1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 9 (March 3, 2006) Production Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 11:18 AM
mnxmini
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Week 9 (March 3, 2006) Production Support Group

Let's get this one started. Our MINI is scheduled for production in week 9, on March 3, 2006. Hope for it to be ready for pickup on or before April 1, 2006.

Our specs:
- 2006 MCSa
- space blue with silver roof and mirrors
- cordoba beige leather
- navigation system
- harmon kardon stereo
- DSC
- xenon headlights
- heated seats
- anthracite dash and roofliner (looks better with the Cordoba Beige)

Any other west coast week 9 folks out there?

Old 02-09-2006, 05:10 PM
undersea
1st Gear
yey !!!

Oooh finally a week 9 support group !

This is my first post here . yikes. Not west coast though.

Here're my specs:

Chili red Cooper w/ silver roof and bonnet stripes
OBC
Spoiler
DSC
Automatic tranny
Leatherette
Chrome interior
Int. Surface Anthracite
Sunroof
Aux. audio input

I was super confused between the website, what my dealer said, and the status from ask mini . yikes ! It's now 'on order' in the owner's lounge and 'scheduled for production with no planned production date yet' at ASK MINI. Luckily someone had posted a summary in one of the forums

I just called ASK MINI and got the proper scoop from a guy there ! He said it's now scheduled for week 9 (feb 27-march 5). YEY He also said that the status won't change till about Feb 24th, so there's not much point in checking very often for a little while . that's good to know.

and here's my mini story so far it's kinda long so you can skip it to avoid boredom.

Commuted 30 miles each way with a friend with a friend who had a Cooper S for nearly a year. I really liked it. Then when it came time to buy a car I was trying to be more 'practical' and bought what my dad calls a 'real car' instead. He was afraid I would get squished in a MINI. I live half-way around the world from my parents so even though I'm not 12 I try not to freak them out too much if i can help it. Also my husband has a small car too so thought okay not a bad idea. That went on for about a year - I just traded the 'real car' in for a car I actually want

I ordered on the 24th of Jan, didn't my prod num till the 3rd of February.
Dealer was really nice, but his estimate of the time it will take seemed to be seemed a little fluid. I think that's maybe because the other dealership in the area has more allotments so there is some competition - but the guy there (other dealership not mine) made an insulting joke sneeringly near the beginning of our conversation and got up and later turned off the lights while I was still sitting at his desk because we had spent 15 minutes after closing time (seriously) discussing buying a car off his lot. It didn't have one option I really wanted and wasn't my first choice of color, but I was thinking of taking it anyway to avoid waiting. I'd been there a long time already and he wasted a lot of time making small talk and chatting about random things. If he was in such a hurry, he could have stayed a little more to the point. He's a 40 minute drive away from me, and the other guy is only 10 minutes away and also across the street from the subway line that goes to my office.

Also there are nicer ways to get someone to leave, no? especially if you're in a business with people relations ! how about just asking nicely ? I got really bad vibes off him and left feeling down . All MINI excitement up in smoke. Suprisingly he gets amazing reveiws in the forums.

Ah well ... So I went back to the other dealer. He didn't have a car I wanted on the lot. He used to have pretty bad reviews but seems to have taken a turn for the better, was really nice, and is much closer to both home and office.

So the car on the lot fell out of preference especially since the treatment there outweighed the pain of waiting and the pleasure of getting exactly what I want. Even with the 500 dollar price hike, my custom one still cost a few hundred less. Since they both charge sticker for ordering and I can service at any dealer, I decided to give my money to Mr. Nice instead of the other guy. Closing the deal was a pleasure and so far things are smooth.

Let's see how the rest of the process plays itself out. I wonder whether the other dealer could have gotten me a car faster, but then again i have real issues giving him my hard-earned money.

phew. hope you're still awake !

Old 02-09-2006, 06:27 PM
lobsteroll
Neutral
Hi MNXMINI
I'm on the west coast! ~seattle specifically. Nice set up by the way on your car!
I'm not sure if mine is week 9, it's suppose to come in next month. I'm sooo excited, i've been checking in the owner's lounge more than I should. Oh well! It's enroute to the distribution center.
I ordered Cooper S, '06. All red but white stripes in the front.
-Harmon Karden system
-Leather interior
-interior chrome trimming
-convenience package
-sport package
-cold weather package
-xenon lights
-i forget the rest.....
Which state do you reside in?

Old 02-09-2006, 08:35 PM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
Yay week 9!

I'm a 9er too. According to my MA I should be able to take possession in late March or early April. Better be late March since I just sold my car in anticipation of my MINI.

