1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Wk 6 - Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 11:27 AM
bolus
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I expect some pics from you two to hold me over for a while.

Old 03-18-2006, 07:28 PM
dashiel
2nd Gear
just got back from the dealer, by way of the parents, by way of my sister who all wanted to see keyop. unfortunately my girlfriend had to rush to work (damn grad school!) so she has yet to motor. as soon as she's off though away we go for a midnight snack.

photos will be forthcoming

Old 03-19-2006, 04:21 AM
queenB
Coordinator :: Smoky Mountain MINIs
Congrats, folks and enjoy.

Old 03-19-2006, 08:42 AM
pjschaffer
5th Gear
Originally Posted by bolus
I expect some pics from you two to hold me over for a while.
Will this do?

More Photos Here

It rained last night so she may look a little wet, but what a blast to drive.

Phil

Old 03-19-2006, 11:30 AM
bolus
4th Gear
Originally Posted by pjschaffer
Will this do?

More Photos Here

It rained last night so she may look a little wet, but what a blast to drive.

Phil
Wow, looks great! thanks for the pics. I hope you have some fun this weekend

Old 03-19-2006, 11:35 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Mini OL finally changed to at VDC with estimated delivery of 3/20/06. I emailed my MA and still wont change his date of april. He's a nice guy but he must be really conservative about dates or something in case there is any delay.

So I am hoping that I'll be able to pick it up the weekend of the 25th.

Well, that's a little better
Figure it gets to the VPC on the 20th, then takes 3 to 5 days to clear, plus another couple days or so to get to oregon, then another couple days to get the prep'd for delivery and you're looking at the very end of this month or early april (best case - not taking into account things like sundays getting in the way). The very first part of April would be my bet.

Old 03-19-2006, 11:43 AM
bolus
4th Gear
Originally Posted by DiD
Figure it gets to the VPC on the 20th, then takes 3 to 5 days to clear, plus another couple days or so to get to oregon, then another couple days to get the prep'd for delivery and you're looking at the very end of this month or early april (best case - not taking into account things like sundays getting in the way). The very first part of April would be my bet.
Yeah, I wouldn't be suprised. My MA said 50 other mini's are arriving at the same time as mine so I may still have to wait a while to get my dealer options installed.

After checking NAM, AISlive, Mini OL, Ask mini and various other tracking sites daily since I got my production number on 1/25, I got a little burned out. I took a few days off and feel a lot better

Old 03-20-2006, 09:08 AM
bolus
4th Gear
Hey guys, On my way to work today I passed a Waggoner's truck. Mini uses this company to ship cars. It was headed directly for the dealer so I almost called in sick to follow it.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co.../vpc/vpc28.jpg

For some reason, I had a feeling that my mini was on there (snowball's chance in hell though, I know)

It's too bad their VIN tracking has never worked or I would be able to tell

http://www.waggonerstrucking.com/e-business/index.html

Old 03-20-2006, 09:36 AM
pjschaffer
5th Gear
Hey guys, On my way to work today I passed a Waggoner's truck. Mini uses this company to ship cars. It was headed directly for the dealer so I almost called in sick to follow it.

For some reason, I had a feeling that my mini was on there (snowball's chance in hell though, I know)

It's too bad their VIN tracking has never worked or I would be able to tell
Bolus,

You could try their 800 number (800-999-9097). Even if the on-line VIN tracking doesn't work, I'm sure they have an internal system that does. That would be awesome if you did see the truck your Mini was on.

Good luck. I'm looking forward to hearing how your delivery goes. It's been great commiserating together while we all waited for our Minis.

Phil

Old 03-21-2006, 12:49 PM
bolus
4th Gear
Originally Posted by DiD
So now I'm a little confused. So anyone know if the "Estimated delivery date" on mini ol the date it gets to the VDC or the date it suppose to get to the dealer? Mine still reads 3/20 and by reading the other posts I thought it was the date it gets to the dealer. MA has no new delivery info and no tracking available by waggoners.

It would just be nice to have a relatively firm date. Even if it is the first week of April that would be fine but this vague stuff is annoying. MA still says "I'll know more when it gets here" :/

Old 03-21-2006, 02:40 PM
pjschaffer
5th Gear
snip...So anyone know if the "Estimated delivery date" on mini ol the date it gets to the VDC or the date it suppose to get to the dealer? Mine still reads 3/20 and by reading the other posts I thought it was the date it gets to the dealer...
Don't know for sure, but in my case, I think it was the date it was delivered to the trucking company. OL indicated 16Mar delivery. Took actual delivery on 18Mar and its only about 60 miles or so from dealer to VDC.

Phil

Old 03-21-2006, 02:45 PM
bolus
4th Gear
Don't know for sure, but in my case, I think it was the date it was delivered to the trucking company. OL indicated 16Mar delivery. Took actual delivery on 18Mar and its only about 60 miles or so from dealer to VDC.

Phil
Thanks Phil, I appreciate you sticking around and keeping me company while I wait

Old 03-21-2006, 02:49 PM
patgoeglein
2nd Gear
Allright, I picked up Betty on Saturday. She is unbelievable.... really a lot of fun. way more power than I ever expected. I had driven the S however never the JCW. What a difference. Very happy Yes FUN FUN FUN.... wife isn't so happy with my little "Clown Car" (her words)....lol

Old 03-21-2006, 06:41 PM
pjschaffer
5th Gear
Originally Posted by patgoeglein
.... wife isn't so happy with my little "Clown Car" (her words)....lol
My wife is just happy Emma is here so I can stop obsessing over trying to track it. Although now she is getting on me about all the accesories I'm buying .

