1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Wk 6 - Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 09:27 AM
SCIFF
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Production Wk 6 - Support Group

Greetings,

Didn't see a Week 6 group, so thought I'd start one. Ordered my MC 06 on Nov 30 and found out recently that I am Prod Wk 6 scheduled to start on Feb 6. I think this is a bit of a delay in going to production, but it is what it is. I am told that my MINI (unnamed) should reach the dealership (Mini of Sterling, VA) @ end of Feb, beginning of March.

Ordered a MC 06 AR w/ Silver roof and a few upgrades.

So, until then I'll save some bucks on car payments and should have an early spring present. What's ya'lls story?

Old 01-24-2006, 09:34 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
Congratulations - might your color actually be SR instead of AR? If yes, I've seen pics of that combination and it is really sharp looking.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:58 AM
cube17576
Coordinator :: STLMini
I am also slated for Week 6. I ordered my MCS on 1/13/06.

Hyper Blue / Black Roof / Black bonnet stripes
Blue leather
Hyper Blue interior
Premium
Cold Weather
Convienence
DSC
LSD
Xenon headlamps
Fog lamps front and rear
Anthricite headliner
Ipod adapter
H/K stereo

Old 01-25-2006, 01:11 PM
SCIFF
1st Gear
Congratulations - might your color actually be SR instead of AR? If yes, I've seen pics of that combination and it is really sharp looking

You are correct, the color is SR. Don't know where I got Astral Red from. Haven't seen pix outside the MINI website when ordering, so glad to hear that it might look good "live".

Really interested in how the Ipod adapter will work with the H/K system and the controls on the steering wheel. Anything beats the retrofit plug in system via the headunit I am currently using.

Old 01-28-2006, 03:15 PM
cube17576
My Mini is supposed to be completed Feb 8. Woohoo!

Old 01-30-2006, 11:04 AM
SCIFF
1st Gear
Vin #

Congrats Cube on your 2/8 completion date. I haven't received an est. completion date, but got a VIN #. Seems like a reality now. I hear (through the forum) that production takes 12 days..puts me out on 2/18.

Ahh the fun of it all!!!

Old 02-04-2006, 08:57 PM
TSR53
5th Gear
I called my MA on Fri 2/3/06 to check on the status of my Chili Red Mini Cooper S here is what I was told.

150 - Started Production 1/26/06 5:14:07 AM
151 - Entry to Body shop serial # issued 2/2/06
152 - Entry to Paint shop 2/2/06
153 - Nothing listed, I’m assuming that on Friday 2/3/06 it entered Assembly

Does this look like I'll make production week 6 by the 10th?

Old 02-04-2006, 09:09 PM
patgoeglein
2nd Gear
I ordered Betty on Dec 30, was finished on Jan 30 as per my MA. Haven't heard a word about her since this last monday. Hoping she is at the docks or onboard a ship right now. Anyone know how to find out where Betty is? My MA said once we have her onboard he can give me a firm date for delivery. Remember.... FUN FUN FUN

Old 02-05-2006, 01:38 PM
jibeho
5th Gear
It is looking like I belong in this week.
Production started 1-28
Paint Shop 2-3
Est completion date 2-7

Old 02-05-2006, 02:32 PM
dwfrank
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by patgoeglein
I ordered Betty on Dec 30, was finished on Jan 30 as per my MA. Haven't heard a word about her since this last monday. Hoping she is at the docks or onboard a ship right now. Anyone know how to find out where Betty is?
You are production week 4, not 6. You may be on the DON PASQUALE, which is sailing today for Port Hueneme, with a stop in Brunswick, GA, first. Go scan the Production Week 4 thread for tracking info and the craziness we've gone through to find our where our cars are.

--dwf

Old 02-07-2006, 05:36 AM
jibeho
5th Gear
Released to carrier !!

Timeline so far..
  • Ordered MINI (Jan 20)
  • Received Order number (Jan 20)
  • Human at Ask Mini says car is scheduled for production (Jan 27)
  • Automated Ask Mini says car is in production (Jan 28)
  • Human ant ask Mini says car has not started production but will on Feb 3 (Feb 2)
  • Automated Ask Mini says car is in the paint shop (Feb 2)
  • Automated Ask Mini says released to carrier (Feb 7)
Guess it is time to start looking for a boat ride

Old 02-07-2006, 05:41 AM
cube17576
Congrats. I am supposed to be done tomorrow. Hopefully I can catch up with you so Cube will have a buddy for the boat ride.