I'm Space Blue/Silver too. That combo sounds like it's getting popular.

I talked to the 866ASKMINI guy the other day too and he told me the same thing about status of the car not changing until its about ready to get started, but he told me my week 9 production is confirmed.

Old 02-09-2006, 09:20 PM
bluzeke
4th Gear
undersea . . . just curious, whereabouts are your dealers?

Old 02-10-2006, 07:14 AM
undersea
1st Gear
Hi bluzeke,

I'm in Massachusetts.

Old 02-10-2006, 11:30 AM
mnxmini
1st Gear
Week 9 Production

Alright, great response in only 1 day that this thread has been active.

Lobsteroll, I'm in Nor Cal. We're picking it up at South Bay MINI in LA. Nice spec on yours, we really liked red or pepper white if we didn't go with space blue.

Glennaa1, nice color combo! We were sitting on the fence among various colors but the first time we saw space blue, we knew it was our color. We've only seen 1 other space blue so far in NorCal, although we know they exist. Does seem like a popular choice for new MINI owners. Wonder if they'll continue offering it for the 2007 redesign.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:55 PM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
Judging by the week 7 thread things are running pretty fast at the plant. Two weeks from now we should all be getting ready to ship.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:03 PM
olivejuice
1st Gear
Hello hello!

I believe mine falls under the week 9 production also. I placed order on 02/11/06.

My specs are:
+ MCSa
+ Space Blue w/checkmate package
+ Cold Weather Package
+ Convenience Package
+ Premium Package
+ Center Arm Rest
+ Cockpit Chrono Pack

Everything else is standard.

So excited for this baby to be delivered! (until then, I'm going to save for more money to drop a grip for down payment)

How was everyone's experience with ordering the car?

Old 02-17-2006, 05:24 PM
shaun5
2nd Gear
I just left the dealership a grand lighter and a verbal 'week 9'. MCS +piano black 'seven' dash, pure silver, black top, grey/black interior, cold weather, convenience, premium, sport, center arm rest, anthracite headliner, rear fog, limited slip.

Old 02-20-2006, 04:40 PM
undersea
1st Gear
Ooooh nooooooooooooo :(
I just called ASK MINI and while the recording still says no confirmed date, the guy there said it's confirmed for March 9 !!!

Not only is that not week 9 .. it's the last day of week 10 .. *sniff*sniff*

But maybe it's good that at least now it has a date .. better than not having a date ?

Maybe it'll move up .. I'll check again sometime during the week.
waaaaa

Old 02-20-2006, 06:23 PM
SandiePepper
6th Gear
No confirmation on my week yet called ASK MINI he said check back in about 5 days, Hopeing for week 9 maybe 10 specs below.

Old 02-21-2006, 12:17 PM
mnxmini
1st Gear
Woo Hoo! In the Paint Shop

Went in a week ahead of schedule. That el-lame-oh website still shows it as "On Order"

Glad I called MINI USA directly. Finished with production this week, should be on a boat by next. Hope to pick her up before the end of March. RIGHTEOUS.

You guys should call directly to check on status as well.

Week 9, you guys have been great, but I've found...another. No, no, she's not prettier or thinner than you. Its me, not you, really (have always wanted to use that line). Week 8 Production Support Group, here I come!

Old 02-21-2006, 04:36 PM
undersea
1st Gear
byebye mnx !!! We'll give you a clean breakup if you promise to share your excitement again with us when you get your car .. give us a hint of what's to come

Okay, so yesterday I was kinda peeved. Thought I'd try again today just to make sure it's really March 9. The guy who picked up just said Week 9 again. He has no idea why the other guy said March 9.

He said that it might have changed. Apparently the dates might change all the way up till it starts getting produced .. hopefully they'll move closer !! hehe.

ok now i can go back to waiting kind of patiently and waiting till next monday to check again .. okay maybe friday .. ? hehe *grin*

Old 02-21-2006, 07:29 PM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
I called today too and they also told me no firm date yet but still on for week 9. He said try back in a few days. I figure I'll give them a try on Friday. I hope I get lucky and hit the production/boat/port/trucking just right. Not having a car is getting to be a drag.

Old 02-21-2006, 07:30 PM
SandiePepper
6th Gear
I was told by ask MINI I am in Week 10, hate to leave you but, I am a week behind you. Maybe I'll get bumped up.

Old 02-22-2006, 07:04 PM
SandiePepper
6th Gear
Well now I don't know what week I am. My MA says week 9, Ask MINI says week 10. guess I'll hang out in both threads

Old 02-23-2006, 05:59 PM
coneslayer
2nd Gear
Just got my date!

