1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 11 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 03:24 PM
stargate823
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boo hoo for the week 11 thread. Where's all of the excitement! She's almost here!

Old 03-23-2006, 03:55 PM
swartzentruber
2nd Gear
I was hoping to be on the UNDINE, which sailed today from Southampton. So far, WW isn't finding our VIN yet. I imagine if our MINI is on it, I should know by tommorrow.

Old 03-23-2006, 04:18 PM
Daddy0
1st Gear
Same here Swartzenruber. i'll be really bummed out if it isn't tho. My spring break starts the 14th of April and a delay almost certainly means no spring break motoring!:impatient

Old 03-23-2006, 04:22 PM
TouringComet
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by BucketheadJones
I'm hoping my SR/S MC gets on the boat on the 27th with yours TouringComet! Has you MA given you any ETA yet? Mine keeps telling me that once it's "en route" she'll be able to tell me more.
Got my MA on the phone today, he says he doesn't get information like bill of lading numbers, says what we see online is pretty much the same as he can see. Not sure if he knows the ins and outs.

If anyone finds out the booking number on the MAERSK WIND let us know.

Sure would like to see my vin recognized on the WW site.

Old 03-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Deuce Coupe Effect
4th Gear
Location: From New Lenox, IL., but living in West Lafayette, IN.
My MA emailed me today and said it was on a boat and due to arrive in South Carolina on the 29th. miniusa.com tells me it is still awaiting transport, but ASKMINI confirms it is on its way. Now where is that website for tracking the boat across the ocean. I'll try that one that someone posted on the first page, but if that won't help me could someone please post the one that will?

Old 03-23-2006, 07:22 PM
bluebird
1st Gear
Duece Coupe Effect it sounds like you're on the Freedom.As far as that site goes for tracking the ship, when you go to the site there will be a box there that say's "search for 1 ship by call sign". Enter WDB5483 (that's Freedom's call sign) then click on search and the map will come up with little red dots going across the ocean representing the progress of the ship.

Old 03-24-2006, 08:25 AM
Paul_TMQ
1st Gear
According to www.sailwx.info, FREEDOM (WDB5483) is two days out from the mouth of the NYC harbor (my ETA is ~Noon on the 26th). Just like any other "highway" into NYC, traffic slows up when entering its "traffic lanes".

It may take 6 to 10 hours to navigate to the NEAT and dock. Question is; Is the NEAT so busy that they would have a Sunday night shift to start offloading the several hundred cars that will likely need to be disembarked ($$$).

But, as the FREEDOM has to depart on Monday for Baltimore on the 29th [then to Charleston on April Fools Day and finally Brunswick on April 3rd], they have to have all the NYC disembarking cars offload starting ASAP.

Old 03-24-2006, 04:16 PM
stargate823
2nd Gear
Yes.... she's made quite a bit of progress! The next week or so is going to take forever! My Alta intake arrived today. Now I just need a car to put all these parts on!

Old 03-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Deuce Coupe Effect
4th Gear
Well I'm either on the Freedom or the Terrier. Both are destined for Charleston, SC. around the 29th which is when and where my MA told me it would arrive in the US. Right now I'm rooting for the Terrier since it will get in first it seems. Either this should make mine a 4-5 week delivery time. That is about half of what I was quoted when I ordered. It is spectacular compared to the numbers I've seen comming from the west coast.

Old 03-25-2006, 06:15 PM
cwilliamsjr
1st Gear
Order details in Owner's Lounge

It's a little late but I read that if the Owner's Lounge Order Details page isn't showing your order details, if you view the page source in your browser it sometimes has the details embedded in there even if the page is blank.
view menu -> source
You have to sort throgh a little code garbage, but it's there, copy it into MS Word and you can clean it up with a little search and replace...
My expected delivery date got moved up from 29th to 26th, too bad the dealer is closed tomorrow...

Old 03-25-2006, 06:44 PM
bluebird
1st Gear
Well, Deuce Coupe Effect I too hope it's the Terrier, if thats the one that's farther along. If all goes well the Freedom arrives in N.Y. tomorrow and Maryland isn't too far away! Happy Motoring in advance to all soon to be MINI owners!

Old 03-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Deuce Coupe Effect
4th Gear
From what I had seen the Freedom will hit NYC tomorrow (3/26) and then drop its cargo and go to Baltimore? (not sure of the town or the day) and then to Charleston (about 3/30). The Terrier is still out in the Atlantic but its first port will be Charleston (3/28).

*EDIT after searching up on the subject I found the WW site and confirmed I am on the Terrier who is destined for Charleston on 3/28 at this point baring any hurricanes and sea monsters. ^_^ Unfortunately the Terrier is not showing up on the sailwx site. :(

Old 03-26-2006, 03:24 AM
bluebird
1st Gear
Yes, that looks about right! It's a shame they don't have a VPC in Baltimore, as many of the the ships stop here. I know there is one in NY and one in Charleston. I'm assuming that my car will be offloaded in NY and be checked over there, before being trucked down here.By the way you're in Indiana, what do you thik of the "Hoosier Daddy" as the title for an instrumental number!

