1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 9 (March 3, 2006) Production Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 04:54 PM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skidmike

Dealer has promised to swap bullet wheels from a convertible for the S-Lites.

I'm kind of biting my nails on the color, but I think it'll look good. If nobody else posts pics of one, I'll take some and post them as soon as we take delivery.

-- mike
Here are some photos of HB/S. Looks real purty.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...0&ppuser=21851

Just for fun I called the automated system and it says "your vehicle is in production with a completion date of March 5." So if it really is in production that seems like a long time. Maybe that's just worst case or maybe that's a shipping date ????

Old 02-25-2006, 07:12 AM
mcerasa
Neutral
Hello all!

Well, when I ordered my Mini from Downtown Mini, I was told that I had a March 9 production date (week 10), but I called ASK-MINI last night and my car is in production, and scheduled for completion on March 2!!!!!!!! So, I guess I am a week niner now!

Here are my specs:

MC
Chili Red/White Top
Black leatherette
Anthracite Interior
Chrome Interior
Sport Seats
Premium Package
Delta Spoke wheels
Ipod adapter (gen 2)

Looks like I will be getting my Cooper around my birthday, April 3!!!!!

Old 02-25-2006, 07:20 AM
tdm156
Ruling the curves
I just found out yesterday that my MINI is in production with a scheduled completion date of March 3 2006!! My estimated arrival date on the West Coast is still showing April 30 2006 but if it going to be completed next week it will probably be here sooner than that?

I am waiting on my 2006 MC PW/B
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package
Sport Package
Arm Rest
That pretty much covers it on the order but there are other items to follow after it gets here for starters:
IPOD connector
Black bonnet & boot stripes
tinted windows

Old 02-25-2006, 08:33 AM
mnxmini
1st Gear
undersea: thanks for welcoming me back!

tdm156: your MINI will arrive on the west coast well before April 30, but I don't know how long it takes to get from the LA port up to Oregon. My guess would be that you'll get it a little before April 30. Good luck getting through it. We're picking ours up from South Bay down in LA.

skidmike: that color combo sounds awesome. We're getting Space Blue with the Cordoba Beige leather, but I've always thought HyperBlue with the Lapis Blue leather was a sweet package.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:11 PM
undersea
1st Gear
Hi tdm,

you might want to consider the aux plug instead of the ipod connector , because with the ipod connector u loose the ipod interface and can only play pre-arranged playlists or something like that ..

just a thought .. i think both work depending on what you prefer to use to go through your music. I'm planning to mount the ipod and plug into the aux .. you get a few more wires running around that way, but i like being able to use the ipod interface and don't mind saving a few bux along the way

Old 02-26-2006, 07:04 AM
tdm156
Ruling the curves
Thanks for the advice on that. I will certainly consider that when the time comes! I just got an IPOD yesterday so thats one step...and my MINI will be the next!

Old 02-27-2006, 12:21 PM
skidmike
1st Gear
Glennaa, thanks for the link! Glad to see someone else has a car like the one we are getting.

mnx: The thing you have to do with the iPod adapter is create a playlist called "MINI". I have aux adapters in my cars now and they are good, except:

a) They don't provide power to the iPod
b) They are an input-only interface (can't control the device, etc)

They do the job quite well, though.

-- mike

Old 02-27-2006, 12:52 PM
yojedi
1st Gear
Week 9

I am also a 9'er with a scheduled completion date of 3/1. Wow ... the building part is pretty quick. Waiting for it go get to So. Cal. is going to be another story

Here is my spec;

MSC 6Sp Pure Silver w/ Black top
Sport Package
LSD
Chrono Package
"Piano Black" interior
Chrome interior trim
Black/grey leatherette
Center Arm Rest
KH Sound
17" S-Lite w/ Performacne RF

I also just purchased a closed-out OEM Aero Kit in Indi Blue from Classic MINI which I will have it repainted to Pure Silver to match the car. $300 to repaint + DIY install.

Old 02-27-2006, 01:47 PM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
got a VIN

I finally got my VIN from my MA this morning!

Hopefully the waiting now will go by quickly for all of us.

Old 02-27-2006, 02:39 PM
mcerasa
Neutral
Time from Oxford to me?

anyone care to guess what a realistic timeframe is to get the car if it is scheduled for completion on March 2? I am in Orlando, Florida. Appreciate any help in advance!

Old 02-27-2006, 04:36 PM
paul2006mc
1st Gear
Looks like I am a Week 9'er (isn't that this week?) My MA says I just finished production, but said to expect the following to Houston: 3-5 days to get transported to the dock, 3-5 days at the dock, 10-15 days at sea, 3-5 days at dock, 3-5 days at warehouse, 3-5 days to get to retail facility...... That's anywhere from 25 to 40 days more! The 40 days sounds like more than most people are experiencing.

