1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 4 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 04:40 PM
dwfrank
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by omar510
Im on the Don Carlos! Yessss!...i called my MA today and he looked up my production number and said that the ship left yesterday (englands time) and will arrive on the 21st...even though he wouldnt tell me what ship it was on i knew it was the don carlost because of teh schedule....
Does the WW site show tracking info for your VIN? And when was your production completed?

--dwf

Old 01-31-2006, 04:49 PM
SweetTea
2nd Gear
Bon voyage, bluzeke!

Have a safe trip on the Boheme!

Originally Posted by bluzeke
Probably more evidence that there's really little rhyme or reason to all of this:

In studying SweetTea's Cargo History Report above, I note that he has a VIN # 12 lower than mine (20870 vs. 20882), was "booked" and "received at terminal" about 4 hours earlier than me - YET, I'm supposedly casting off tomorrow on the Boheme while his car will have to cool its' jets 4 more days before departing on the Integrity.

Go figure?!?! Sounds like it's all kind of a crap shoot.

Old 01-31-2006, 05:31 PM
bluzeke
4th Gear
What I know and when did I know it . . .

Now that the action on the far side of the pond is winding down for us Prod. Week 4’ers, I thought it might be interesting to see when the significant dates of our journey to and through the “birthing canal” occurred. Some of the steps went unreported to me. For instance, I was never told my vehicle was in the paint shop as many here were. My entire build phase seemed to occur in the “body shop” - generally seen as Step 1. Gee, sure hope they remembered to paint it and put a motor in it!

Here’s what I know so far:

Spring ‘02 - MINI Dealer opens and I know I gotta have one - someday.
12/17/05 - Finally order my MINI.
1/14/06 - Automated AskMINI reports I’m “scheduled for production with no production date”.
1/20 - Amber at AskMINI reports my production dates to be 1/23 - 1/31.
1/20 - Marty at AskMINI reports that I’ve got a VIN #.
1/21 - Automated AskMINI reports “vehicle is in production with a completion date of 1/31”.
1/27 - Jason at AskMINI reports my MINI has “entered the body shop”.
1/31 - Automated AskMINI reports “vehicle is being transported to the port of exit”.
1/31 - Tony at AskMINI reports my MINI is “at the port”.
1/31 - WW Shipping confirms VIN # is “booked” and “received at terminal”.

How about you guys - any of this look familiar?

Old 01-31-2006, 05:44 PM
dwfrank
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by bluzeke
Here’s what I know so far:

Spring ‘02 - MINI Dealer opens and I know I gotta have one - someday.
12/17/05 - Finally order my MINI.
1/14/06 - Automated AskMINI reports I’m “scheduled for production with no production date”.
1/20 - Amber at AskMINI reports my production dates to be 1/23 - 1/31.
1/20 - Marty at AskMINI reports that I’ve got a VIN #.
1/21 - Automated AskMINI reports “vehicle is in production with a completion date of 1/31”.
1/27 - Jason at AskMINI reports my MINI has “entered the body shop”.
1/31 - Automated AskMINI reports “vehicle is being transported to the port of exit”.
1/31 - Tony at AskMINI reports my MINI is “at the port”.
1/31 - WW Shipping confirms VIN # is “booked” and “received at terminal”.

How about you guys - any of this look familiar?
Close enough. But I think there is a batch of us that are somewhere in between the last two steps.

AskMINI says the car is at the port (and can't tell us any more than that), but WW doesn't have the VIN#. There does seem to be a nether-state where there's no real status at the handoff from MINI to WW.

So either there's a data glitch -- some cars didn't get loaded to the WW website -- or a few of us are now waiting at the front of the line for the DON PASQUALE next week.

--dwf

Old 01-31-2006, 06:25 PM
fingershooter
2nd Gear
I spoke with my MA and he indicated that my MINI was scheduled to arrive in CA on 2/20, so that would indicate to me that I am on the DON CARLOS. So I am hoping that my MA is correct and my MINI is on the way.

