1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 9 (March 3, 2006) Production Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 12:25 PM
scholli
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My MINI is here!!

Just got e-mail from my MA letting me know that my MINI is at the dealer. Yippee!! I won't be able to pick her/him up until the beginning of next week (timing issue at my end, not the dealers). I am so psyched - from order to arriving at the dealer - a little less than 5 weeks.

Old 03-23-2006, 02:50 PM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
Picked up my car this morning. The process was fairly simple since I was paying "cash", but they still tried to sell me the clear "bra" thing, windshield "Diamondshield", a bunch of extended warranties and other bits of puffery. Overall pickup was easy enough.

First impressions are "Wheeeeee". I can't believe people think the Cooper doesn't have enough HP. I was flying before I even realized how fast I was going. It is annoying that I don't have the digital speedo since the analog speedo seems like it might not be particularly accurate. It is so much fun to drive. Altho, the ride is very "jerky" at very slow speeds in my parking garage. I guess going up and down the ramps might trick the CVT somehow.

And the HK sound system is awesome. After reading all the complaints on here about how it's not loud enough and so forth I am baffled. I had way more than enough volume and there was plenty of door thumping bass. I have it set to the MINI HK setting with it set to driver only.

Overall I am quite pleased.

Old 03-23-2006, 04:34 PM
cwilliamsjr
1st Gear
Originally Posted by hwyengr
I have no idea what's going on with my car. My WW page never updated to "Loaded on Ship", even after the Terrier sailed. Now, my WW page says that I'm back on the Integrity, headed down to Charleston. The Owner's Lounge says that I'm "En Route". I hope my car didn't get lost on the docks!
Several of us in the same "boat"...
I think the guy who does their record keeping must've had the flu the week we left, WW has been hosed ever since we left the factory.
Wondering if would be worth the view to drive over to Charleston to watch the boat unload...
Back in the 70's my dad used to buy his Mercedes direct from Germany and we would pick it up at the boatyard, now that would be worth the trip if we could do that!

Old 03-28-2006, 05:38 PM
SandiePepper
6th Gear
Just talked to MINI of the Hamptons, My MINI is scheduled to be loaded on the truck tomorrow headed for California, Should be about 3 weeks, Oh my God could the wait be any worse. Just knowing it's here and I can't see it or drive it. I will go insane. Also went to AMVIV III and saw several MINIs just about like mine, they were so beautiful.

Old 03-28-2006, 09:03 PM
patgoeglein
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Sandie
Just talked to MINI of the Hamptons, My MINI is scheduled to be loaded on the truck tomorrow headed for California, Should be about 3 weeks, Oh my God could the wait be any worse. Just knowing it's here and I can't see it or drive it. I will go insane. Also went to AMVIV III and saw several MINIs just about like mine, they were so beautiful.
I ordered mine from Ill and had it shipped out to calif. the truck (enclosed) tood 6 days and mine was the last one delivered. by the way the JCW is the best

Old 03-29-2006, 01:45 PM
skidmike
1st Gear
Took delivery yesterday!

It's great! I love the way the car feels so planted and stable on the road! I suppose anything would feel pretty solid when compared to my jeep, though.. Will start a new thread with pics as soon as I get time on a sunny day to get the car out and take some snaps.

-- mike

06 MCSa HB/S Sport,Cold,Prem,Conv pkgs, Bullet wheels, Blue leather, clearbra, etc..

Old 03-29-2006, 08:55 PM
SandiePepper
6th Gear
My MA e-mailed today MINI is on it's way should be in California around 4/17/06 maybe the Easter Bunny is delivering it

Old 03-29-2006, 11:23 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Sandie
My MA e-mailed today MINI is on it's way should be in California around 4/17/06 maybe the Easter Bunny is delivering it
my MA told me after the 20th she'll be ready to go

Old 03-30-2006, 06:53 AM
undersea
1st Gear
Hi everyone !!

I'm scheduled to pick up tomorrow at 4:30 PM EST !! Wooohooo!!!

Old 03-30-2006, 06:46 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
I cheked the ship log and it looks like its landing in CA the 1st! thats 3 days ahead of schedual! WOOHOO!!

Old 04-03-2006, 06:42 PM
tdm156
Ruling the curves
What Ship were you on again Wikedgolf? I was on Figaro and the log shows it arrived in Cali on the 1st.....I have not heard from Josh @Rasmussen yet about a date of delivery. I am sure that if your date is around the 20th that our MINI's will ride up from Cali together!

Old 04-04-2006, 02:16 PM
tdm156
Ruling the curves
Talked to my MA today and we are keeping our fingers crossed for fast truck drivers! Woo Hoo!

Old 04-04-2006, 07:38 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
Originally Posted by tdm156
What Ship were you on again Wikedgolf? I was on Figaro and the log shows it arrived in Cali on the 1st.....I have not heard from Josh @Rasmussen yet about a date of delivery. I am sure that if your date is around the 20th that our MINI's will ride up from Cali together!
Nooo.. not a fast driver.. its raining... i want my MINI in one pice

opss.. sorry.. i've had a busy week at work!
YA.. i called Josh yesturday. and he says the boat landed and they had to wait 3-4 days threw customes and then its off to the dealer.

