1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Month Into It

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 10:58 PM
yellowbritishrocket
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Month Into It

Well its been about a month since i took my 03 LY/B MCS off the pre owned lot at Cush Honda(what started as a parts purchase for my hatchback civic turned into a car purchase) here in San Diego CA and now my thoughts and opinions...

Well after the whole financing fiasco and once i got everything straight i really started to enjoy it....

Pretty good gas milage...averaging about 30-31 mph mixed driving around here(im in the navy and work a swing shift watch...so i motor day and night depending lol)

Amazing handling...i am happlily pleased with the solid feel the suspension system has...and the dealership put on brand new Fuzion ZRi tires on it( )

Real looker...i love the contrast of the Liquid Yellow/Black(in fact i would like to replace the yellow/chrome grille with a all black one)...i get looks and nods and point and stares from other drivers and pedestrians....hell even drivers of 6 figure cars give me the which is nice...and also the 17in R90 rims are awesome too...ive always been a big fan of that particular style of rim

Mini Culture...i love it when other owners give u a wave or a thumbs up...its a real change from the japanese import scene...in which everyone acts like the fast and the furious...its much more relax and pleasureable experience...plus the heritage the car has...i have ridden and driven an old Mini

Interior/Convience...me im a big guy(6'4 230lbs) and i love that i dont have to put the seat back all the way...and i like the way the lower part of the dash is angled so if i have to move the seat up to accomidate my usually drunk and/or rowdy friends its still comfortable and i can shift without a problem...i also love how all the buttons and ***** are centrally located around the shifter....makes shifting and other tasks easier...the giant speedo is great for night time driving and the tach is nice...i catch some people tailgating me so they can see what that giant amber colored thing is lol...plus the dual pane sunroof is a real joy

Safety...i really like the active all time DSC...ABS i was never really a fan of...my civic had no abs so i got to learn how to stop a car based on pedal feel so i have a pretty good driving skill but it is nice to have front and rear disc brakes...the suspension setup is a dream...very very minimal body roll and flex in the corners....and i love the reaction people get when they push on the side of the car and it doesnt move ...and exactly how many airbags are in this thing!! ive never seen this many airbags in most other cars ive been in
Engine/Power:with 163hp this really isnt a drag car but thats ok...i really got tired of the whole what ur car can do in the 1/4mi crap...i like to hear what your time is for autocrossing or track racing...i posted my cars pics in a website i visit from time to time...i was expecting to get flamed for it...but instead i had people tell me its a good thing im not there cuz they are afraid of the auto-x power these cars have lmao...the supercharger is a blessing and curse because some kids next to me hear that whine they usually want to race me....though the power is there under ur foot when u need it...being here in socal i needed it for acceleration past drivers...the 6spd tranny is also nice...got a nice feeling when shifting and the clutch pedal tightness is also nice aswell...my only thing is modding it too much...because my civic after awhile i went nuts on the engine mods lol...the stock exhaust has a nice tone to it(but itching for a milltek one)

My friends notice a different attitude in me when im driving the mini...im more relaxed and have alot more fun....and i catch my self grinning like a school boy when i see S curves....i just feel giddy driving this car

there are a few things that get me annoyed....one is how do some of you keep your mini's clean down here....it seems my car attracts dust dirt and crap all the time....never had this problem before....but really thats my only complaint...well besides the idiot retared moron drivers they grow here in socal....my gawd talk about rubberneckers lol

but other than that to BMW/Mini for a great car

now i have to find out how good of a service center Brecht Mini is

Old 01-01-2006, 11:14 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Hahahaha....yes, the boot attracts dust and dirt like no other vehicle! But...it is so easy to clean and detail the MINI! Be sure to carry some Meguiar's Quick Detail and microfiber towels for quick touch-ups between washes! Sounds like you're having a great time with your MINI...cheers!

Old 01-01-2006, 11:40 PM
10851CS
Former Vendor
yellowbritishrocket,

Did you get signed up with our Yahoo group?

Earl

Old 01-01-2006, 11:43 PM
yellowbritishrocket
Banned
no not yet....do u have a link to it???

Old 01-01-2006, 11:44 PM
yellowbritishrocket
Banned
Originally Posted by MINIclo
Hahahaha....yes, the boot attracts dust and dirt like no other vehicle! But...it is so easy to clean and detail the MINI! Be sure to carry some Meguiar's Quick Detail and microfiber towels for quick touch-ups between washes! Sounds like you're having a great time with your MINI...cheers!
lol tell me about it...i wash and wax the blasted thing then later on in the day i look back there and i see black stuff forming again ....**** used to drive me batty lol

Old 01-02-2006, 08:11 PM
yellowbritishrocket
Banned
my other thing is im trying to come up with a name for her???

Old 01-02-2006, 08:18 PM
MR ECON
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I assumed you were going to name her the Yellow Rocket. Enjoy the Mini experience. For me there has never been a vehicle-owning experience like it.

PS My son is in the Navy. He was stationed in San Diego a while ago, but is now in Ingleside, Texas...Soon to be deployed to Bahrain. Thank you for our service to your country!

Old 01-02-2006, 08:21 PM
COR BLMY
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yellow Rocket

Welcome
Looks like that name may stick

Old 01-02-2006, 09:41 PM
yellowbritishrocket
Banned
Yellow Rocket sounds good or Angry Bee...PS i recently returned from Bahrain back in july...did a year there....do u know where on bahrain he is going?

Old 01-02-2006, 09:44 PM
yellowbritishrocket
Banned
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BBMA-...spagenameZWDVW

i saw this on ebay and it got me laughing so hard i want one

Old 01-02-2006, 10:16 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
It's very funny!! BBMA! YAY!

Old 01-02-2006, 10:46 PM
yellowbritishrocket
Banned
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=50449

i like this one too...think i may get both

Old 01-02-2006, 11:16 PM
yellowbritishrocket
Banned
as you can tell i love goofy stuff...if someone is driving behind me and it gets a chuckle out of them im happy