1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Woo Hooo!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 10:24 AM
S Curvz
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woo Hooo!

I will officially be a mini owner tonight Put the down payment on a 2003 BRG MCS on saturday and take delivery tonight. Im so excited to get behind the wheel of it again.

Now the only difficult decision i need to make right now is what vanity plate i want. In Ohio we can have 7 letters on the plate. My other vehical is a lifted Wrangler and people always joke that i am compinsating for something. When i told a friend i was getting a mini, they said i should put NOTCOMP on the plates. Any other ideas?

Old 01-09-2006, 10:31 AM
thefuturequeenofnebraska
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JPalt
I will officially be a mini owner tonight Put the down payment on a 2003 BRG MCS on saturday and take delivery tonight. Im so excited to get behind the wheel of it again.
CONGRATS!!! YEA!!!!!

can we have the specs too please?

Old 01-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Rowan
5th Gear
Congratulations!
I am a new owner myself and I know how exciting it must be for you!

Old 01-09-2006, 10:38 AM
S Curvz
6th Gear
Well, from what i have put together on pakages(even though its a mini dealer, they dont list the pakages, just the options) Its has the cold weather pakage, sunroof, spoiler, manual, NAV, and climate controls. I may be missing somethings, but off top my head, thats what i remember. The car has 43,000 miles on it. Still debating if i want to do an extended warrenty or not.

I think the first mod is going to be the MTH tuner file, then alta intake and possibly and exhaust. I just sold a 93 camry with a v6. I had some mods on that, but the exhaust while i loved it when i was driving hard, it really droned at crussing speed. I guess we will see. Hopefully i can meet up with some mini clubs, or go to the dragon this year and listen to some setups.

But most of all, i cant wait to get out of work and get behind the wheel.

Old 01-09-2006, 10:42 AM
thefuturequeenofnebraska
6th Gear
Sounds like a great car!!!
(and i recommend the ALTA CAI and 15% pulley...*drool*)

Old 01-09-2006, 10:49 AM
S Curvz
6th Gear
Thanks. I really didnt *need* all the options i got, i just wanted heated seats and sunroof, but the nav was a nice addition.

The pully is also on my list of things to do, as is that new crank dampaner(the companys name escapes me right now) at the same time. I want to go to a pulley party to have this done, they sound like fun.

Old 01-09-2006, 10:56 AM
mmatarella
6th Gear
Congrats!

You're gonna have a ear to ear smile on your face...

Heartily recomend the Alta CAI and Alta (or any) 15% pulley. Just a AMAZING difference!

Old 01-09-2006, 11:43 AM
KarenTKD
3rd Gear
Congrats! Gotta love that "whoo hoo" feeling!

Old 01-09-2006, 11:54 AM
thefuturequeenofnebraska
6th Gear
Thanks. I really didnt *need* all the options i got, i just wanted heated seats and sunroof, but the nav was a nice addition.

The pully is also on my list of things to do, as is that new crank dampaner(the companys name escapes me right now) at the same time. I want to go to a pulley party to have this done, they sound like fun.
there is going to be a pulley party at the Dragon... and you are always more than welcome to come up here to Detroit (ish) and get one done with Detroit Tuned! We would love to see your car! happy motoring!

Old 01-09-2006, 12:09 PM
Petite Panda
4th Gear
Originally Posted by KarenTKD
Congrats! Gotta love that "whoo hoo" feeling!
I still have that feeling every time I drive this great car! Congratulations on one of the best things you will ever buy in this life.

Old 01-09-2006, 12:13 PM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No idea on the plates....but great news on the MINI!!! You are in for some fun times, my friend!

Old 01-09-2006, 12:16 PM
FlynHawaiian
5th Gear
all I can tell you is you will regret your purchase. Guess why? Cause yah NO OTHER CAR WILL EVER FEEL LIKE A MINI. Your stuck my friend. I feel for you. Course, I'm the nut who keeps moding his car more and more :P. VROOOM VROOM. Hmmm, I feel the urg to run outside and go motoring for a few hours. ARRRG

Old 01-09-2006, 12:16 PM
Call
4th Gear
It always gets me excited when a new MINI owner comes to the board with so much excitement. Most of us here greatly appreciate the opportunity to share in this wonderful moment. Your MINI will serve you well. Just wait until you see the heads start turning. Many twisties will shed a tear as another MINI rips at their heart, passing onward and upward toward the DRAGON IN THE SKY. Welcome brother.

Oh, and about that extended warranty...not worth the paper it's written on. Get one and read the fine print. When I started to trade in a MINI with the 100K mile warranty to a MINI dealer of all people, I was told it had no real value. If any of these parts it claims to cover wear out under normal conditions they are not covered. They have to break and it better not be because you drove it wrong or didn't take care of it the way you should. Was it serviced by the MINI dealer. It can go on and on. Don't do it. Put your money on mods

Old 01-09-2006, 12:38 PM
S Curvz
6th Gear
Thanks for the warm welcome! I love being part of something else.

FlynHawaiian your are right, but i didnt regret the purchase as much as i did the test drive. After i got behind the wheel, i no longer wanted the GS430 or G35 i was looking at. They were faster, but not nearly as much fun to drive.

Where is this dragon? I know i want to go, but i have no idea where it is.

This community is close nit like the Jeep people... I love it.

Old 01-10-2006, 09:18 AM
S Curvz
6th Gear
Almost one tank of gas down

I am running errands for everyone, just so i can drive. Heading into work was so much fun, 6 gear at 70 is great. Down shift to 3rd and .

No looking back now. Just have to gather some money for MTH, One ball, and an intake. Then pulley at some party

You guys are expensive to know

Old 01-10-2006, 09:27 AM
10851CS
Former Vendor

Now the only difficult decision i need to make right now is what vanity plate i want. In Ohio we can have 7 letters on the plate. My other vehical is a lifted Wrangler and people always joke that i am compinsating for something. When i told a friend i was getting a mini, they said i should put NOTCOMP on the plates. Any other ideas?
I originally had S CURVES on my plate her in CA. Transfered it to someone else when I changed it.

Earl

Old 01-10-2006, 11:34 AM
S Curvz
6th Gear
That is one we had talked about before (we have been discussing this at work). So far its also the winner.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Squirlz
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! I love being part of something else.

FlynHawaiian your are right, but i didnt regret the purchase as much as i did the test drive. After i got behind the wheel, i no longer wanted the GS430 or G35 i was looking at. They were faster, but not nearly as much fun to drive.

Where is this dragon? I know i want to go, but i have no idea where it is.

This community is close nit like the Jeep people... I love it.
www.tailofthedragon.com

Here is the official Dragon website. You'll also find threads on this board related to the MINI specific occasion.

Welcome to the club!

Old 01-10-2006, 03:35 PM
S Curvz
6th Gear
Thanks, i think i am going to need to go to that Now to decided on what i *NEED* to do before i get there.

Old 01-11-2006, 07:17 AM
S Curvz
6th Gear
Some pictures...

Not the best pictures, but not bad considering I had only minutes to get to work.