Old 01-31-2006, 06:35 PM
dwfrank
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by fingershooter
I spoke with my MA and he indicated that my MINI was scheduled to arrive in CA on 2/20, so that would indicate to me that I am on the DON CARLOS. So I am hoping that my MA is correct and my MINI is on the way.
Is your VIN on the WW site? If not, then there's some hope for the rest of us.

It does seem odd that the MA's have access to a) something that ASK MINI doesn't and b) is more up-to-date than WW's tracking info.

--dwf

Old 01-31-2006, 06:43 PM
omar510
1st Gear
Nope...no tracking info on the WW...i think u are on the same boat dwf...just contact ur MA tommorrow and he/she should tell you whats going on.

Old 01-31-2006, 06:48 PM
SweetTea
2nd Gear
My timeline to date

1/3: Deposit form completed for Moritz MINI.
1/3: Production number assigned. (6995392) Scheduled for Production Week 2. (MA)

1/11: Production status 112 (Order Scheduled for Production). Delay attributed by Regional Manager to "factory retooling". (MA)

1/17: Scheduled for Production Week 4 (1/23). (ASK-MINI live rep)
1/18: Still at production status 112. Reconfirmed scheduled for Production Week 4. (MA)

1/20: Production officially starts at 5:55:54 AM, with a VIN assigned, according to an e-mail received on 1/26. (MA)
1/22: VIN available on website. (ends in TL20870) (OL)
1/23: Estimated production completion date of 1/31. (MA)
1/26: Still at production status 150 (Production Started). (MA)

1/28: Production status 152 (Paint Shop Started), scheduled completion date 1/31. (ASK-MINI automated)
1/29: Still at production status 152, scheduled completion date 1/31. (ASK-MINI automated)
1/30: Still "in production", according to an e-mail received on 1/31. (MA)
1/31: Production status 193 (Received At Terminal). (MA)
1/31: Received at terminal, booked for the Integrity, scheduled to depart Southampton on 2/3. (WW)

Old 01-31-2006, 07:01 PM
fingershooter
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by dwfrank
Is your VIN on the WW site? If not, then there's some hope for the rest of us.

It does seem odd that the MA's have access to a) something that ASK MINI doesn't and b) is more up-to-date than WW's tracking info.

--dwf
Yes my VIN is not showing up on the WW site. I would agree that it seems strange that the MA's have enhanced viewing capabilities over the other methods.

I hope that the rest of you guys also have made the DON CARLOS as well.

Shane

Old 01-31-2006, 08:36 PM
Hooligan620
1st Gear
My VIN fails to show on the WW tracking too, even though my car has been in Southhampton for four days! I'll call tomorrow and hope she made the boat. I don't know if I can wait for the Don Pasquale on February 5th.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:09 PM
SweetTea
2nd Gear
Quick question: at what point are our MINI's considered officially born?

Is it when they get to
155 Production Completed; or
160 Released to Distribution; or
182 Released to Carrier?

Just trying to figure out the exact birthdate of my MINI. Thanks in advance!

Old 01-31-2006, 09:25 PM
bluzeke
4th Gear
Re: ?

Quick question: at what point are our MINI's considered officially born?

. . . when she looks me in the eye for the first time and whispers, "Daddy, punch it!"

Old 02-01-2006, 02:36 AM
ImaVunDerBrah
6th Gear
I've always thought of it as... The Order & Waiting process is like the first trimester, the build process is the second trimester, the delivery time on boat & land is the third trimester and the day we see each other for the first time is MINIs birthday.

My roommates in college knew that I loved my MINI so they celebrated his 1st birthday with me...

Old 02-01-2006, 06:18 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
I consider the birthdate as being the date when the MINI has completed production - that is the point when it is a fully functional MINI. I guess that puts Emma's Bday as 1/25.
The Boheme is in Southampton port as of this morning and Emma has been loaded on board as of 11:58 A.M. Brit time. Boheme is set to sail at 5 P.M. Hope everyone else finds their way on board ships ASAP - I know the waiting is a killer.

