1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Wk 6 - Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 03:37 PM
dashiel
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bolus
Looks like you got the navigation system too. How do you like it? you probably haven't got to use it much but do you think it is worth the extra cost?
it definitely has its idiosyncrasies, it's far from intuitive, but it does the job very well once you get used to the interface. i'm not there yet, but i force myself to use it even when i know where i'm going just to get the hang of it. more than anything it's great for my girlfriend; she's new to the area and gets lost pretty easily. i've already programmed in our home address and a few other places she knows and shown her how to at least access that so she can get home.

overall i'm glad i got it. it's going to be rare that i use it, but for those times when i do it'll be a lifesaver.

Old 03-22-2006, 03:42 PM
dashiel
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by pjschaffer
Cool pics. Too bad about the armrest / ipod holder.

My warning sticker was gone before we drove away from the dealers lot. Just had to clean the glue up with some goo-be-gone when I got home.

Emma just got her first post-sale wash today (took a comp day today since I got called in until about midnight last night...grrr ). My dealer provides free hand car washes for the life of the vehicle so I took them up on it today. Took about 45 minutes and they have a Diedrich's Coffee shop in their lounge. I think I'm going to like this.

Any trick to removing the cup holder? It looks like you just remove the two screws on the side of the down tube and pry it off.

Phil
nice perk on the car wash thing. i don't think i get that with mine... though judging by the delivery "detail" i'm not missing out on much. i hope crevier is better than irvine.

the cup holder was a piece of cake, a torx screwdriver is all you need (don't ask me the bit size, not a clue i just took my set to the garage and did some trial and error). open the glove box to get access to the top screw and that's about it. my cup holder had two pieces of double sided tape at the top, un-peeled so mine just came off. your dealer might have peeled the tape so it might stick, just give it a tug and some googone. (anyone want a cup holder?). the interior looks so much better now.

as for the armrest, i was doing some research today and think i've found an alternative. i don't think it's going to be quite as nice as machined foam, but then it's going to cost me $30 not the $150-$700 i was quoted.

Old 03-22-2006, 03:44 PM
bolus
4th Gear
Originally Posted by dashiel
it definitely has its idiosyncrasies, it's far from intuitive, but it does the job very well once you get used to the interface. i'm not there yet, but i force myself to use it even when i know where i'm going just to get the hang of it. more than anything it's great for my girlfriend; she's new to the area and gets lost pretty easily. i've already programmed in our home address and a few other places she knows and shown her how to at least access that so she can get home.

overall i'm glad i got it. it's going to be rare that i use it, but for those times when i do it'll be a lifesaver.
Thanks for the info. I ordered it too planning on doing some road trips this summer since this will be the first time I dont have a crappy broken down car since, like, ever.

Old 03-22-2006, 07:18 PM
bolus
4th Gear
WOOOP! ask mini says "vehicle in transit" instead of "at port"

yesssss, my preciousssss is coming clossssser, I will have itsssssss

(I wonder what my combined phone calls to ASK-MINI have cost them)

second update: now delivery date says 3/24. that better be the day it gets to the dealer!

Old 03-24-2006, 08:13 AM
pjschaffer
5th Gear
It's been awfully quiet on the Week 6 thread. Bolus, any updates from your MA? We are all waiting to see pics of your Mini when she finally arrives.

Old 03-24-2006, 08:57 AM
pjschaffer
5th Gear
...a torx screwdriver is all you need (don't ask me the bit size, not a clue i just took my set to the garage and did some trial and error)...
---Off Topic---
So why did we need a new kind of screw anyway? I know torx screws have been around for a while now (although I don't believe as long as standard, phillips or hex) but I don't see that they are any better than a hex head screw. Just makes you wonder.

---Back to topic---

Old 03-24-2006, 09:57 AM
bolus
4th Gear
It's been awfully quiet on the Week 6 thread. Bolus, any updates from your MA? We are all waiting to see pics of your Mini when she finally arrives.
no new info from me. mini ol say 3/24 for expected delivery. I imagine that translates to another week of waiting. I'm definitely going to win the longest wait award

Old 03-25-2006, 09:47 PM
bolus
4th Gear
Bump, since we fell off the first page.

mini OL now says at dealer. Weird since it changed after 9:00pm tonight (I've been checking about once an hour today) no call from MA though. And they are closed tomorrow.

