1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 9 (March 3, 2006) Production Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 02:31 PM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apparently your MA would have the best data. So it might be worth just calling him/her to find out if you're on a boat and which one. Make them earn their "5" on the evaluation. :-)

My guess is that the data on the WW site isn't necessarily updated instantaneously, so maybe you won't show up right away.

Old 03-07-2006, 03:36 PM
mnxmini
1st Gear
Coneslayer, from what I understand, you have to get the actual ship/line in order to track on NYK's website. And you have to get that info. from your dealer.

glennaa, I wish my dealer/MA was that responsive. I've already asked for the boat specifics several times and nothing so far. Been a bit frustrating getting information out of them in general. At some point, I'm gonna have to go over his head and talk directly to the Sales Manager. But I guess I feel silly resorting to that over the boat schedule!

Originally Posted by coneslayer
Does anyone know the NYK schedule? I tried searching for Southampton to Port Hueneme on their website and came up blank. Do they use different ports?

For the record, the automated tracking at ASKMINI says my car is at the port of exit, with no shipping information available. My VIN is unknown at the WW tracking site.

Old 03-07-2006, 03:53 PM
bolus
4th Gear
Originally Posted by coneslayer
Does anyone know the NYK schedule? I tried searching for Southampton to Port Hueneme on their website and came up blank. Do they use different ports?

For the record, the automated tracking at ASKMINI says my car is at the port of exit, with no shipping information available. My VIN is unknown at the WW tracking site.
I am currently on the NYK Phoenix Leader and I was never able to find out any decent schedule information. I even emailed NYK about it and did not received any reply back. It turned out though that the ship went straight to Panama and ended up making pretty good time.

You can get some additional hints to the schedule here:
http://www.dbh.de/index.php?id=151

Use Port Hueneme in the port name in the Export Ship search box with a date starting 2-3 days before the ship leaves Southampton. This is tracking from Bremerhaven port that loads BMW's before going to Southampton. I was able to find the pheonix leader here.

Once your car leaves port your MA should be able to give you the ship information.

Take it from me though, knowing the ship and having no real way to track it for 23 days is just total stress city

Old 03-07-2006, 04:33 PM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
Sorry to hear about you bad MA. Mine has been great...putting up with my emails and giving me the info I ask for. He was off today but I am hoping to hear some news tomorrow.

Now if I could just convince him to come pick me up at home when it's time to collect my car instead of making me take the bus to the airport to pick me up there.

Originally Posted by mnxmini
glennaa, I wish my dealer/MA was that responsive. I've already asked for the boat specifics several times and nothing so far. Been a bit frustrating getting information out of them in general. At some point, I'm gonna have to go over his head and talk directly to the Sales Manager. But I guess I feel silly resorting to that over the boat schedule!

Old 03-08-2006, 07:15 AM
SandiePepper
6th Gear
Just called ask MINI they say I was loaded on to the Ship yesterday, but don't know which one yet. Going to the East Coast, then to California Via Truck and or Train.Whoo Hooo

Old 03-08-2006, 08:11 AM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
If you were on yesterday's boat to the East Coast you are likely on the Boheme.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:51 PM
SandiePepper
6th Gear
Thanks do you know what Line that is with

Old 03-08-2006, 02:34 PM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
I got that info from the WW site

Old 03-08-2006, 02:51 PM
wongjunhong
Neutral
Just found out I'm on board shipping to Port Huenemme due to dock 22 Mar. Anyone else on this ship and or know the name of the ship?
NW

Old 03-08-2006, 04:44 PM
mnxmini
1st Gear
You're on the Toledo. see my March 22 post on page 2 of this thread.

Congrats on heading out to sea!

Originally Posted by wongjunhong
Just found out I'm on board shipping to Port Huenemme due to dock 22 Mar. Anyone else on this ship and or know the name of the ship?
NW

Old 03-08-2006, 05:45 PM
AgBul8
2nd Gear
I'm a little late getting into the support group, but I've been very fortunate on the timing. I ordered on the 22nd, and the car was finished on Monday (that puts me in week 9, right?). Its currently being transported to the dock, even though I haven't waited too long, I still can't wait!