Old 03-26-2006, 03:29 AM
bluebird
1st Gear
I messed up that last sentence. It's supposed to read, What do you think of "Hoosier Daddy" as the title for an instrumental number? You know, bit of a play on words. Oh well....maybe not. So long for now!

Old 03-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Deuce Coupe Effect
4th Gear
Might be good depending on the song. I'm also not very talented at naming songs. Like I never would have come up with "Tie Your Mother Down" if I had been in charge of naming that song.

Old 03-27-2006, 05:35 AM
CarFreak!
2nd Gear
Called my dealer now, he said that my Mini is on the ship now and it will arrive tomorrow I can pick it up at the end of this week

Can't wait!!!

Old 03-27-2006, 07:37 AM
swartzentruber
2nd Gear
Man, is there some type of port issue, or is the tracking just all messed up? According to current tracking info, our MINI has been sitting at the port since 3/19. WW still doesn't recoginize our VIN, both ASKMINI and the owner's lounge report it still as "At the Port", and the "customer service" person I talked to last week was rude and useless. According to WW schedules, there have been 2 or 3 ships that have left since then, so either something is wrong with tracking, or our car is stuck at the port for some reason.

Old 03-27-2006, 09:49 AM
TouringComet
3rd Gear
I'm with you, swartzentruber. Mine got to the port around the 17th. Yesterday, the WW boat the Maersk Wind was reported to be scheduled to leave today at 18:00, now it is scheduled for tomorrow at noon. It goes to Brunswick, GA, then on to Port Hueneme, CA. If I am to be on that boat, I would hope that the WW site would start to recognize my VIN by tomorrow. I'm actually hoping, though, that my status is actually 'en route', and I'm on another shipping line. If it leaves port tomorrow, I'll be lucky to get the car by the end of April. I ordered it Feb 18th!

Here is a site with the ship movements in and out of Southampton:

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/shipping_movments.asp

Old 03-27-2006, 12:42 PM
Deuce Coupe Effect
4th Gear
I feel for you guys. I guess I slipped out just in time on the Terrier which has been making good time to Charleston, SC.. I wish you good luck in your sea going venture.

Old 03-27-2006, 03:34 PM
stargate823
2nd Gear
Well..... today she hit land! Confirmed disharged from the Freedom. The owners lounge has an estimated delivery date of 3/31. Very exciting.... only dismayed by the fact that my wonderfull wife has been in the hospital since Saturday night. Possible gall bladder removal. Hope shes well enough for the cars trip home. I was looking forward (still am) with sharing the experience with her.

Old 03-27-2006, 04:01 PM
Daddy0
1st Gear
Swartzentruber, i feel ya. I too have been at port since the 17th. Called my MA Saturday and he "Feels" it is on a ship already but he has no actual proof. Cough *Load of Bull* End Cough. He said I probably have got about another four weeks to wait but my gut feeling is more along towards the first week in May:impatient.

Old 03-27-2006, 07:58 PM
RidgeRider
Neutral
Stuck at the port here too. I'm was supposed to be on the UNDINE but I guess I missed the boat because now I'm scheduled for the Patriot that doesn't leave until later this week. :(

Old 03-27-2006, 08:58 PM
BucketheadJones
2nd Gear
I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay, watchin' the tide roll away..."

(Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

Can't find any info other than "awaiting transport."

Old 03-28-2006, 05:05 AM
Deuce Coupe Effect
4th Gear
"Watching the ships roll in and I watch them roll away again." Supposedly my MINI makes landfall today.

Old 03-28-2006, 08:09 AM
swartzentruber
2nd Gear
Well, either somethings wrong with their tracking, or something's messed up at the port. After the TERRIER and FREEDOM, I haven't seen anyone confirmed on the more recent ships like UNDINE or TAIKO. Ridgerider, I'm curious why you think you are on the Patriot -- is that what your MA told you? Our MA didn't know anything -- speculated there could be a backlog, or it could be that tracking just isn't updating.

I'm very skeptical of the backlog theory, because you'd see people on the Week 10 thread reporting they were on those later ships, and that's not happening. IMO, either tracking is messed up right now, or WW is sending over ships without MINIs. I haven't seen a single person confirmed on the UNDINE or TAIKO. There are people on the Week 10 that are reporting some messed up info from WW, so at this point I'm leaning/hoping it is on a boat and WW/MINI just don't know it. As of today, ASKMINI and the lounge are still reporting "At the Port".

Quick Reply: Production Week 11 Support Group