I actually think I might get to drive this car soon

How are you guys enjoying your cars?

Old 03-26-2006, 10:08 AM
dashiel
2nd Gear
cool bolus! the last little bit is the worst part of the wait.

keyop got his first wash & wax yesterday. great car wash all hand done and like i mentioned before it's just a veritable lineup of exotic cars so i trust them. (yesterday was fairly tame, a mini convertible, a bentley and a 911 then a bunch of your everyday cars)

i swear though we decided to go down to 1 car for environmental reasons (yeah i know it's only an infinitesimally small contribution), but i've driven more in the past week than i have in the past 3 months. keyop is just way too much fun, and of course i'm noticing all these slow drivers on the road now.

we're off for another ride today. yikes.

oh and pj,

apparently the torx screw was developed to prevent over tightening so it's great for factories.

Old 03-26-2006, 12:33 PM
jibeho
5th Gear
Week 6 Mileage check!!

The Ft. Fauderdale trip took us well over the break-in. We are sitting at 1490 today

Old 03-27-2006, 11:24 AM
bolus
4th Gear
From my MA this morning:

> Eric,
> your car has arrived to the dealership, but has not been schedule to get through our service department yet. I plan to talk to them today or tomorrow to see when they will have time to get to the cars that arrived in your shipment. I will let you know as soon as I have an answer from them.
>
> Cheers,
> Josh

I am in the process of offering a bribe...

Old 03-27-2006, 11:34 AM
pjschaffer
5th Gear
From my MA this morning:

> Eric,
> your car has arrived to the dealership, but has not been schedule to get through our service department yet. I plan to talk to them today or tomorrow to see when they will have time to get to the cars that arrived in your shipment. I will let you know as soon as I have an answer from them.
>
> Cheers,
> Josh

I am in the process of offering a bribe...
Offer him all fives on the survey all dealers eventually send out after a purchase. Take it down a number for each day he makes you wait.

Seroiusly, unless you are one of many waiting for their Mini, you would think a "Sold" vehicle would rate the highest priority.

Good luck!

Old 03-27-2006, 11:59 AM
bolus
4th Gear
Offer him all fives on the survey all dealers eventually send out after a purchase. Take it down a number for each day he makes you wait.

Seroiusly, unless you are one of many waiting for their Mini, you would think a "Sold" vehicle would rate the highest priority.

Good luck!
A ton of cars came in apparently so it may be a while. sooooo close! He is going to put in a word for me to get it done quicker. Most likely he is sick of getting emails from me

Old 03-27-2006, 01:17 PM
patgoeglein
2nd Gear

Good luck!
I would offer him a hot woman.... and all 5's on the rating.

BTW,
Love Emma, almost a match to my Betty.

Old 03-27-2006, 01:37 PM
bolus
4th Gear
Originally Posted by patgoeglein

BTW,
See that's the problem, I need the car to *get* the hot women. I cant get any hot women without the car! I'm in a tough spot here!!

Old 03-27-2006, 07:22 PM
pjschaffer
5th Gear
...BTW, Love Emma, almost a match to my Betty.
Thanks Pat, it's good to find others who share such great taste.

I debated hard on the stripes but in the end, decided against it. Have you posted any photos of Betty yet? I looked but didn't see any. I'd like to see how the M7 scoop and grill look on Betty.

PS, I assume you were the guest who left a comment on my photo site as well?