I called ask MINI and thier logs are off. They told me that my mini was at the dock in Euro still. BUT when i talked to Josh, he assured me it wasnt. AND i have prof cause it know it was on Fargo and it already landed in CA on the 1st!

I still have to wait for the dealer to add on the extra stuff i wanted so i'll have another 2-3 wait.

I cant travel between the 6th -17th cuase of work.. so i have to wait evern longer :(

Old 04-04-2006, 08:03 PM
coneslayer
2nd Gear
My MA called me today, saying they should get the car in the next few days, and he's getting started on the paperwork. Given work and my wife's travel schedule, I expect we'll pick it up the weekend of the 15th. The waiting is getting hard!

Anyone have "stuff" waiting for their MINI? I have a Glove Box Tidy from GoMiniGo, and XM Direct receiver and Blitzsafe adapter (wife gets my SkyFi2 for her Subaru), and I've ordered a set of matching travel bags from "njbaglady".

My del Sol celebrated 200,000 miles last Thursday, and needed new brake pads last weekend, so we've been "bonding" before I say goodbye.

Old 04-04-2006, 08:15 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
Originally Posted by coneslayer
My MA called me today, saying they should get the car in the next few days, and he's getting started on the paperwork. Given work and my wife's travel schedule, I expect we'll pick it up the weekend of the 15th. The waiting is getting hard!

Anyone have "stuff" waiting for their MINI? I have a Glove Box Tidy from GoMiniGo, and XM Direct receiver and Blitzsafe adapter (wife gets my SkyFi2 for her Subaru), and I've ordered a set of matching travel bags from "njbaglady".

My del Sol celebrated 200,000 miles last Thursday, and needed new brake pads last weekend, so we've been "bonding" before I say goodbye.
HAHA.. my VW is at 216k and its only a 2000 , She's going NON-Op in september, so'll i'll be driving her mainly till then. I dont want to put to meny miles on the mini yet

Funny how u ask.. i have a few mods waiting for it

- Magnaflow cat back
- 04 Clear tail lights ( going in to get smoked with the same peral as the astro black paint)
- Carbon fibor hood scoop
- Mini car cover (not a mod, but still for the mini)
- H&R Springs
- SMOKE SIDE MARKER LIGHTS LENS (fender flares)
- Side Marker Lens (fender)
- Front Plate holder (thanks to stoopied and tulls)
- Web Motor sports Pull plugs for an upgrader pully
- Stoopieds MINI eyes!
- Stuby Antenna

And still to come:
- Wheels (working on that)
- Tires (working on that)
- 15% pully (working on that)
- Short shifter
- Front sturt bar
- My stick shift ****
- CAI
- CF hood - maybe
- and the smoked lens for th back up light... who has those?

Old 04-05-2006, 02:59 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
Talked to my MA today and we are keeping our fingers crossed for fast truck drivers! Woo Hoo!

OOO... i'll have to have u take a picture of mine! and email it to me.. u'll see yours before me most likely! I wonder if they will let u.. that would rock!

Old 04-05-2006, 06:53 PM
tdm156
Ruling the curves
I could sure do that! Who are you working with again over there? I am working with Josh and he is a pretty cool guy so far through all of this!

Old 04-05-2006, 06:59 PM
wikedgolf
6th Gear
I could sure do that! Who are you working with again over there? I am working with Josh and he is a pretty cool guy so far through all of this!
YA.. me too! josh W.

I'll have to tell him to keep a look out for you and ur camera

Old 04-07-2006, 04:39 AM
rameeti
2nd Gear
Could you guys advise How and If your dealer advised you of your memory settings for the 06? The DSC is supposed to set them according to your preference but I am trying to figure out what options they are asking you about and how they are presenting the options to you.

Old 04-07-2006, 05:47 AM
tdm156
Ruling the curves
I am not sure yet but here is a link to a MINI checklist for delivery. It didnt explain everything but did give me enough to think about!
http://dbmini.us/mini-checklist/

Old 04-07-2006, 09:17 AM
beach
Neutral
Has any heard if their car is at the dealer after landing in CA?

Old 04-07-2006, 09:21 AM
coneslayer
2nd Gear
beach, mine is at the dealer (South Bay), but my wife is out of town so we won't be picking it up until the 15th.

Old 04-07-2006, 09:39 AM
beach
Neutral
thanks Coneslayer..............haven't heard anything from Long Beach Mini

Old 04-07-2006, 09:49 AM
coneslayer
2nd Gear
Don't stress too much beach, mine got there less than 24 hours ago. Yours should be there any time now!

Old 04-07-2006, 02:27 PM
tdm156
Ruling the curves
Mine should be at the dealer within another week!

Quick Reply: Week 9 (March 3, 2006) Production Support Group