1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vehicle Production Week 51 Support Group - 12/19 - 12/23

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 11:01 AM
spotlit
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle Production Week 51 Support Group - 12/19 - 12/23

Amazingly enough, my MINI went from having an estimated completion date of January 15th to being done sometime between yesterday and today!! From my calculations that makes me Week 51. Are there any fellow week 51'ers?

According to the automated response on 866 ASK MINI, it's now waiting for the carrier. Unfortunately, the Owner's Lounge seems to be down and I have no further details on where it's at. I talked to the ASK MINI human on the phone and they didn't have those kinds of details either.

I see people are aware of where their cars are after this stage--which boat they get on and tracking it across the sea. How are you doing that? Is there a thread that talks about where to go from here to check status?

One other thing, my dealer is in Mountain View, CA. Does anyone know how long it takes from this point to arriving at the dealer, typically?

Old 12-20-2005, 11:25 AM
elbum0
3rd Gear
Nice! My MINI is also "at the port awaiting a transportation vessel... no shipping information is available at this time". According to http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/ the next US-bound ship coming out of Southampton is the Liberty, which departs tomorrow (21st), however i don't know how to confirm that you or I will be on that. I tried talking to a rep at ASKMINI, who said to call my dealer for that information, so I called Jeff up and he said call ASKMINI.

Back when I first got my production #, I was told that once it departs it takes about 22 days before it will be ready to pick up, which includes boat ride, inspection, and transportation to the dealer. I'm guessing that it doesn't include time to install dealer-installed options like my aero kit or driving lamps though.

Old 12-20-2005, 12:38 PM
Salt and Pepper
1st Gear
Me too!

Ask Mini told me my mini was completed on the 16th and as of today, is still awaiting transportation, surely it will get on a boat soon, and I'll be riding with you guys...I can hardly wait! Looks like it won't be until the second week in January though, if I'm lucky. I've seen several links on various threads throughout NAM to track the boat once you're on, I'm going to give it a try (so far I haven't had any luck). Let me know if you find your boat.

Old 01-04-2006, 05:25 AM
Salt and Pepper
1st Gear
Where are you guys?

Do either one of you guys know where your mini is? ASK MINI says mine is STILL waiting to be released to the carrier; I spoke with a cust. svc. rep. and she said it's not normal for one to sit at the factory after completion this long (since 12/16) and I should contact my sales rep in Atlanta, which I did and have not heard back from her yet. I was just wondering if your minis were stuck too, or have you made a boat?

Old 01-04-2006, 04:27 PM
spotlit
Neutral
Yes, mine has been stuck, too. Not only that, but I can't login to the Owner's Lounge.

I think I need to call my MA.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:40 AM
Salt and Pepper
1st Gear
Finally!

On the ASK MINI line this morning it FINALLY said my car was released to a carrier !!! I've talked to a rep. at ask mini and it IS at the port waiting to be loaded on a boat. He said they won't be able to provide any further info, but it could get on in one day, or a couple of weeks , and the dealer will be notified when it begins the trip. The reason it sat at the factory so long is because they were shut down for 3 weeks, I assume because of the holidays. So...the waiting game continues:impatient. I have also decided on a name for her...Lambchops, of course you have to be born in the 50's to know where that comes from, and I bet you guys are way to young for that! Hope you're all at the port with me.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:35 PM
hays0023
1st Gear
hopefully, I will be on the same boat! My car was complete on 12/18, and I have been anxiously awaiting...

Old 01-10-2006, 06:13 AM
Salt and Pepper
1st Gear
Closer and closer...

I called ASK MINI this morning and I'm FINALLY in transit!!! Don't know which boat or anything like that, I hope to hear from my MA this week and maybe she'll know. Anyone else know where they are?

Old 01-13-2006, 04:21 AM
Salt and Pepper
1st Gear
Found Lambchops' boat!

I finally found the boat my mini's on last night...it's the Freedom and it left Southampton on the 1st, due to dock at Charleston on the 21st. It stops at NYC & Baltimore first, 16th and 18th resp. Have you guys found yours? I'm hoping to be able to pick mine up the last weekend this month or at least the first weekend in Feb. which is good since my present car just sold and I'll be using a friend's Z4 til then. I just HATE I have such a poor car to put up with til mine comes in !! But really, I'll be afraid of getting a ding or something worse on it, so I won't be driving it unless I have to. I'm so excited, the time is getting so-o-o-o close.

Old 01-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Salt and Pepper
1st Gear
in the USA

Although none of you guys are not big talkers, thought I'd post that the Freedom docked in Charleston yesterday (22nd) and my Lambchop should be on American soil now. Hopefully she'll be trucked to Atlanta soon and I can pick her up! So if any of you were on the Freedom, your wait shouldn't be much longer either.

Old 01-23-2006, 01:52 PM
spotlit
Neutral
I'm not a big talker on this forum, because my MINI's been stuck waiting for transport in Southampton for almost a month now.

I'm on the west coast, so I'm waiting for the next boat that goes to Los Angeles.

No news on that front...

Old 01-25-2006, 08:10 AM
Salt and Pepper
1st Gear
Got the date...picking my baby up on 2/1 at Hank Aaron BMW/MINI.

Old 02-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Red Erik
2nd Gear
Since I am still waiting for my Mini, and have nothing better to do, I thought I would mention that almost everyone else within my production week (49) has received their car and are now comparing mileage. Even folks in 50 and 51 are enjoying their Minis, driving and comparing notes. No sign of Red Erik. I am starting to feel a bit goofy calling the dealer and asking for any word. Today's feeling is "bleh." Thanks for letting me be all "bleh."

Old 02-06-2006, 05:08 AM
Salt and Pepper
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Red Erik
Since I am still waiting for my Mini, and have nothing better to do, I thought I would mention that almost everyone else within my production week (49) has received their car and are now comparing mileage. Even folks in 50 and 51 are enjoying their Minis, driving and comparing notes. No sign of Red Erik. I am starting to feel a bit goofy calling the dealer and asking for any word. Today's feeling is "bleh." Thanks for letting me be all "bleh."
I wouldn't waste my time calling the dealer, my MA NEVER knew as much as I did from following the info and links on this site. The only step she knew before me was when it was unloaded at the dealership. Have you called ASK MINI? They'll be able to give you more info until it leaves the port. I've been enjoying Lambchop now for over one week, hope you get Red Erik soon.