Old 02-07-2006, 06:15 AM
jibeho
5th Gear
Originally Posted by cube17576
Congrats. I am supposed to be done tomorrow. Hopefully I can catch up with you so Cube will have a buddy for the boat ride.
I see 2 boats we may catch, I'm in FL so I assume mine will go to SC

SOUTHAMPTON 12/02/2006 CHARLESTON,SC 25/02/2006 FREEDOM

SOUTHAMPTON 16/02/2006 CHARLESTON,SC 28/02/2006 DON JUAN

Old 02-07-2006, 06:23 AM
jibeho
5th Gear
Booked on the Fredom and RECEIVED AT TERMINAL!!

Timeline so far..
  • Ordered MINI (Jan 20)
  • Received Order number (Jan 20)
  • Human at Ask Mini says car is scheduled for production (Jan 27)
  • Automated Ask Mini says car is in production (Jan 28)
  • Human ant ask Mini says car has not started production but will on Feb 3 (Feb 2)
  • Automated Ask Mini says car is in the paint shop (Feb 2)
  • Automated Ask Mini says released to carrier (Feb 7)
  • WW site states my MINI is booked on the Fredom and received at terminal (Feb7)
So more waiting now

Old 02-07-2006, 06:32 AM
pjschaffer
5th Gear
Production Complete - Awaiting Delivery to Carrier

Hi All,

Just found out that my first Mini is now complete and awaiting delivery to carrier. Can't wait to get behind the wheel. Unfortunatley, I still have a long wait as it has to make the trip to through the canal to California.

My daughters too (4 and 2 yrs) are excited about the new car. We've shown them what they look like and now they try to spot one whenever we're out. They're also excited about top down motoring which they couldn't do in my current convertible, a 97 Miata, due to the lack of a rear seat and front air bags.

Even the wife decided it was time to learn how to drive a standard transmission after all these years so that she might get a chance to drive the new Mini. I'm teaching her on the Miata though.

Here is the time table:
  • 13Jan06 - Wife ordered Mini as a surprise (God I love that woman)based on wish list specs I put together at the MiniUSA site.
  • 16Jan05 - Figured out the suprise after seeing an e-mail from the MA that she didn't erase first (oops).
  • 27Jan06 - Scheduled for Production and VIN# available.
  • ~1Feb06 - Estimated completion date give as 8Feb06
  • 4Feb06 - In the Body Shop
  • 7Feb - Production Complete, Awaiting delivery to carrier
Here are the specs:
06 British Racing Green Metallic MCSC, black top, no bonnet stripes, body color mirrors, Sport, Convenience, Premium and Cold Weather Packages, Rear Fog, 6-Speed Gertrag, Panther BLack Leather, Cockpit Chrono.

At home on the workbench ready to install - XM Direct with Blitzsafe adapter, Aux Audio Input, MCAW Auto Wndow Up Module.

This will be my daily driver (~70 miles roundtrip) replacing the '97 Miatia.

I've been looking around NAM for about a week or so now and am amazed at the enthusiasm of othe Mini Owners.

Happy Motoring,

Phil

Old 02-07-2006, 06:38 AM
jibeho
5th Gear
Phil

Go to the WW site and enter your VIN You nay be there already.
http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTrac...trackType=Auto

There is a boat leaving on the 11th going to CA you should be good to go!!

Old 02-07-2006, 08:02 AM
TSR53
5th Gear
Thanks for the WW link. Looks like I'm booked on the "JINGU MARU", voyage, "EA605-JGM" headed to New York, NY. Is there another place to track the actual ship itself, and how long does a voyage usually take, curious? Happy sailing!

Old 02-07-2006, 08:29 AM
rhawth99
6th Gear
Thompson:
Go back to your tracking information and click on the voyage (EA605-JGM) - this will display the details for the entire voyage. If your ship goes directly to NYC from Southampton, the voyage is usually 8 days. If it first stops in Halifax, 9 days. Also, try http://www.sailwx.info/ when your ship has left harbor (won't show for probably 24 hours or so).

