1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 4 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 06:59 AM
Herby74
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was due for delivery to the dealer yesterday.......but it didn't arrive. Obviously, the snowstorm in NY/NJ did have a negative effect, so if your Mini is at the VDC you can expect at least a short delay.

Old 02-15-2006, 07:09 AM
jasonsmf
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For you guys who were dealing with Julie: That sucks that you lost your MA prior to delivery, I never met her, but people seemed to have high regard for her. I wouldn't worry too much though, seems as the other MA's at Classic are pretty good also. Mike S is my MA, so far, things have went very smoothly with him helping me. I also worked with Mike K once when I was out there for a second test drive, he seemed very helpful and friendly also. Easy for me to say, but I say don't sweat it, things will probably go fine with your new MA's.

Jason

Old 02-15-2006, 09:23 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
Just spoke with Princeton MINI - my MINI was released to the transport company yesterday so it should be at the dealer today or tomorrow. Seem to be on track for Friday pickup (fingers crossed).

Old 02-15-2006, 11:44 AM
Herby74
5th Gear
Yep, just spoke with Mini of the Main Line. A transport carrier is on the way from NJ, but they couldn't tell me if I was on it or not. Since we were both on the Boheme it's very likely I'm on the same one......should know within a couple of hours. I haven't driven a Mini in over two months and I'm ready for that to come to an end.

Old 02-15-2006, 07:09 PM
sambusik
6th Gear
I picked up the car tonight! My MA picked my wife and I up from the train station that's about a mile from the dealership. They had the Cooper parked inside under the bright lights. Everything looked fantastic!! The Seven dash is incredible!

Unfortunately, had to drive it home in the snow/sleet, so it's filthy now. I will take a couple of pics and post them tomorrow. It's sleeping tight in the garage right now.

Old 02-15-2006, 08:37 PM
wharf_rat
2nd Gear
Congrats! Pictures, pictures.

Old 02-15-2006, 08:58 PM
hong
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by sambusik
Everything looked fantastic!! The Seven dash is incredible!
Awsome! I added the seven dash at the last minute, can't wait to see the pictures.

Old 02-15-2006, 09:36 PM
patgoeglein
2nd Gear
I picked up the car tonight! My MA picked my wife and I up from the train station that's about a mile from the dealership. They had the Cooper parked inside under the bright lights. Everything looked fantastic!! The Seven dash is incredible!

Unfortunately, had to drive it home in the snow/sleet, so it's filthy now. I will take a couple of pics and post them tomorrow. It's sleeping tight in the garage right now.
Congrats.... Now I feel just like my Betty BRGreen with envy.

Old 02-16-2006, 06:04 AM
Larkin W.
2nd Gear

Awesome! Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures. Looks like a lot of the week 4 cars are gonna experience snow on their first day . We are getting 2-4 inches today.

We have to make a 2.5 hr. trip to Kansas City tomorrow morning. We will be picking the car up around lunch time and when we get near Omaha, it will experience its first snow already DAMMIT.

Old 02-16-2006, 06:27 AM
docjohnboy
3rd Gear
Omg, I hate K Line. Their schedule finally updated (apparently it's every thursday), and Ingolstadt is now delayed even more and won't get to charleston until at least Feb 22.

What is the holdup? This thing was supposed to be here a day earlier than Integrity to begin with. :impatient

Old 02-16-2006, 06:47 AM
sambusik
6th Gear
The weather outside is nasty, so I just rolled her out of the garage for a few quick pictures!

Old 02-16-2006, 06:51 AM
docjohnboy
3rd Gear
Nice pics. Love the Seven interior.

Old 02-16-2006, 06:54 AM
bluzeke
4th Gear
Not Sure Why . . .

. . . but I LUV that interior Sambusik!

Old 02-16-2006, 06:57 AM
sambusik
6th Gear
People were thinking those circles on the dash would be obnoxious, but they're very understated. I love the shiny black with all the chrome!

