1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NAM newbie

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 11:45 PM
bpetzold
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAM newbie

Hi
my first post and to be honest I'm not to good with this new fangled computer stuff. I can check my email most of the time and play some games but thats about it. I will attempt to upload a pic of my new baby...2006 MCS, sport+cold weather( it does get cold in the bay area and those heated seats are nice...) Debating JCW kit, ordered chrome bonnet scoop, currently reading up on JCW, lots of opposing views but am leaning towards doing it, as the car is new and don't want to kill my warranty w/aftermarket mods. Just passed 1200miles the other day and took it up to 5700, wow what a difference from the conservative driving i've been doing. Also just signed up for a course at thunderhill thru SCCA, anyone done that that can tell me if its worth the 225? Hope the pic makes it on here its a cool shot from skyline blvd near big basin (If anyone from the bay area reads this)

Attached Thumbnails NAM newbie-mini.bmp  
Old 12-18-2005, 08:52 AM
NealW
2nd Gear
Welcome to NAM. You seem to have mastered adding attachments to your posts – a nice picture at what looks to be the beginning of a fun section of road. I wish I could comment on the value proposition of the SCCA course because is sounds like fun!

Old 12-18-2005, 09:19 AM
TheWrks
Coordinator :: Michigan MINI Motor Club
Welcome to NAM,
In the Post page you have all of the little icon ontop
This is the one you need to click it. Then just copy n' past the photos "url" ie
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...7&d=1134891733

Old 12-19-2005, 08:06 AM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi and Welcome - nice car!! Great picture....

Donna

Old 12-19-2005, 08:09 AM
Joeypilot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bpetzold
Hi
my first post and to be honest I'm not to good with this new fangled computer stuff. I can check my email most of the time and play some games but thats about it. I will attempt to upload a pic of my new baby...2006 MCS, sport+cold weather( it does get cold in the bay area and those heated seats are nice...) Debating JCW kit, ordered chrome bonnet scoop, currently reading up on JCW, lots of opposing views but am leaning towards doing it, as the car is new and don't want to kill my warranty w/aftermarket mods. Just passed 1200miles the other day and took it up to 5700, wow what a difference from the conservative driving i've been doing. Also just signed up for a course at thunderhill thru SCCA, anyone done that that can tell me if its worth the 225? Hope the pic makes it on here its a cool shot from skyline blvd near big basin (If anyone from the bay area reads this)
Go for the JCW package, you will love it!

Old 12-19-2005, 08:09 AM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks great! Welcome!

Definitely spend your $$$ on driving school! It is the best money spent on improving any car's performance!

Old 12-19-2005, 08:27 AM
10851CS
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by bpetzold
Hi
Also just signed up for a course at thunderhill thru SCCA, anyone done that that can tell me if its worth the 225?
Snip

Welcome and YES $225.00 is a lot less than I paid.

Like Donna said nice MINI and a great photo.

I went aftermarket MODs (less money more power) and no warranty problems (for me). But, JCW does keep the warranty with no questions. And, the JCW was not out when I got mine in 03.

Earl