1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hellooo!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 10:02 AM
4me2drv
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hellooo!!

I'm new and this is my first post.
I haven't ordered my MCS yet, that is why I'm posting.
I want to get some ideas on what is a MUST when ordering a Cooper S.
Please let me know what the "do's and don'ts" are when I go to order mine.
Thanks.

Old 02-03-2006, 09:55 AM
Red Erik
2nd Gear
Quite a bit of the do's and don'ts will be based upon what you can and can't afford. In my case, Red Erik was the first new car I had purchased since 1988, so my approach was to load it as much as possible since I plan on having the Mini for a similar period of time and want to enjoy the perks! I ordered the Premium, Sport and Cold Weather packages, and changed out the wheels to Anthracite (thinking that the darker grey would better match the black top and look better in dirty conditions). I can tell you that the Cold Weather Package (with its heated seats) seems to be the one option that raises eyebrows until folks experience warm seats in cold weather (nice!). Choosing the options, for me, was very easy. Choosing the color was a living heck!! Took me forever! The good news is that folks on this forum are kind, knowledgable and happy to share their experience!!! Welcome to NAMS and happy shopping!!

Old 02-03-2006, 10:07 AM
batgirlwildcat
6th Gear
Howdy and welcome to NAM! As Red Eric said, what is a "must" often depends on how large your wallet is! Here are some things recommended to me that I "must" get and I am happy that I did: heated seats, fog lights/filled up toggle switch area, clear bra right from the start. I also love my leatherette seats because they look nice, I don't slide around, and they hold up great.

Old 02-03-2006, 11:05 AM
4me2drv
Neutral
Originally Posted by Red Erik
Quite a bit of the do's and don'ts will be based upon what you can and can't afford. In my case, Red Erik was the first new car I had purchased since 1988, so my approach was to load it as much as possible since I plan on having the Mini for a similar period of time and want to enjoy the perks! I ordered the Premium, Sport and Cold Weather packages, and changed out the wheels to Anthracite (thinking that the darker grey would better match the black top and look better in dirty conditions). I can tell you that the Cold Weather Package (with its heated seats) seems to be the one option that raises eyebrows until folks experience warm seats in cold weather (nice!). Choosing the options, for me, was very easy. Choosing the color was a living heck!! Took me forever! The good news is that folks on this forum are kind, knowledgable and happy to share their experience!!! Welcome to NAMS and happy shopping!!
Well, I'm trying to stay around $23k and want a Cooper S, but my wife and I use to shift our daily-drivers for years and have grown tired of it, so it will HAVE to have Automatic tranny as well.
So besides wanting Auto and a "S", as long as it stays around $23k, I'm open for suggestions and advice.

Old 02-05-2006, 12:48 PM
jman1
2nd Gear
i wish i had gotten one a little more loaded... but theres always next time

Old 02-05-2006, 01:34 PM
jibeho
5th Gear
Originally Posted by 4me2drv
Well, I'm trying to stay around $23k and want a Cooper S, but my wife and I use to shift our daily-drivers for years and have grown tired of it, so it will HAVE to have Automatic tranny as well.
So besides wanting Auto and a "S", as long as it stays around $23k, I'm open for suggestions and advice.
This is what I ordered.
2006 PW/B MCS MS RP $20,600
Garage Door opener $200
Inboard Computer $200
Xenon lights $550
Multifunction wheel $250
Destination $550
That is $22,350 MSRP

I saw also of fluff in the packages. The Auto transmission is steep $1400 MSRP I think. It is my opnion that this car will be more enjoyable with the stick.

Premium
Auto AC, Unnecessary
Sunroof, too freaking hot here to use it
So I got the computer and wheel for $450 saving $950

Cold Weather N/A Live in FL

Convenience package

Auto dimming mirror unnecessary
Rain sensitive wipers, give me a break
I go the opener for $200 saving $200

Sport Package
DSC drive pretty conservatively Unnecessary
Fog Lamps, have 2 foggy days a year here Unnecessary
17 inch tires, cost more to replace

So I go the Xenon saving $850

Some will say my MCS is stripped down but I got what I wanted for about 23k on the road