1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 4 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 07:06 AM
Herby74
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, my Mini has been sitting at the VDC for seven days now. The same thing happened in 2002 when my first one sat there for ten days. Then there's rhawth99 who came over on the same ship and will be driving it away some time today (congrats!) which I thought is what would be happening to me. Obviously, there is no rhyme nor reason to explain this phenomenon....... and the wait continues.

Old 02-17-2006, 07:06 AM
sambusik
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bill, your JCW MCSc looks amazing!! It reminds me of an Astro Black one I saw parked in Amsterdam back in December.

Old 02-17-2006, 07:57 AM
Jersey_Bill
4th Gear
Originally Posted by sambusik
Bill, your JCW MCSc looks amazing!! It reminds me of an Astro Black one I saw parked in Amsterdam back in December.
Thanks!!

She will look even better in a couple months when I put on the JCW 18" star spoke wheels like the MINI in your photo!!

This weekend I may roll our the Zaino treatment to keep her protected...

Bill

Old 02-17-2006, 08:11 AM
Herby74
5th Gear
It's here! Just got a call from my MA that it has finally arrived and is "working it's way through the shop". The dealer is only 10 miniuites away, so
I'll be going over to take a look. It's good to know that I'll be on the road in just a matter of days.

Old 02-17-2006, 08:14 AM
saakey
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Herby74
It's here! Just got a call from my MA that it has finally arrived and is "working it's way through the shop". The dealer is only 10 miniuites away, so
I'll be going over to take a look. It's good to know that I'll be on the road in just a matter of days.
awesome...thats great news

Old 02-17-2006, 08:21 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by hong
The piano black is really ... BLACK , it definitely asks for chrome interior to bright things up a bit, glad I picked both too Curious though does it easily get fingerprinted & scratched? Anyone with a ipod would understand my worry.
I have had my piano black dash since the middle of November (first one to come into South Bay MINI ), and it's holding up very well. I don't have any problems with scratches. It does show fingerprints.

BTW, Piano Black responds very well to a coat of wax (I used zymol, but others would work too).

Old 02-17-2006, 09:25 AM
sambusik
6th Gear
Originally Posted by DiD
I have had my piano black dash since the middle of November (first one to come into South Bay MINI ), and it's holding up very well. I don't have any problems with scratches. It does show fingerprints.

BTW, Piano Black responds very well to a coat of wax (I used zymol, but others would work too).
DiD, you really have the best photo out there of that dash

Old 02-17-2006, 09:43 AM
hong
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by sambusik
DiD, you really have the best photo out there of that dash
Topic coming .. "show your seven/piano dashboard pictures"

Old 02-17-2006, 09:57 AM
hong
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DiD

Good idea, I'll check if it's Zaino friendly too I'm looking forward to hearing from South Bay Mini, "someone DID it first in last Nov. but you're the 2nd guy with the same good taste, congrats!"

Old 02-17-2006, 11:22 AM
Herby74
5th Gear
Just got back from visiting my brand new ds/ds Mini. They had already put on the non-runflats and silver M7 grill. Since there's still a good bit of work that needs to be done......white Shelby stripes on the bonnet & boot.....front mud flaps.....17% pulley.....GIAC flash.....JCW air intake.....short shifter.....rear sway bar.....clear bra.....exhaust conversion and Greenstuff brake pads.....so it may be as late as Wednesday before I have it all to myself. No sweat. The finish line is within sight!

Old 02-17-2006, 11:30 AM
sambusik
6th Gear
Just got back from visiting my brand new ds/ds Mini. They had already put on the non-runflats and silver M7 grill. Since there's still a good bit of work that needs to be done......white Shelby stripes on the bonnet & boot.....front mud flaps.....17% pulley.....GIAC flash.....JCW air intake.....short shifter.....rear sway bar.....exhaust conversion and Greenstuff brake pads.....it may be as late as Wednesday before I have it all to myself. No sweat. The finish line is within sight!
All this being done at the dealership? Sweet!

Old 02-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Herby74
5th Gear
Almost everything. The dealership now offers many options that were aftermarket when I got my last Mini in '02. Eric from Helix Motorsports, located in Philadelphia, will be coming to the dealer to install the pulley and re-do the GIAC flash that I had on the old one. That's it and as you say......HOW SWEET IT IS!

Old 02-17-2006, 12:16 PM
rhawth99
6th Gear
Herby74 - Congrats on your MINI finally finding the dealer I picked up Emma this morning - being anxious, I got there 20 minutes early and she hadn't been delivered yet. My dealer has the new cars stored a few miles down the road and then flatbed them in on delivery day. I got to see her come in and I almost croaked because the roof looked white at first. Anyway, here are my first two baby pics:

Old 02-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Hooligan620
1st Gear
I'm jealous! I want my MINI NOW!!! The boat is still a couple days out of California...

