1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some newbie help...sorta

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 08:01 PM
DaniCoffee
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some newbie help...sorta

hey guys, i've had my car for a while now, but just haven't ventured into the forums. i bought the car from a member here last Jan. so some might remember the car.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...cat=500&page=1

here's the help i need. took the car in for service, and was told there was a recall on the ecu, so they had to flash/replace it. the car had been tuned via the EVOtech software. never really had to do anything with it except enjoy driving it, so didn't think twice about it. well, now the car is back and feels....neutered. first thing i did was look for the info we got when we got the car, and no documentation about the EVOtech stuff. i had the # for a shop that did all the work on the car, but can't find that (and don't know if they did the ecu stuff anyhow?). and to make it worse, the # i had for the previous owners doesn't work anymore, well different people have the # now.

anyone know if there is a way to find out via VIN or ecu code or anything, how to get reflashed with the software. couldn't find a site for EVOtech, and sent out a few emails today. figured someone here might be of some help. previous members name was Whitney on these boards if that helps somehow?

Old 01-07-2006, 01:31 AM
DaniCoffee
1st Gear
do i really have to pay full price for the upgrade again? no has any help for me? trying to find out if they can track via VIN or something

Old 01-09-2006, 12:48 AM
early_apex
6th Gear
I would call a vendor that installs the Evotech and ask them if there is any way to pull a record on the car. There may only be one or two in your area and you may get lucky and find the shop that installed it. If they can confirm that you had the software installed I'd think they'd be able to put it back in the car for the cost of labor (~$100).

I chipped our old TT and had always menat to ask them what would happen if the dealer reflashed the ECU but never got around to it. I'd be interested to find out what you find out.