1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 4 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 07:00 AM
Herby74
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I received the welcome kit yesterday and yes, it's exactly the same as the one that followed my first Mini.....and therefore, essentially useless. They ought to send something new and useful to second time owners.

Old 04-29-2006, 04:08 PM
sambusik
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my welcome kit yesterday too

Old 04-29-2006, 10:13 PM
patgoeglein
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ImaVunDerBrah
I got one with my first MINI so I knew what was in it, but it was still exciting and made me smile. Anyone else get theirs yet??
Yes I got mine today also and just passed 3600 miles. Boy oh Boy has she loosened up in the last 1500 miles. Now I run her up to 5000 to 6000 without hesitation. I actually chirped 4th.... yes 4th gear at around 75.... getting on the 101 from Westlake.... wow I wasn't speeding though... never speed in a JCW.... nope

Old 05-01-2006, 07:45 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
Yes, I received my welcome kit 4/27 - the most useful thing in the kit is the road side assistance card with my VIN on it. I think I will use some of the stickers to re-label my toggle switches (particularly fond of the ejection seat label). I'm around 2600 miles and my gas mileage has improved to around 29 mpg (almost all highway). My only regret is that the gray space cloth seats weren't available when Emma was built - I still prefer the cloth seats in Twiggy over the leatherette.

Old 05-06-2006, 01:57 PM
TornadoHawk
1st Gear
I also received my welcome kit last week. Not much worthwhile in there but still fun to get presents anyway.

Old 05-16-2006, 06:56 AM
ImaVunDerBrah
6th Gear
Hello again, guys!!

Happy note: Grimace and I have passed 5000 miles. We're actually well past that now, but I forgot to post the pic

Bad note - THIS happened on the way to work this morning

Passenger side, front wheel

Passenger side, rear wheel

Drivers side, front wheel

Theres more carnage in my gallery if you're intersted

Old 05-16-2006, 09:16 AM
jasonsmf
5th Gear
OUCH!!! You know, MINI's can't actually drive down stairs in real life! Big Michigan pot hole?
I'm just a bit over 6000 miles now, turned 5000 on my way to the dragon. I saw grimace parked down there a few times, looked good!
Jason

Old 05-16-2006, 11:09 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
Save the off-road stuff for the SUVs. That's a major league set of ouches there, Stefanie. Hope poor Grimace didn't suffer any suspension damage. Did you catch a water filled pothole?
Emma is approaching 3300 happy motoring miles - no issues (knock on wood) to report, just more grins per mile.

Old 06-12-2006, 09:36 AM
K4KAS
3rd Gear
Guess I could give a lil update! Remember me from many pages back? I was the one in Baghdad when I ordered Skeeter!
I havent had a single problem in 3k miles. Unless you want to count me turning the ABS light on while installing my aftermarlet NAV.
Hes been getting many mods and many more are on the way! He wasnt going to be my daily driver. Now my pathfinder just sits in the driveway!
Here are a few pictures if your interested:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2284796

Old 06-13-2006, 04:32 AM
acitydweller
6th Gear
Ouch... sorry to see that to such fine wheels.

Old 06-13-2006, 05:24 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
K4KAS:
Nice looking MINI - I really like the looks of the NAV unit. Which AVIC model is it and how do you like it?
Emma has turned over 4100 miles - no problems, just lots of grins and my off key singing on the way to and from work . Hope everyone else in our week 4 group is doing well.
I've been waiting to see an update from Stefanie on Grimace. I've also been wondering how SweetTea has been doing.

Old 07-18-2006, 09:27 AM
ImaVunDerBrah
6th Gear
Hey guys! I refuse to let this thread die
Originally Posted by rhawth99
I've been waiting to see an update from Stefanie on Grimace.
No update on the wheels. They're sitting in my garage in the same sad state that they were when we took them off. We're back to the stock 16" x-lites for now. I'm very hesitant to spent more $$ on new aftermarket wheels.

In semi-MINI related news, I started a new job in June, so our commute is now much (MUCH) shorter. We're doing 11-ish job related miles a day.. compared to a whopping 106 before. Now that we aren't driving through Downtown Detroit, I might start considering new wheels.