Old 02-17-2006, 12:29 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by hong
Good idea, I'll check if it's Zaino friendly too I'm looking forward to hearing from South Bay Mini, "someone DID it first in last Nov. but you're the 2nd guy with the same good taste, congrats!"
Say hi to Jennifer Osborn for me when you pick your MINI up.

Old 02-17-2006, 12:55 PM
saakey
5th Gear
Just got back from visiting my brand new ds/ds Mini. They had already put on the non-runflats and silver M7 grill. Since there's still a good bit of work that needs to be done......white Shelby stripes on the bonnet & boot.....front mud flaps.....17% pulley.....GIAC flash.....JCW air intake.....short shifter.....rear sway bar.....clear bra.....exhaust conversion and Greenstuff brake pads.....so it may be as late as Wednesday before I have it all to myself. No sweat. The finish line is within sight!
Geeez...first of all I can't imagine what the dealer could be charging you for all that to be installed ..but how is your warranty being handled? Still okay?

Old 02-17-2006, 01:18 PM
sambusik
6th Gear
Originally Posted by rhawth99
Herby74 - Congrats on your MINI finally finding the dealer I picked up Emma this morning - being anxious, I got there 20 minutes early and she hadn't been delivered yet. My dealer has the new cars stored a few miles down the road and then flatbed them in on delivery day. I got to see her come in and I almost croaked because the roof looked white at first. Anyway, here are my first two baby pics:
Congratulations!!! Great looking car! I love the Sport Link ...

Old 02-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Herby74
5th Gear
The dealer is offering a package, including.....intake, pulley, sway bar, exhaust, short shifter and green pads.....for a total of $1,795. All of the items are warrantied by the Mini Maintanance Program except for the brake pads which have 12 mo./12,000 mi. coverage for material defects. They also offer slotted rotors in the package, but I didn't want them. Everything else
I mentioned are seperate purchases.

Nice combo, rhawth99. Enjoy!

Old 02-17-2006, 04:54 PM
bluzeke
4th Gear
Congratulations "99". . .

SWEET EEMMMMAA !!!!

. . . . take off that rack and show us your machine guns!!!!

Old 02-17-2006, 08:25 PM
rhawth99
6th Gear
Thanks, all. I'm still searching for where the bullets load in the machine guns . Herby74, wow, you got a great bang for the buck - sounds like a great price to get all of that go stuff installed and still be under warranty! Let us know how she goes once you get out of the break in period. The sport link seems to be a really nicely put together bike rack - hopefully we will get rid of this winter weather so I can actually use the darn thing.

It is interesting the difference in the gusto of the exhaust sound (definitely can't call it noise as it sounds sweet) between the MCSa that my wife has and the stick. You definitely get more sound feedback and I love the feel and action of the stick.

Old 02-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Jersey_Bill
4th Gear
Originally Posted by rhawth99
I recognize that dealership !!! Emma looks great!!! I hope you enjoy the Sport Link - love that system and hoping it expands to ski and other racks. Last weekend when I drove up Rt. 1 to the dealership, I pulled into the lot just as they were driving Maggie off the flatbed as well.

My plate and registration are in so I will be motoring back there tomorrow - any excuse to get out in the car.... Tonight I actually took a long route home just to have more time in the car!

Bill

Old 02-18-2006, 04:23 AM
saakey
5th Gear
Congrats rhawth99! I like that combination a lot

Old 02-18-2006, 08:22 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
My plate and registration are in so I will be motoring back there tomorrow - any excuse to get out in the car.... Tonight I actually took a long route home just to have more time in the car!
Wow, that was quick on the plates. I don't need to take any long routes home from work as I have a 78 mile round trip - plenty of daily time to be one with the MINI. The daily commute is why I really wanted a car that was fun to drive - it definitely makes the time pass faster.

Old 02-18-2006, 10:28 AM
wharf_rat
2nd Gear
Alright, where are those obsessive Integrity trackers? Has it made it in to the SC port yet? Cars being unloaded?

I need more pics from the lucky owners who have taken delivery. I'm in that depressing stage of removing and selling all of my WRX performance parts. Sad to be selling the Suby and a full 2 weeks to go before picking up the MINI.

Old 02-18-2006, 10:55 AM
ImaVunDerBrah
6th Gear
Congrats guys! Now that everyone is getting their MINIs, I need to check back here more often I guess. haha

Quick Reply: Production Week 4 Support Group