Old 03-29-2006, 09:03 AM
dashiel
2nd Gear
we took keyop over the ortega on sunday and what a fun ride, well it would have been if it weren't for the myriad of slow drivers :(

i'm not talking doing the speed limit slow, i'm talking "ohmygodohmygodohmygod this road has curves in it and it's up really high and i don't know the dimensions or performance of my car" slow.

followed by the "i go really fast in the straights because i think i know how to drive then slow way down in the curves because i really don't"

and my favorite "i'm going to tailgate this really slow guy until they pull off in to a turn out to let me by, but i'm going to ignore the line of traffic behind me 'cause i can do 70 in the straights"

little keyop was not pleased. braking in to turns that didn't even remotely need breaking. but those times when there was no one ahead :D :D :D :D :D

Old 03-29-2006, 09:23 AM
cube17576
Coordinator :: STLMini

Good luck!
My car came in at about 9 a.m. They put my Chrome grill on and prep'd it and I picked it up at 3 the same day.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:29 AM
bolus
4th Gear
Originally Posted by cube17576
My car came in at about 9 a.m. They put my Chrome grill on and prep'd it and I picked it up at 3 the same day.
I think I am permanently stuck in "slowest delivery ever" hell. Car has been at the dealer since last saturday and I still dont even have a date that I can expect to pick it up. I'm getting tired of asking too. You think they would want this huge check that is burning a hole in my pocket :(

Old 03-29-2006, 09:43 AM
pjschaffer
5th Gear
I think I am permanently stuck in "slowest delivery ever" hell. Car has been at the dealer since last saturday and I still dont even have a date that I can expect to pick it up. I'm getting tired of asking too. You think they would want this huge check that is burning a hole in my pocket :(
That makes no sense. I know it's always a touchy matter to go over your MA's head to the Sales Manager, but unless there is some problem or you have a lot of dealer installed options, you should have your car by now. But not even a delivery date....? I would be thinking about caling the Sales Manager to see if he can get to the bottom of things or at least a good estimate of deivery. Good Luck

Old 03-29-2006, 09:53 AM
pjschaffer
5th Gear
we took keyop over the ortega on sunday and what a fun ride, well it would have been if it weren't for the myriad of slow drivers...
I haven't been over Ortega Highway in many years due to just that reason. Now that I have Emma, I might just get the sniffles some day soon so I can try it on a weekday when traffic shouldn't be as bad. I know how you feel though, It just amazes me how people don't think that turn outs apply to them. I pull a travel trailer with my Yukon, and even though I can usually keep up to the speed limit, I still keep an eye out for people who want to get around if I'm on a road with no passing. Even if its just one car, it's easy just to roll into and then out of the turnout without stopping while the person behind you gets around.

I just don't understand how we Americans have come to be such rude drivers. Everybody wold be a whole lot less stressed on the road if we just observed some common courtesy. Might even prevent an accident or two.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:04 AM
bolus
4th Gear
That makes no sense. I know it's always a touchy matter to go over your MA's head to the Sales Manager, but unless there is some problem or you have a lot of dealer installed options, you should have your car by now. But not even a delivery date....? I would be thinking about caling the Sales Manager to see if he can get to the bottom of things or at least a good estimate of deivery. Good Luck
That's what I was planning to do if I dont get any new information today. I was warned that there were a whole bunch of cars coming in and I do need a couple of things installed (alarm and ipod connector). But it would be nice to get at least a rough estimate like 3 days, a week, a month, whatever... Just some sort of timeframe. gah!

Old 03-29-2006, 10:36 AM
jibeho
5th Gear
By all means go over his head. Heck I could call him NOW.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:40 AM
jibeho
5th Gear

BTW,
I gave out MA and dealership all 5s for a few reasons.

1. The time from order to delivery was like 45 days!
2. The deal, I would imaging the deal we got was VERY RARE
3. The delivery was a great time.
4. The MA was very nice.

The only thing I did not like was the hard sell of the tire warranty, which took about 10 min to get it through the finance mans head we did not want it.

Old 03-29-2006, 11:11 AM
bolus
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jibeho
By all means go over his head. Heck I could call him NOW.

Just got the email that its done and ready to go!. I'll have to pick it up saturday.

Holy cow this has been the longest, hardest, most stressful but happy ordeal I think I have ever gone through. I have no idea what I'll do since I wont have to check on status updates 20 times a day anymore. I guess I'll replace that time with driving

Thanks for everyone sticking it out with me!

Quick Reply: Production Wk 6 - Support Group