Grimace and I both have a crush on that JCW Leather Dash. Have you guys seen it?! Gorgeous! My brothers bought me a black leather shift boot with red stitching (to match my old CR/B Cooper) for Christmas. It looks really good in Grimace and the JCW Black leather dash with red stitching would match perfectly. Must. Not. Buy. Mods. :impatient

Does anyone here have the gray leatherette? I noticed something very disturbing on my passenger seat.. there are these little black specks. I can't tell if its color that transfered ON to the leatherette or gray specks that have come OFF. Either way, I'm concerned - especially because I've only had a passenger in the car for maaaybe 500 miles total. I'll probbably be calling the dealer soon.

How is everyone else doing??

Old 07-18-2006, 09:43 AM
jasonsmf
5th Gear
Oh Lord...I thought we were all done with this thread!

I managed to mangle one S-Lite on a trip up through Detroit back in May, not bad enough to cause any leakage or vibration, but a noticeable bend on the inner lip. I had a few choice words for your Michigan roads that day! I have the gray/black letherette and just cleaned the interior this weekend, no spots that I noticed at all, seems to be holding up real nice for me. In other news on my ride, I'm now sporting a Magnaflow Cat-Back, Alta Intake, and a set of Kosei K1 racing 15x7 wheels w/ hoosier race tires for days at the track. My 15% pulley is on the way also. I tried to hold off on doing any mods, but I just can't leave well enough alone!

Any of you guys who purchased from Classic going to be out at Nelson Ledges for the MINI rally this weekend?

Jason

Originally Posted by ImaVunDerBrah
Hey guys! I refuse to let this thread die
No update on the wheels. They're sitting in my garage in the same sad state that they were when we took them off. We're back to the stock 16" x-lites for now. I'm very hesitant to spent more $$ on new aftermarket wheels.

In semi-MINI related news, I started a new job in June, so our commute is now much (MUCH) shorter. We're doing 11-ish job related miles a day.. compared to a whopping 106 before. Now that we aren't driving through Downtown Detroit, I might start considering new wheels.

Grimace and I both have a crush on that JCW Leather Dash. Have you guys seen it?! Gorgeous! My brothers bought me a black leather shift boot with red stitching (to match my old CR/B Cooper) for Christmas. It looks really good in Grimace and the JCW Black leather dash with red stitching would match perfectly. Must. Not. Buy. Mods. :impatient

Does anyone here have the gray leatherette? I noticed something very disturbing on my passenger seat.. there are these little black specks. I can't tell if its color that transfered ON to the leatherette or gray specks that have come OFF. Either way, I'm concerned - especially because I've only had a passenger in the car for maaaybe 500 miles total. I'll probbably be calling the dealer soon.

How is everyone else doing??

Old 07-19-2006, 09:23 AM
sambusik
6th Gear
Problem free 3500 fun miles! Mostly city driving until now though. Really happy with the performance of the Cooper.

Old 07-19-2006, 09:57 AM
G8RMNI
2nd Gear
The AVIC NAV

Originally Posted by rhawth99
K4KAS:
Nice looking MINI - I really like the looks of the NAV unit. Which AVIC model is it and how do you like it?
Emma has turned over 4100 miles - no problems, just lots of grins and my off key singing on the way to and from work . Hope everyone else in our week 4 group is doing well.
I've been waiting to see an update from Stefanie on Grimace. I've also been wondering how SweetTea has been doing.
I installed an AVIC-N2 originally, and then a month later installed a AVIC-N3. Click on my signature to see how I installed it (and plenty of pics!)

Old 07-19-2006, 11:30 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
Wow, thought this thread was dead. Sounds like Grimace is a very demanding little guy ! I'm heading for 5500 miles on Emma and just had my wife's '05 in June 30 for the service I (she has around 10.7K miles).
G8RMINI - man, that was a mess of wires in the dash . I installed Ian's auto up in my wife's MINI and have another unit sitting around waiting to be installed in mine. I did change the oil around 2K miles in mine and rotated the tires at 5K but other than washing frequently, haven't done anything else. Good to hear from the week 4 folks again