1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Wk 6 - Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 10:32 AM
jibeho
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FREEDOM is underway! next stop NYC!!

Old 02-13-2006, 10:35 AM
cube17576
Coordinator :: STLMini
My MA says my Mini shipped, but does not know what boat. Yet it is supposed to arrive in SC on 2/23

Old 02-13-2006, 11:09 AM
bolus
4th Gear
Any of you who were lucky enough to get on the Carmen it is showing up on the sailwx site now

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=S6IW

Old 02-13-2006, 11:27 AM
muggy
4th Gear
I guess I have went from a week 7 to a week 6...

I was originally a week 7, production originally scheduled to start today, the 13th.

Calling in, ask mini said my car would be finished the 15th.

I called in yesterday, it says my car is at the port!
Last night, it said I was on the Tancred, to be shipped out the 14th.

Today, it says I'm on the Freedom, and already shipped out!
I have to wait for the car to ship from NY to California though, so I still have a couple more weeks after it gets to Mini of the Hamptons.

Old 02-13-2006, 11:45 AM
jibeho
5th Gear
Originally Posted by muggy
I was originally a week 7, production originally scheduled to start today, the 13th.

Calling in, ask mini said my car would be finished the 15th.

I called in yesterday, it says my car is at the port!
Last night, it said I was on the Tancred, to be shipped out the 14th.

Today, it says I'm on the Freedom, and already shipped out!
I have to wait for the car to ship from NY to California though, so I still have a couple more weeks after it gets to Mini of the Hamptons.
Now that is a nice surprise!

Old 02-13-2006, 11:56 AM
muggy
4th Gear
I know! And this is all after ordering at the very end of January!

Old 02-14-2006, 12:53 PM
bolus
4th Gear
Any West Coast people who missed the Carmen have any updated information? My VIN is still not showing up on the WW site after it disappeared when the Carmen set sail. It never changed to "loaded on vessel" before the Carmen left so I assume I am still sitting on the docks.

I'm wondering if I'll be able to catch the Falstaff that is scheduled to arrive on Friday.

I think having a tracking system with very little information is worse than no tracking at all :(

Old 02-14-2006, 01:21 PM
jibeho
5th Gear
Originally Posted by bolus
Any West Coast people who missed the Carmen have any updated information? My VIN is still not showing up on the WW site after it disappeared when the Carmen set sail. It never changed to "loaded on vessel" before the Carmen left so I assume I am still sitting on the docks.

I'm wondering if I'll be able to catch the Falstaff that is scheduled to arrive on Friday.

I think having a tracking system with very little information is worse than no tracking at all :(
Bet you 20 beer credits your on the Carmen. What does 866 ask mini say?

Old 02-14-2006, 01:30 PM
patgoeglein
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jibeho
My VIN is gone from the WW site and there are only 21 cars listed under my booking number. I guess I got on the Freedom!!
Is your Vin # one of the ones listed on the freedom? Under the booking #?

Old 02-14-2006, 01:34 PM
bolus
4th Gear
Originally Posted by jibeho
Bet you 20 beer credits your on the Carmen. What does 866 ask mini say?
Still says waiting for transport *cries*

I shouldn't compain too much since the original estimate for delivery from my Portland MA was 8/06 when I ordered in 9/05. I just want to fly over there and figure out how to fit my mini into a suitcase

Old 02-14-2006, 02:57 PM
jibeho
5th Gear
Originally Posted by patgoeglein
Is your Vin # one of the ones listed on the freedom? Under the booking #?
I made the boat 866 ask mini now says in transport. But the WW site never said loaded.

The Freedom has not shown up on the weather shipping site yet.

Old 02-15-2006, 06:28 AM
pjschaffer
5th Gear
VIN # Stuck in my head

I must be sick. Who else has typed their VIN into the WW site so many times that you have now memorized it? I for one have never taken the time to memorize a VIN before, let alone memorize a VIN for a car I don't even own yet!!

Yet with all that checking, I still don't know what happened to my Mini after it apparently missed the Carmen on Sunday. The Falstaff is two days out but there is no indication that it has been re-booked on the Falstaff. Has anyone else who missed the Carmen figured out if their Mini is scheduled on the Falstaff or any other ship?

Phil

Old 02-15-2006, 07:39 AM
patgoeglein
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by pjschaffer
I must be sick. Who else has typed their VIN into the WW site so many times that you have now memorized it? I for one have never taken the time to memorize a VIN before, let alone memorize a VIN for a car I don't even own yet!!

Yet with all that checking, I still don't know what happened to my Mini after it apparently missed the Carmen on Sunday. The Falstaff is two days out but there is no indication that it has been re-booked on the Falstaff. Has anyone else who missed the Carmen figured out if their Mini is scheduled on the Falstaff or any other ship?