Week 9 checking in. It's not showing up on the website or automated phone system yet, but the guy I just talked to at MINI USA says March 4. I ordered in mid-November from South Bay MINI.

2006 Cooper S
BRG, white roof and stripes
Anthracite, black leatherette
LSD, DSC, H/K, MFSW

My current car is a 1994 Honda Civic del Sol Si. It should hit 200,000 miles before the MINI gets here.

Old 02-24-2006, 05:26 AM
scholli
1st Gear
My first post too!

I ordered my Mini last weekend and found out I'm in Week 9. And now I'm calling Ask Mini everyday and checking the Owner's Lounge several times a day! (You never know, it may change at any minute. LOL) The dealer thought that I'd probably get the car beginning of April. Let's hope so!

My specs are:

-MCS
-Hyper Blue/White Roof
-Hyper Blue interior
-Black Leatherette
-Xenons
-H/K stereo
-Cold weather package
-anthracite headliner

Everything else standard. Right now, I'm looking at getting the cocomats - trying to decide if I should order them now and have them when I pick up the car or wait...

Old 02-24-2006, 08:21 AM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by scholli
My first post too!

I ordered my Mini last weekend and found out I'm in Week 9. And now I'm calling Ask Mini everyday and checking the Owner's Lounge several times a day! (You never know, it may change at any minute. LOL) The dealer thought that I'd probably get the car beginning of April. Let's hope so!
You know, this is really not fair. And you also miss out on all the anticipation.

I placed my order Jan 16, and according to ASKMINI this morning I am scheduled to complete production on March 5 which I guess is the last day of week 9 or the first day of week 10 depending how you look at it. Then the real waiting begins.

Old 02-24-2006, 08:57 AM
scholli
1st Gear
I've been anticipatin'

Oh no, I've been anticipating since September - the first time I drove an MCS! We had a party back in September and one of our friends has a 2005 MCS with every option (when we invited him to the party, we even asked him, pretty please, to come in the MCS (he has a few cars). I asked him how he liked it (just hoping he'd let me sit in the car ) and he said "you want to drive it?" Heck yes! Took a tour of the neighborhood, got back to the house, and couldn't stop grinning. So, I've actually been anticipating getting this car since then

Old 02-24-2006, 10:01 AM
mnxmini
1st Gear
Please Forgive Me!

Fellow Week 9'ers, please forgive my fling with the Week 8 Production Support Group. I swear, they meant nothing to me. Remember that I founded this thread, please take me back!

OK, so it looks like I jumped the gun. When I talked to MINI USA at the beginning of this week, they said I had already started production, so I figured I'd be done this week (8). Everyone says the whole production process only take a few days right? But then I called again this morning and apparently I haven't even hit the paint shop yet, so my scheduled "completion" date is still March 2, next Thursday, putting me squarely in...you guessed it, Week 9.

Hey, I liked you guys better anyway.

Old 02-24-2006, 12:22 PM
undersea
1st Gear
hi mnx,

man we're starting to have some 'trust issues' we need to work out :P
hehe
welcome back ..

I just called today ASK MINI now has a production date !! woohoo. didn't talk to a rep though .

The date on the phone thingie is March 5th !

mnx, i thought that the prod date is when it is completed .. So how did you find out when it began ? from the guy on the phone ? or from the automated thingie ?

yey i have a date and it's NOT march 9 :P

Old 02-24-2006, 12:36 PM
undersea
1st Gear
OOOOOOOOooooooooohhhh BABY !!!

I just called again and talked to someone . my MINI started production YESTERDAY and I have a VIN !!!!

me so happy .

Old 02-24-2006, 01:44 PM
skidmike
1st Gear
Not sure which week, but..

we were told week9 by the dealer when we ordered last weekend. Going with the following config (which we haven't seen in person; rolling the dice a bit):

MCSa
Hyper Blue/Silver top and mirrors
Black leather with blue inserts
Silver door ovals and trim
Gauge pkg
Sport, Premium, Convenience, Cold weather pkgs
HK audio system
iPod adapter
Clearbra

Dealer has promised to swap bullet wheels from a convertible for the S-Lites.

I'm kind of biting my nails on the color, but I think it'll look good. If nobody else posts pics of one, I'll take some and post them as soon as we take delivery.

So, some of you guys out west are waiting months? There are alot of minis around Atlanta, some on the showroom floor and the wait is supposedly about 6 weeks.

-- mike

Quick Reply: Week 9 (March 3, 2006) Production Support Group