1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

track your ship ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 05:02 AM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
track your ship ???

Help, I saw a thread the other day that had some links to a site that you could track the ship that your Mini is coming over on. Well yesterday I found out my Mini is out of production and now I can't find those links:impatient

Old 01-21-2006, 05:57 AM
gt6
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you haven't alread, you need to start by finding out which ship your car is sailing on. Go to the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/cargoTrack.do Customer Centre, Cargo Tracking, Auto Cargo and enter your vehicle VIN in the box that says Cargo ID. As long as the vehicle has arrived at the port and been logged in, it will give you the ship name and other info about the scheduled trip.

After the ship leaves the port there are a couple of sites that you can use to track the voyage. One of them is http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/index.html which will also give you the ships call sign. Enter the ship name at the bottom and you can get the call sign. You can track the ship from this site but it's not always very current. My car is set to depart today from Southampton but the ship it's on has not been updated on this site since Jan. 11. Another site you can use is http://www.oceanweather.com/data/ but you need to know the vessel ID to be able to see it. Click on a portion of the main map for a closer view, and then click on Marine Observations. You will then be able to see the call signs of various vessels in the area. Sometimes it gets pretty crowded but once the ship gets into the open ocean it's pretty easy to follow the progress.

There are other ways to do this as well and I'm sure others will step up with some more tips for you.

Good luck.

Old 01-21-2006, 06:23 AM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
Thanks for info!!!!

Old 01-21-2006, 07:49 AM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
Hey gt6,

My Mini is at southampton on the Patriot, when I go the "oceanweather" site, you said I'll my ship ID, is that the same as the callsign? If not, do you know where I can find my ships ID number

Thanks

Old 01-21-2006, 10:52 AM
gt6
5th Gear
I'm on the Patriot also. It's scheduled to leave port today and you probably won't be able to see any sign of it on the Ocean Weather site until Monday or Tuesday. The call sign of the Patriot is WQVY.

Not sure if you noticed or not, but on the WW site if you click on the voyage "EB603-PAT" it will give you more information. I just checked and the ship has left the port and is on it's way to New York and then on to Charleston, SC.

Old 01-22-2006, 07:52 AM
gt6
5th Gear
The Patriot has begun the voyage across the Atlantic. Call sign WQVY is highlighted.

Old 01-22-2006, 08:14 AM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
Hey gt6,

How cool is that! I'm thinkin maybe I'll get rowboat, head out and meet it half way.

Thanks for the update

"Hey I'm out of nuetral"

Old 01-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Jersey_Bill
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was away for a few days and upon getting home the first thing I did was check the location of Elektra - which is a few hundred kilometers out ahead of Partiot and heading to Halifax and then NYC with my MINI.

If MINIs on the same boat are siblings, are MINIs on the Atlantic at the same time cousins ?????

Bill

ps - I am SERIOUSLY thinking about driving over to the auto terminal to check out Elektra when she arrives. Only a 45 min drive and you get a great aerial vew from the bridge to the Holland Tunnel of all the ships unloading.

Old 01-23-2006, 09:44 AM
Magmir
1st Gear
I ordered my fiance a MINI for Xmas and it's on the Patriot as well! She's very excited (I am too). I'm imagining hers will go to the Charleston "stop" as we live in Atlanta.

Exciting times.

When did you all order? I ordered hers Dec. 5th, but it was already scheduled for production at that point (I wasn't able to change any options or anything like that).

Old 01-23-2006, 03:29 PM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
I ordered my on Nov 16th, but then decided I wanted the Navigational system, so I lost my place and was reassigned a new car.

I can no longer find the patriot on the tracking program, can anyone else?

Old 01-23-2006, 03:50 PM
gt6
5th Gear
I ordered mine on Dec. 9.

The Patriot is visible on the Sailx site but not on the Ocean Weather site.

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...-12&radius=300

Old 01-24-2006, 10:11 AM
Red Erik
2nd Gear
Not that I'm getting antsy...but I have tried the tracking several times now using my VIN, with no results. Last week, the folks at Ask-Mini indicated my new car had arrived in California. This week, they are saying the car has just left port in England! Argh! Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!!

Old 01-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Jersey_Bill
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Red Erik
Not that I'm getting antsy...but I have tried the tracking several times now using my VIN, with no results. Last week, the folks at Ask-Mini indicated my new car had arrived in California. This week, they are saying the car has just left port in England! Argh! Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!!
Are you entering the FULL VIN number in the tracking box?

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTrac...trackType=Auto

I believe you used to be able to enter only the last segment and get away with it. If you are doing the full VIN correctly, then the boat people may either not have your MINI yet (on way to docks?) of may have already delivered it.....

Bill

Old 01-24-2006, 10:35 AM
Red Erik
2nd Gear
Thanks, Bill. I have been putting in the full VIN but get no tracking information on my car. For reference, my car was about the same build week as yours (late November, 2005), so perhaps the early notification of it's arrival in California was incorrect (again...argh!). Not sure why my VIN does not work, but it certainly makes the daily obsession more interesting!