Phil
This is making me just a little insane also. Betty was finished being built on February 2nd as per my MA. Then it didn't show up anywhere on any sites after Feb. 5th. Yesterday my MA said it was in SCarolina ... then ASK MINI said it was in Englend at the docs....... Now I am just a little insane and yes I do know my Vin # I have to stop looking it is making me :impatient just gotta stop.... is there a 12 step program for us after we get our little bit of FUN FUN FUN

Old 02-15-2006, 10:12 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
This is making me just a little insane also. Betty was finished being built on February 2nd as per my MA.
Stop sweating it and listen to your MA - they have the latest information after the car ships. ASK-MINI appears to stop tracking once your car gets on a boat. My MINI has been released to transport on this side of the Atlantic (at VDC and waiting for a car carrier) and ASK-MINI still reports the car sitting at the Southampton dock. Relax

Old 02-15-2006, 09:45 PM
patgoeglein
2nd Gear
It looks like I missed the Carmen as well. Last I checked, only about 40 or so of the Minis with Booking Number SESTO40293 made it on the Carmen. The WW Auto Tracking no longer lists anything for my VIN. Not even "Received At Terminal"

The next Wallenius ship to the West Coast is the Falstaff which is currently in Gothenburg, Sweden and scheduled for Southampton on 18Feb06. Don't now if there are any other ships from other lines.

Has anyone else from previous build weeks seen their VIN disappear from the WW website? Does it show up again later re-booked on another ship? Or does this mean it was booked on another line?

Phil
Pj,
I jsut found out that mine is on some Pal..... something and sailed yesterday. You know ours are very similar... and both ending up in Ca... maybe they are keeping the best looking ones for last.. all the BRG/convert

Old 02-17-2006, 08:30 AM
TSR53
5th Gear
As of the 17th, the FREEDOM hasn't shown up on either of the two ocean tracking sites. However, it has been pushed back two more days (from the 21 > now to 23) to arrive in NY due to the storm in the Atlantic according to WW. In my quest to actually find the ship, I did locate the owners/operators site which does have an email listed >>
http://www.arrcnet.com/services.htm
http://www.arrcnet.com/fleet_freedom.htm

Old 02-17-2006, 09:54 AM
bolus
4th Gear
So am I the only one still waiting on the docks? My MA said I am still waiting for a boat to the West coast as of today. I am hoping to get the Falstaff tomorrow but my VIN is still not showing up on the WW site. Anyone by chance have a booking number for the Falstaff so I can try and look up my VIN? Beter yet, does anyone have a large cargo vessel that I can borrow for the weekend?

Old 02-17-2006, 10:09 AM
jibeho
5th Gear
That sucks, I could have left 2 days later on the Don Juan and been in Charleston a day earlier. :-(

Old 02-18-2006, 11:11 AM
pjschaffer
5th Gear
Originally Posted by bolus
So am I the only one still waiting on the docks? My MA said I am still waiting for a boat to the West coast as of today. I am hoping to get the Falstaff tomorrow but my VIN is still not showing up on the WW site. Anyone by chance have a booking number for the Falstaff so I can try and look up my VIN? Beter yet, does anyone have a large cargo vessel that I can borrow for the weekend?
I emailed my MA to see if he could find out what ship my Mini wil sail on. I haven't heard back yet, but ASK MINI today indicates that my car is in transit now. It doesn't show up in the WW tracking site when I search with the VIN so I don't know if it made the Falstaff or some other ship. Any one else with a west coast delivery now in transit? Anyone know what ship?

Phil

Old 02-18-2006, 12:08 PM
jibeho
5th Gear
I emailed my MA to see if he could find out what ship my Mini wil sail on. I haven't heard back yet, but ASK MINI today indicates that my car is in transit now. It doesn't show up in the WW tracking site when I search with the VIN so I don't know if it made the Falstaff or some other ship. Any one else with a west coast delivery now in transit? Anyone know what ship?

Phil
Think the CARMEN is heading out your way!

Old 02-18-2006, 12:08 PM
bolus
4th Gear

Phil
Yay!! ASK MINI says mine is now in transit too. Phil, we must be on the same ship. The Falstaff left a few hours ago so I am going to consider this my ship even though the VIN never showed up either. If you hear anything from your MA let me know.

At least I can stop hitting up the WW site with my VIN every 10 minutes

whoohooo!!!

Old 02-20-2006, 06:08 AM
pjschaffer
5th Gear
I emailed my MA to see if he could find out what ship my Mini will sail on. I haven't heard back yet, but ASK MINI today indicates that my car is in transit now. It doesn't show up in the WW tracking site when I search with the VIN so I don't know if it made the Falstaff or some other ship. Any one else with a west coast delivery now in transit? Anyone know what ship?

Phil
My MA got back to me with the following info. My Mini left port on 17Feb aboard the Phoenix Leader, and NYK ship. I could not find a schedule for the Phoenix Leader on the NYK website, so I e-mailed NYK to see if they would e-mail the schedule back. I'll share if they do.

Phil

Old 02-20-2006, 09:44 AM
bolus
4th Gear
My MA got back to me with the following info. My Mini left port on 17Feb aboard the Phoenix Leader, and NYK ship. I could not find a schedule for the Phoenix Leader on the NYK website, so I e-mailed NYK to see if they would e-mail the schedule back. I'll share if they do.

Phil
That's cool. At least you left a day earlier than the Falstaff. But the only information I managed to find was the callsign which is H9NY. But it does not show up on the usual tracking sites like sailwx. I wonder if it goes to the same ports as the Falstaff?

At least we can say that it should be less than a month until our mini's show up!

Old 02-20-2006, 10:49 AM
ermini1
Neutral
Where is the Don Pasquale??

Old 02-20-2006, 12:00 PM
bolus
4th Gear
Originally Posted by ermini1
Where is the Don Pasquale??
Almost to the coast