1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's up everyone??

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 07:30 PM
chad1140
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's up everyone??

Hey everyone here. I just bought my 04 mini cooper s last month and the only thing that keeps it from being the best car in the world are the hard launches I miss on straight aways from the past cars I've had ,1987 Corvette and 2000 Camaro SS. Well I'm making it quicker on the straight aways with everyone here's help. I don't want to void my warranty so I feel I'll skip the pulley swap and do some ultra light weight wheels, alta shifter, full exhaust from header back and install the alta intake I have allready ordered. I figure that ought to clip a few secs of 1/4 mile times. Any other suggestions here as to some work I can do myself without crapping the warranty that would provide some noticeable straight line performance gains?? I know a Mini isn't designed to be a 1/4 mile beast, but neither is a Corvette, I just miss a little more umph. Thanks everyone in advance.

Old 02-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Supa Coopa
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not knowledgeable of the mods yet. Any pics of the Coop?

Old 02-06-2006, 08:50 PM
1nf3rn0
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
As far as pulleys go, dnt worry about your waranty. The JCW puller is a 14.3% reduction. The 15% reduction is so close that there wouldnt be a problem. To put this in perspective, I have 3400 miles on my car right now and im having a pulley installed this weekend. If you still have concerns, have Webb Motorsports install it because it will come with a 2 year 24,000 mile waranty.