Old 01-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Jersey_Bill
4th Gear
From what I have heard of the plant slowdown / shutdown, for all the people ordering around late Nov and early Dec, I am getting my MCS about as fast as anyone to the East Coast - will ultimately have the car the first week of Feb. I think that the ocean passage is 9 or 10 days to NYC but it has got to be almost twice that through the canal I would think. For the car to be at the West Coast dealership now, it would have had to be loaded on a ship in early January - and I just don't recall reading of that many "vehicle completion dates" until mid-January, whether from the plant slowdown or overhang from the holiday shutdown.

You don't get ship status until your MINI is accepted by the shipping line, "registered" and accepted for shipment at the port - then the record is created and you find out which ship and when it is loaded. My bet is that your MINI is en route to the port or being held for the next ship bound through the canal.

What does the "owners' lounge" status say? That is usually 3-4 days late after an actual status change but helpful for corroborating other indications. The main source I used for reasonably current status change was the "automated voice system" of the ASK MINI service - but perhaps talking to a real person there might shake loose a better status indication. Maybe you have done all this.... just a thought.

Bill

Old 01-24-2006, 02:01 PM
goaljnky
Banned
I am in the same "boat", so to speak. The best I can narrow it down to is that the car made the port on the 6th of January. It is still waiting for a ship and inputing the vin humber does not return any info.

Old 01-24-2006, 04:02 PM
MINICHEF
6th Gear
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. IT TURNS OUT THE TRACKING ONLY WORKS FOR CARS DELIVERED TO THE EAST COAST
IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SO COOL TO WATCH THE SHIP GO THRU THE PANAMA CANAL. THERE IS A SITE WITH CAMERAS TO VIEW SHIPS TRAVEL THE CANAL.
HOW COOL WOULD IT BE TO SEE YOUR MINI ON THE SHIP.

Old 01-24-2006, 04:04 PM
Red Erik
2nd Gear
Frankly, when I was told they would ship my Mini, I actually thought they meant ship MY Mini. Apparently, and perhaps this isn't news to anyone else, they ship a whole bunch of Minis at the same time. Like mine isn't the most important!! Gasp!! Isn't sharing our obsession fun? However, I shall continue to be strong and remain in a buzzed state of heightened awareness. BTW...pun points to goaljinky!!

Red Erik
Waiting
Ready
Obsessed

Old 01-24-2006, 04:16 PM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
yo gt6,

do you see the patriot anywhere, i can't find it anywhere

thanks

Old 01-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Jersey_Bill
4th Gear
Someone here had a Sig photo of the WW ship with an obvious and tiny little MINI sitting on the top deck... It was sooo funny.

Well, I understand that even though our MINIs have to share accomodations, at least they have their staterooms to retire to and gym privileges to keep their strength up during the crossing. Shuffleboard is OK I guess but swimming is not....

Didn't know that the canal ships are not tracked. Actually, I think that MY ship heads to the canal as the last stop on the itinerary I have (some town in Panama is listed which I assume to be at the head of the canal). Check out the full itineraries of some of the WW ships on their site and I think you will see many of them hitting Halifax, NYC, Charlotte and then heading down to the canal - at least mine does. I am wondering whether the SailWx site will track anything after it hits the first port - since I believe the site is designed to give you a reading on weather out on the open ocean. I am looking forward to following my ship until it enters NY harbor and then will drive over to take a photo of it unloading at the auto terminal....(how compulsive!!!)

Bill

Old 01-24-2006, 05:58 PM
snooter
Mr. MOTD
I found the partriot, its midway across the atlantic between england and canada (N50,w30)

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml

Old 01-24-2006, 06:35 PM
MINICHEF
6th Gear
Ships Delivering Minis To The West Coast(oxnard, Ca.) Leave South Hampton And Go Direct To Cali. Thru The Canal. Our Minis Get A Nice (but Too Long) 26 Day Cruise. I Hope They All Dont Enjoy Those Midnite Buffets To Much

Old 01-25-2006, 09:07 AM
G8RMNI
2nd Gear
My car is supposed to be done on the 28th of January at the factory. My dealer is in Northern Virginia, so hopefully my car will come to Baltimore. If it does, then it looks like the car will arrive on 2/12. Keeping my fingers crossed!!! It would be on the Boheme if it is delivered to Baltimore. Other possiblities are as follows:

South Hampton --> Baltimore
Boheme
Departure Arrival
2/1/06 2/12/06

South Hampton --> Charleston, SC
Integrity
2/3/06 2/18/06

South Hampton --> New York
Boheme
2/1/06 2/10/06

South Hampton --> Norfolk
2/11/06 3/4/06

South Hampton --> Portsmouth
2/5/06 3/3/06

Old 01-25-2006, 09:27 AM
billie
1st Gear
Thanks Minichef for the info on West Coast delivery as I'm waiting for the ship to get to Oxnard (it was supposed to arrive on 1/19/06). Bummer that we can't track the status of the boat but hopefully he'll arrive soon. Can't wait to meet him!

Old 02-02-2006, 06:28 AM
saakey
5th Gear
I see my car has been received at the terminal...and set to ride the "Integrity" but what I don't see is a date that this ship will set sail. Does that appear there or do they maybe just not that info yet?

Quick Reply: track your ship ???