don't mind me asking?

Old 12-18-2005, 05:42 AM
CDMINI
5th Gear
So far a couple of folks have recommended Salt Lake City and Detroit. Any other suggestions?
Downtown MINI in Orlando, got me into my car in 6 WEEKS after down payment and order. Ask for Larry or Mike, the sales manager.

Old 12-18-2005, 07:54 AM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Originally Posted by CDMINI
What's a "bf". if you don't mind me asking?
boyfriend.

Old 12-19-2005, 10:29 AM
Hooligan620
1st Gear
I called Mini of Murray in Salt Lake City and secured a January 2006 build date! A new MCS before the end of March. A quick flight from Seattle to Salt Lake, a drive home through Missoula and Pullman to show off the car to the kids, heck my wife might even be able to come along...perfect!

While I can appreciate the anticipation of waiting we really need the car before the kids come home from college for the summer. And to answer the obvious question, NO the kids will drive the old car!

Old 12-19-2005, 11:47 AM
Hooligan620
1st Gear
I just secured a January 2006 build date for a MCS with Mini of Murray with delivery sometime in March! A quick flight from Seattle to Salt Lake City with a drive through Missoula and Pullman to show the new car off to the kids. It's even close enough my wife might be able to get some time off and come along.

We'll have a second car when the kids come home from college for the summer. No they will not get to drive the new Mini!

Old 12-19-2005, 11:56 AM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
12/19

11 weeks down.....YAY!

Old 12-19-2005, 12:16 PM
Dolmangar
4th Gear
If I had 10 months to wait for my MINI I'd be in the garage building one out of soda cans, panty-hose, and twine!

Old 12-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Rowan
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Dolmangar
If I had 10 months to wait for my MINI I'd be in the garage building one out of soda cans, panty-hose, and twine!
You got any instructions on how to do that?

I still have a few weeks left before delivery.