Anywho, I'm getting a DS/W MCS with stripes, LSD, MFSW, Chrome Interior, and HK. More or less a stripper. Its just getting ready to warm up outside, and I'll be ready. I've been plotting out twisty roads and autocross dates across the entire Midwest!

A Chicago delivery should go to a NY port, right?

Jeremy

Old 03-08-2006, 07:26 PM
SandiePepper
6th Gear
Jeremy hello, I think our cars will be traveling together, Mine is going to MINI of the Hamptons, but then on to California. I haven't been able to find the ship yet, maybe tomorrow they will give me more information. I believe it is still going to arrive much earlier than promised. They originally said Mid May, kind of looks like I might get it MId April or sooner.

Old 03-08-2006, 08:12 PM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
If it's on the boat now you will certainly get your car before mid-April. It takes 9 days across the pond, so you ought to be at the port on the 16th. Then 2-5 days at the port and getting trucked to the Hamptons. Depending on dealer installed options I would guess you should have your car by early April at the latest since it probably takes a week or so to cross the country.

Old 03-08-2006, 08:21 PM
SandiePepper
6th Gear
Can't get confirmation that it's on the boat, Ask Mini says it's being loaded, but they don't have any shipping information yet. God this is so hard, I am in love with that car and I have never even laid eyes on it Anyway I will check again tomorrow, also I have been checking all the shipping lines and so far no info for my VIN

Old 03-09-2006, 06:07 AM
SandiePepper
6th Gear
Called ASK MINI again this morning, they now say it's at the port waiting to be assigned to a ship, sure wish you could get the same answer everytime you call.

Old 03-09-2006, 06:56 AM
scholli
1st Gear
Trailing behind but getting there

Well, I called Ask Mini and yesterday my MINI was in the paint shop. Today when I called they told me "Production is complete and it's waiting to be released to the carrier" Yippee!! And I got my VIN number (boy, this is so exciting!!) My question is, do I now use the WW site to track the MINI? Since I live in MA, I'll need a boat that goes to NY/New Jersey...

Old 03-09-2006, 10:07 AM
coneslayer
2nd Gear
ASKMINI still says I'm waiting at the port of exit, with no shipping information yet. Talked to my MA this morning, and that's all he knows at this point, but he said he'll let me know what ship it's on, once he has that info.

Old 03-09-2006, 05:38 PM
SandiePepper
6th Gear
Arggggggggg the waiting is killing me

Old 03-09-2006, 06:39 PM
tdm156
Ruling the curves
I have no shipping info either and My MA's day off was today.....argggg I am with you Sandie! Hopefully by in the morning we will all know if we are on the boat or not!

Old 03-10-2006, 06:36 AM
undersea
1st Gear
I'm on the Boheme !! Just found out now Yey

anyone else also on the boheme ?!

it left southampton on the 7th

Old 03-10-2006, 06:45 AM
SandiePepper
6th Gear
Undersea great news for you I still don't know what ship I'm on hoping to find out today, Mine was completed on the 7th so I might make todays ship.

Old 03-10-2006, 07:38 AM
tdm156
Ruling the curves
I was done on the 3rd so I had best already be on a boat! I wrote my MA this morning so hopefully I will have some answers by lunch time today!

Old 03-10-2006, 09:46 AM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
Woo Hoo!

I just plugged my VIN into the WW tracker (again!) and I am now showing up as booked on the Integrity leaving tomorrow and set to arrive in NJ on the 19th.

Now to start figuring out how to use the satellite tracking system for the boat!

Old 03-10-2006, 09:49 AM
undersea
1st Gear
Hi guys,

glen, i tried the site that was on the MINI Faq but it's really hard to find your boat on it . I then found this link below. It's for the Boheme but I guess you can change the call sign or if you go to the main page put in the info of the Integrity .. ?

if any of you are on the Boheme, you can track it here.

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=SIVY

Old 03-10-2006, 10:33 AM
AgBul8
2nd Gear
Found out I'm on the Integrity, too. But I was disappointed to find that I'm going all the way to Charleston, which adds 5 days to the voyage. That surprises me, since New York is closer to Chicago. Hmm...

Quick Reply: Week 9 (March 3, 2006) Production Support Group