Old 02-07-2006, 08:57 AM
pjschaffer
5th Gear
Originally Posted by jibeho
Phil

Go to the WW site and enter your VIN You nay be there already.
http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTrac...trackType=Auto

There is a boat leaving on the 11th going to CA you should be good to go!!
I have and will continue to check, however, I believe that Mini uses either NYK or K-Line when shipping vehicles to the west coast. Neither of these two lines have a public tracking system as WW does. I hope that I'm wrong, but I haven't seen any posts recently of folks that have been able to track west coast deliveries through the WW site.

Old 02-07-2006, 09:36 AM
hong
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by pjschaffer
I have and will continue to check, however, I believe that Mini uses either NYK or K-Line when shipping vehicles to the west coast. Neither of these two lines have a public tracking system as WW does. I hope that I'm wrong, but I haven't seen any posts recently of folks that have been able to track west coast deliveries through the WW site.
You may check the week5 thread, mine boarded WW's Don Pasquale which is fully trackable (1/3 way through Atlantic ocean now), the next similiar vessel is Carmen.

Old 02-07-2006, 09:49 AM
pjschaffer
5th Gear
Originally Posted by hong
You may check the week5 thread, mine boarded WW's Don Pasquale which is fully trackable (1/3 way through Atlantic ocean now), the next similiar vessel is Carmen.
Very good news. Thanks for the info.

Old 02-07-2006, 10:06 AM
Herby74
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is alot more offered since I got my '02 MCS. I'm really looking forward to the upgrades I'll have on the '06.....a better build.....170 bhp.....lsd.... heated mirrors & washer jets.....rain sensor auto headlights.....interior lighting.....rear fog lamps.....aftermarket stripes.....HK sound.....clear bra. I will be adding.....JCW intake.....17% supercharger pulley.....22mm rear sway bar.....BF Goodrich Traction T/A all-season (205/50/16) non run-flats..... short shifter.....slotted rotors w/green pads. Then there's little stuff like the Tidy glove box organizer.....Mini Pirate visor decals.....and the Da Mini tee-shirt. I was able to salvage a silver M7 lower front grill.....front mud flaps.....rubber floor and boot mats from the wreck. This is so cool it's hard to believe.

I'm semi-retired and I get to drive around just about as much as I want to.

Old 02-07-2006, 10:11 AM
curv872
4th Gear
WooHoo my MCS Checkmate is on the Don Pasquale too! Can't wait!

Old 02-07-2006, 10:22 AM
TSR53
5th Gear
Originally Posted by rhawth99
Thompson:
Go back to your tracking information and click on the voyage (EA605-JGM) - this will display the details for the entire voyage. If your ship goes directly to NYC from Southampton, the voyage is usually 8 days. If it first stops in Halifax, 9 days. Also, try http://www.sailwx.info/ when your ship has left harbor (won't show for probably 24 hours or so).
Yup, did this and didn't "see" the hot link on the voyage numbe, got the details - thanks! "Jingu Maru" is scheduled to leave the port of Southhampton, UK 07/02/2006 and sail to Halifax, NS, then NY. I'll be right after that Jingu Maru (call letters "JPPT") on sailwx, and might even track it via http://maps.google.com/ too, you bet!

This live data is absolutely crazy. I don't know if I can sleep at night. I'm going to feel like the evening before and autocross or track event every night for the next two weeks - oHmYgeawd!!

Old 02-07-2006, 10:54 AM
SCIFF
1st Gear
Reality in the making

Wow!! Haven't checked site since last Thur and much has changed. Cool to see more people on the thread and see the progress on the orders. New info on mines..seems that we are ahead of schedule as it was to start production on 2/6, but has been completed and is loaded on the Integrity.

Made a promise to myself to only check the progress once a week ( to keep from too much obsession...have only thought about the car daily since I ordered it) and have been very pleasantly surpised. Integrity is due into Baltimore on 2/15 where I assume DC cars will be off-loaded?

Anybody else on the Integrity?

Quick Reply: Production Wk 6 - Support Group