1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what fun cars

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 05:07 PM
wildbillbmw
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last week my wife and I test drove a Cooper S. What a blast. It took all of five minutes to decide to get on the waiting list at Schomp's in Denver. Looking forward to owning our first Mini.

Old 12-15-2005, 11:05 PM
SpunkytheTuna
4th Gear
Yep, it's more fun than grown-ups are generally allowed to have. I had to run some errands yesterday afternoon. Just around town stuff, maybe a couple of miles altogether. Somehow I ended up putting about sixty miles on the car doing my two miles of errands.

Take the long way home.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:40 AM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wildbillbmw
Last week my wife and I test drove a Cooper S. What a blast. It took all of five minutes to decide to get on the waiting list at Schomp's in Denver. Looking forward to owning our first Mini.
Instead of waiting on your local dealer, you should spend another 5 minutes calling a motoring advisor like Julie at Classic MINI in Ohio and get your MCS now instead of waiting on a list!

I believe they are even offering a $500 off special on their in-stock MINI's! Since they sell at MSRP, you could buy a cheap plane ticket and have a fun little road trip to bring the new baby home (maybe even in time to put a MINI under the tree!)

Old 12-16-2005, 02:42 AM
ArmyDog
Coordinator::Asia
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
See....test drive and hooked. Wait till ya get one...it will be hard to keep the grin off of yer face.

Old 12-16-2005, 11:16 AM
batgirlwildcat
6th Gear
Welcome to NAM! And soon to the joy of MINI ownership!

Old 12-16-2005, 11:23 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Welcome aboard!! Yep - we've hooked another one.... Like in a previous post, DO call around and see if you might pick one up sooner...

Donna

Old 12-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Uncle_John
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Three years and two MINIs later, we're still hooked. My drive home is not a PITA, it's a chance to play with my toy . . . Check with P & W in Pittsburgh (Graham C.), too. They usually have some on the lot. Good dealer.

Old 12-16-2005, 12:16 PM
wildbillbmw
1st Gear
2005s currently available

Thanks for the suggestion to contact Mini dealers to see what they have in their inventory. I've tried eight or so dealers within 500 miles of Denver. I guess I need to expand my search. Is there an area of the US where Minis are less popular and they might have some to sell? Hope so.

Old 12-16-2005, 12:43 PM
mudfoot
3rd Gear
Thanks for the suggestion to contact Mini dealers to see what they have in their inventory. I've tried eight or so dealers within 500 miles of Denver. I guess I need to expand my search. Is there an area of the US where Minis are less popular and they might have some to sell? Hope so.
Try Dreyer&Reinbold here in Indianapolis - where I got mine...I know how addictive that first test drive can be.

Welcome to the club!

Old 12-16-2005, 12:47 PM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
Be sure to go to NAM Vendor Directory and select Dealerships in the drop-down menu. All of these dealerships usually have inventory, are friendly, you can order you exact spec, they ship it to your door for little or no charge...all at MSRP.

I live in the Denver area as well and back in 2002 when I wanted buy a MCS I went out of state (via the phone) and found what I was looking for in about two hours. Three weeks later I was driving it

Mark

Old 12-16-2005, 01:48 PM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
mferguson posting outside of the site feedback forum???? What is this world coming to?

Old 12-16-2005, 03:40 PM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
Originally Posted by YuccaPatrol
mferguson posting outside of the site feedback forum???? What is this world coming to?
Yeah...I have to come out of my hole every once in a while

Perhaps I should stop doing software upgrades and breaking stuff

Mark

Old 12-16-2005, 04:53 PM
KarenTKD
3rd Gear
Welcome aboard! And I know what you mean about the test drive. I became a MINI owner because i was wooed during a test drive by an S.

Old 12-16-2005, 08:32 PM
MiniMac2005
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dufrinr
See....test drive and hooked. Wait till ya get one...it will be hard to keep the grin off of yer face.
No kidding It only took one test drive for me too !! I still have that grin on my face Welcome to NAM wildbillbmw!!

Old 12-16-2005, 08:42 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
I would have loved to have heard your reactions during that test drive!!! What fun!

Old 12-16-2005, 09:01 PM
jazper11
2nd Gear
hey wild, I order throught schaump as well, was on the waiting list for maybe 2 months before I could order and now just waiting for production. All in all i expect maybe 5 months. Waiting is the toughest part, (well that and deciding on the options).

Old 12-17-2005, 01:28 PM
wildbillbmw
1st Gear
Originally Posted by gokartride
I would have loved to have heard your reactions during that test drive!!! What fun!
We were in a deserted cul du sac testing the tight turning radius of the Mini. After three or four loops we had had enough. That was when the cop pulled my wife over. He kindly came to the window and asked what was going on. Linda said that she was on a test drive. The cop said that he wouldn't recommend buying the car as it looked like trouble. Linda said that it was the two males in the car egging her on. The cop left with a smile. We did too.

Old 12-20-2005, 12:07 AM
CruiseControl
4th Gear
Test Drive=Big Grin. I know what everybody means.

I can't wait to leave work just to drive home in my MINI.

They are very reliable, they stand behind them.

Don't ask your friends about buying one, If they are at all like mine- They tried to turn me from them for one reason or another, but it boiled down to they were jealous. They like big, guzzling, slow & hubcapped rattle traps.

Old 12-20-2005, 08:25 AM
findude
4th Gear
We first drove an MCS and were hooked after a couple of blocks. Some parking lot circles, a long sweeping onramp, and several miles later we knew there was no turning back. Some cars are just dialed in right from the factory, and the MCS is one of them. Afterwards we drove a regular MC just for comparison. The same route convinced us it was a waste of time and that we would find it underpowered for our driving style. We waited a couple of months before ordering because we wanted to order an 06 rather than an 05. We took delivery of our 06 MCS in November and haven't looked back yet.

Old 12-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Riddler
2nd Gear
Bill & Jasper --

consider yourselves lucky. I waited 9 moths from waiting list to delivery through Schomp until June of this year. But then again ... anticipation was a great experience as well, especially once your baby is scheduled for production. Ahhhh ... the memories ....

- ®