Congrats on your new addition. How 'bout some pictures?

Old 03-21-2006, 09:20 PM
dashiel
2nd Gear
hey bolus,

sorry this took so long to post. i didn't get any good shots, though my mum (a.k.a. the shutterbug apparently has loads) so here's the only one i have so far:

as pj mentioned it rained quite a bit the past few days so keyop is already dirty. still need to pick up my R99s, a dension, mikey's bluetooth interface, tint the windows a bit and hopefully a neat-o custom ipod holder i designed for the arm rest (getting some quotes now).

loads of fun, though really hard to follow that break in period, especially when jerks in SUVs tail gate you on a windy, unlit road on a rainy night. GRRRR. when it finally went to two lane (and lit) he tried to "blast by me" to show his displeasure. i did avoid breaking the 4500RPM break in recommendation... just.

Old 03-21-2006, 10:22 PM
bolus
4th Gear
Originally Posted by dashiel
hey bolus,

sorry this took so long to post. i didn't get any good shots, though my mum (a.k.a. the shutterbug apparently has loads) so here's the only one i have so far:
Hey, that looks great! post more when you get them

Old 03-22-2006, 12:09 AM
pjschaffer
5th Gear
... tint the windows a bit...

...i did avoid breaking the 4500RPM break in recommendation... just.
Hey Dashiel,

Good looking Mini. I think the window tinting you have planned will look great. Also, I now what you mean about breaking the 4500RPM break in limit. I've been trying hard, but I've blipped up to about 5000 a few times.

Hopefully we'll have a dry weekend so your Keyop and my Emma can get the much needed bath they deserve.

Too bad you didn't get the rear fog light (at least I don't see it in the photo) as I've already used it a few times to ward off tailgaters. Works well for that purpose.

Old 03-22-2006, 04:23 AM
TSR53
5th Gear
Support Group pays off! Both pj's and dashiel, your Cooper 'esses look fantastic. When everyone else gets there ride delivered upload photos! Keep them coming guys!

Old 03-22-2006, 06:44 AM
jibeho
5th Gear
20 days = 1075 Miles!!

Break-in will be done this Saturday when we drive to Fort Lauderdale. Last night I shifted 1st and 2nd at 6000. WOW is all I can say

Old 03-22-2006, 09:17 AM
dashiel
2nd Gear
Too bad you didn't get the rear fog light (at least I don't see it in the photo) as I've already used it a few times to ward off tailgaters. Works well for that purpose.
ah great idea. yeah too bad... i wonder maybe a retrofit is in the cards. i'm hoping this weekend is bright and sunny for a car wash and short road trip. there's a great place in town that handles the fleet account for lexus, range rover and a few others. not to mention when you drive by and see ferraris, porsches and cops getting a wash there you figure they probably do a decent job :D

Old 03-22-2006, 11:31 AM
bolus
4th Gear
Still waiting with no new news. To bide the time, I've come up with a list of what I need to bring with me when I pick up the car:
  • Digital camera, memory card to store 1000 pictures
  • Backup digital camera in case the first one breaks or something
  • Tripod for the glamour shots of me and the car
  • iPod
  • Pre-set playlists for ipod. First playlist for the first hour of driving to include the high energy stuff. One of the playlists will be extra high energy music for the end of the break in period. Hopefully I got it set up correctly.
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93879
  • laptop with wireless access sniffer so I can post pics from the car
  • Second GPS with preset waypoints for places to get good pictures
  • Sack lunch, may be sack dinner too with cooler and drinks.
  • overnight bag in case I end up in another state
  • Sun tan lotion for left arm.
  • Sunglasses
  • Pepper spray to hold off the hordes of girls that will most likely want to get in the car (They cant have it!!!)
  • Cell phone to brag (thanks dashiel)
What am I missing??

Old 03-22-2006, 11:48 AM
dashiel
2nd Gear
cell phone to call all your friends & family to brag

Old 03-22-2006, 11:57 AM
dashiel
2nd Gear
here's a couple more shots

the cup holder is already gone as is the warning sticker

unfortunately just got a call from my fabber people and the cost for my custom armrest insert is... prohibitive to say the least.

Old 03-22-2006, 01:59 PM
bolus
4th Gear
here's a couple more shots

the cup holder is already gone as is the warning sticker

unfortunately just got a call from my fabber people and the cost for my custom armrest insert is... prohibitive to say the least.
Looks like you got the navigation system too. How do you like it? you probably haven't got to use it much but do you think it is worth the extra cost?

Old 03-22-2006, 02:35 PM
pjschaffer
5th Gear
...the cup holder is already gone as is the warning sticker...
Cool pics. Too bad about the armrest / ipod holder.

My warning sticker was gone before we drove away from the dealers lot. Just had to clean the glue up with some goo-be-gone when I got home.

Emma just got her first post-sale wash today (took a comp day today since I got called in until about midnight last night...grrr ). My dealer provides free hand car washes for the life of the vehicle so I took them up on it today. Took about 45 minutes and they have a Diedrich's Coffee shop in their lounge. I think I'm going to like this.

Any trick to removing the cup holder? It looks like you just remove the two screws on the side of the down tube and pry it off.

Phil

Quick Reply: Production Wk 6 - Support Group