Old 02-16-2006, 07:01 AM
ImaVunDerBrah
6th Gear
oooooo! Its gorgeous!! Congrats! I love the interior! How do you like the NAV?? Did you have it on your last car?? I've never played with it but I ordered it on my new MINI. You had an S before, correct? I'm curious why the change to the Cooper. I've been a Cooper owner two times now so I understand the appeal but its rare to see people move from an S to a Cooper. Does it have a name?? ahhh! Soo many questions!! :impatient

Old 02-16-2006, 07:08 AM
wharf_rat
2nd Gear
Ooooh, purty! I love the interior.

Old 02-16-2006, 07:16 AM
sambusik
6th Gear
I had the Nav on the Cooper S, it was the 1st-generation CD-based one though. There's not much difference with the one on the '06 except for that obviously it's only one DVD. However, the map/fonts are lot crisper and easier to read. You also have the choice of choosing the British accented voice - "Please proceed to the motorway"

Regarding moving to a Cooper ... I know I wanted an automatic, because my wife never was able to drive the Cooper S. At first, I was decided on the MCSa, but I wanted to test drive both and be open minded about it. I went in there secretly hoping that the Cooper would be gutless and that my choice would be easy. I was VERY impressed with the Cooper, so I decided to go with it.

P.S. We live in Chicago, and my driving has now become about 80% city driving ... As much as I used to love slamming down into third and executing some evasive maneuvers in the MCS, I think the Cooper will be fantastic for daily city driving.

P.P.S. You'll love the Nav. You'll find out that you'll use it most by just keeping it up in map mode rather than having it guide you somewhere

Old 02-16-2006, 07:33 AM
Herby74
5th Gear
I got my hopes up yesterday, but.......no Mini. Maybe today.......or tomorrow......or the next day.

Old 02-16-2006, 08:01 AM
saakey
5th Gear
Congratulations sambusik!!! Looks great

Old 02-16-2006, 08:30 AM
hong
3rd Gear
The piano black is really ... BLACK , it definitely asks for chrome interior to bright things up a bit, glad I picked both too Curious though does it easily get fingerprinted & scratched? Anyone with a ipod would understand my worry.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:02 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
Just got off the phone with my MA and confirmed that Emma arrived at the dealer yesterday. So I will be picking her up tomorrow morning I guess they managed to get at least some of the MINIs dug out from the 20 inches of snow at the Newark VDC.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:50 AM
sambusik
6th Gear
Congrats!!!

Old 02-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Larkin W.
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by rhawth99
Just got off the phone with my MA and confirmed that Emma arrived at the dealer yesterday. So I will be picking her up tomorrow morning I guess they managed to get at least some of the MINIs dug out from the 20 inches of snow at the Newark VDC.
Congrats! Looks like the delivery process has begun for week 4. We get ours tomorrow too. Can't wait to see it in person

Old 02-16-2006, 06:25 PM
rhawth99
6th Gear
Congrats to all who have their cars and those who almost have their cars. We've all shared a lot of information and our hopes together the past few weeks. I expect there will be lots of 'baby' pics tomorrow.

Old 02-16-2006, 08:01 PM
Jersey_Bill
4th Gear
Wanted to return to this crowd and share my baby pictures -

I picked up the car last Saturday hours before the NE Blizzard, but managed to tuck her in before the big blow -

But fear not, she is out from under the snow and I just broke 100 miles !! I cannot describe how much fun I am having driving her around - having never owned a MINI before, I don't know whether it is the JCW or the S or the basic car that makes this thing so much of a blast to drive, but I wish I could spend all day at the wheel.

Had a chance to open her up yesterday while late for a client meeting (never fear, stayed under 4,500 !!) and I just found myself laughing and having the fun of a kid at Christmas. There is no drug that does this, people.... I have never owned a car before where you can be cruising at 80 and stomp on it and feel like you are being hit by a truck from behind - man, that's amazing.....

I showed her off to some workmates who just fell in love with the interior (must have been the CR dash !!) but when I drove them around it was the sound of the exhaust that really won them over.

I hate to say it but once we have our cars in hand, it is dangerously easy to become a MINI Missionary (registered trade name reserved). I have spent most of my life being a professional skeptic - but I can't bring myself to do that with the MINI. I am totally hooked....

Bill

Quick Reply: Production Week 4 Support Group