Old 02-28-2006, 06:25 AM
SandiePepper
6th Gear
just called ask MINI they tell me I'm in production scheduled for completion on March 7th that's a week earlier than they told me last week Yea! I can hardley wait

Old 02-28-2006, 06:35 AM
SandiePepper
6th Gear
Called back next gut tells me I headed for the Paint Shop and will be done in a few days and he gave me a VIN yes!!!! Happy Birthday to me Happy Birthday I hope.

Old 02-28-2006, 11:38 AM
scholli
1st Gear
Off to Week 10

Well, it turns out that I must leave this group - I'm in week 10 - I just called and my car is in production with a scheduled completion date of March 8th. Knew week 9 was too good to be true!

Old 03-01-2006, 06:30 AM
scholli
1st Gear
Never mind

I was wrong - I am still in Week 9 - Thanks Sandie! (I liked you guys better anyway )

Old 03-01-2006, 06:48 AM
SandiePepper
6th Gear
Welcome back Scholli,

Old 03-01-2006, 01:09 PM
undersea
1st Gear
just called ASK-MINI. They have no updates except that it went into production on the 23rd and is scheduled to finish on the 5th. No paintshop or whatever known yet.

maybe it fell asleep in the corner :P hehe.

Old 03-01-2006, 04:10 PM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
no updates for me either

How does everybody find out they're in the paintshop, etc? When I call the automated system just says est. completion March 5. When I talk to a real person he tells me the same thing. I tried to ask some questions about what that March 5 really means, but he wasn't very forthcoming other than to say it takes about a week from start to finish. My car was supposedly "in production" as of last Friday the 24th. I am still hoping that maybe the 5th is a shipping date.

I checked the WW site and there seems to be a boat on the 4th and one on the 7th that go to NY. The one on the 7th stops in Halifax first so it takes 9 days to NY instead of 8. I figure with a little luck I will be on that one unless there is another company's ship that I end up on.

This waiting really sucks.

Old 03-01-2006, 04:48 PM
SandiePepper
6th Gear
the guy I talked to at asked MINI told me I was headed for the paint shop, that doesn't mean anything, we all wind up in the paint shop sooner or later, he was just nice and playing into my excitement (IMO) So far all the people I have talke to there are very nice and willing to tell me anything they can.

Old 03-02-2006, 05:53 AM
SandiePepper
6th Gear
just checking in still waiting

Old 03-02-2006, 06:13 AM
tdm156
Ruling the curves
I called on mine yesterday morning and was told I was in the body shop and would be in the paint shop sometime on Thursday...but my scheduled completion date is still Friday March 3rd....so I guess we will have to see what happens today! From what I can tell the process does go pretty quick. Waiting is the long hard part of it all

Old 03-02-2006, 08:17 AM
mcerasa
Neutral
In the paint shop now

I am showing as in the paint shop now with a completion date of today!!!!

Old 03-02-2006, 01:34 PM
mnxmini
1st Gear
Completed Production

The humans at ASK-MINI inform me that the car has completed production, and is now awaiting transport. That's good! But it appears I under-estimated the amount of time shipping from the factory takes, and booked our trip to SoCal to pick the car up too early. That's bad!

Basically, once it finishes production, the car still needs up to a few days to make it onto a boat. Then you have to wait for a boat that is actually going to the port closest to your VPC. After that, it takes a few more days from the VPC to the dealer for final prep-work. I optimistically assumed I would make it onto the boat leaving today, March 2 (the Toledo), which in hindsight was completely unrealistic if the car was not even scheduled to finish production until today. I had been hoping that it would finish earlier since it "began production" almost 2 weeks ago. Who knew it would take 2 weeks to produce a factory-manufactured car?

According to the WW website, the next boat arriving on the west coast (the Figaro) does not leave until March 8, and does not dock until March 31. That's when I had planned on taking delivery of the car, but there is obviously no way the car is going from the port to the dealer in less than a day. So it looks like my MINI will arrive in Cali in 29 days, and then begin making its way to the dealer.

Anyone else been tracking their week 9 production after leaving the factory?

Old 03-02-2006, 02:29 PM
undersea
1st Gear
arggg
so talked to a guy today and he said it's not even in the body shop yet . dunno what they've been doing since last thursday :( so i don't know whether they'll actually make the planned March 5th date but keeping my fingers crossed ..

mnx, can't help you .. i'm soooo behind ! heheh . I did check the boats for the New York port. There is one on the 7th and one on the 10th. They each take 9 days. Hopefully I'll be able to make it one of those !!

anyone else on the east coast here, arriving into the NJ VPC ?

Old 03-02-2006, 02:45 PM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
I guess we all need to take a deep breath. The cars will get here when they get here. I think giving us the opportunity to sort of track production just makes it worse. Especially when the tracking doesn't seem to make any sense. Wouldn't the car start in the body shop, then go to paint, then to final assembly? I know how hard it is, but trying to know everything every step of the way will make me crazy. The guy I talked to said the whole assembly process takes about a week start to finish.

Quick Reply: Week 9 (March 3, 2006) Production Support Group