Old 02-01-2006, 06:23 AM
sambusik
6th Gear
A new twist: As of this morning, the OL shows my MINI as being En Route. However, there is still no tracking information on WW's site

Did it make the Boheme?

Old 02-01-2006, 06:34 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
If you are checking the online website and not using ASK-MINI and the online is showing enroute, I'd say that your MINI left England at least 2-3 days ago given how out of date the website is. My MINI shows on WW as loaded on board the Boheme and the MINI website still shows me as awaiting transport. I'm beginning to think that there must be some other ship lines besides WW that transports MINIs and we need to find an URL for that line.

Old 02-01-2006, 06:34 AM
Larkin W.
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sambusik
A new twist: As of this morning, the OL shows my MINI as being En Route. However, there is still no tracking information on WW's site

Did it make the Boheme?
Thats wierd?? Mine did the opposite. MINIUSA didn't show it as En Route until yesterday, yet WW site had it tracked on a boat that went out a week ago today :impatient

Ask-Mini has been very close from the beginning though

Old 02-01-2006, 06:39 AM
sambusik
6th Gear
Good point, I didn't even consider that the OL has been very slow to update. I wonder if I did in fact leave on the Liberty!!!???

Old 02-01-2006, 06:47 AM
sambusik
6th Gear
A live person at ASK-MINI just told me the car left on the 27th

Old 02-01-2006, 06:53 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
Sam:
That would put you on the Liberty (I guess) - did you ask the name of the ship? I never could find any information about the Liberty on the WW sites. Either some of the ships used aren't WW ships or they are loosely associated with WW. I think all of the folks sitting around awaiting transportation for days should give ASK-MINI a call (hint, hint, Stefanie).

Old 02-01-2006, 06:57 AM
sambusik
6th Gear
The person on the phone didn't know the name of the ship, he suggested I contact the dealership (which somewhat confirms that the dealer network has some sort of super-secret tracking system )

I sent an email to my MA to see what he could dig up.

Originally Posted by rhawth99
Sam:
That would put you on the Liberty (I guess) - did you ask the name of the ship? I never could find any information about the Liberty on the WW sites. Either some of the ships used aren't WW ships or they are loosely associated with WW. I think all of the folks sitting around awaiting transportation for days should give ASK-MINI a call (hint, hint, Stefanie).

Old 02-01-2006, 07:15 AM
ImaVunDerBrah
6th Gear
Originally Posted by rhawth99
I think all of the folks sitting around awaiting transportation for days should give ASK-MINI a call (hint, hint, Stefanie).
I have

Automated ASK MINI, Real Person ASK MINI, WW site and Owners Lounge all have NO new developments. I just emailed my MA. I told her I was obsessed and asked for help!

sambusik - crossing my fingers that you are on the Liberty!! Maybe someone will actually get pics of their MINI on the ship

On a super sweet unrelated note, my painted aero kit showed up yesterday. I now have 18" OZ Superleggeras AND all my aero kit pieces sitting in the garage waiting for Grimace. Last night I sat in the garage and stared at them for probably longer than I should have.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:19 AM
wharf_rat
2nd Gear
Alright, maybe the glass is half empty. I have the feeling my baby is tired of watching all these younger cars get on board and sail off. Got to the dock on 1/27, WW has no tracking info and live person on ASKMINI said it is still awaiting transport. Maybe he/she snuck on board one of the East coast ships and hasn't been discovered yet - hence the lack of updated info. Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue.

Old 02-01-2006, 09:44 AM
Larkin W.
2nd Gear

Yeahhh! Tomorrow my boat will hit the United States in New York, unload some crap there, then head down to South Carolina and my car will be unloaded there. Hopefully she has made the trip without getting sea sick

Old 02-01-2006, 09:50 AM
SweetTea
2nd Gear
Larkin: congratulations!

That is so exciting! I bet this last week or so is just going to kill you. (I know it will kill me.)

Quick Reply: Production Week 4 Support Group