1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 11 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 08:38 AM
TouringComet
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the WW boat that left today for the west coast, and my VIN still not being recognized by WW, I'll bet we are on a boat from a different shipping line, and the status hasn't been updated. There was an NYK Line boat that left on the 16th, but since my production ended on the 15th, I suspect I'm not on it. There must have been other boats that have left since then.

Using the booking number for the UNDINE to get the list of MINIs on it, then getting details on one of the cars, the WW site shows that car being booked onto the boat a few days before the boat left, so I would think that a VIN would be recognized on the WW site even before the boat leaves.

My MA is not familiar with how to get shipping information. Any suggestions on what I can tell him to do to get the info?

Old 03-28-2006, 09:47 AM
bluebird
1st Gear
Towson MINI should get my car around Friday and I should have her by early next week. stargate823, maybe I'll see you there. BTW, hope you're wife's doing well. To all those having problems, hope they get sorted out soon. Deuce Coupe Effect you're "watching the ships roll in then watching them roll away again?" All the way from Indiana? Whew, you have a serious set of eyes! (Another feeble attempt at humor!) Take care all.

Old 03-28-2006, 01:03 PM
RidgeRider
Neutral
swartzentruber,
I've been able to track my VIN on the WW site for awhile. First it said "received at terminal" and "booked" for the Undine - then that boat left port w/out me seeing a "loaded" - then a few days later it says I'm "received" and "booked" for the Patriot, booking #GBSOU404301. There are 25 vins showing up with mine w/ that booking number now.

Old 03-29-2006, 06:53 AM
swartzentruber
2nd Gear
Anyone find any updated information for their MINI? I can't believe how lousy the tracking has been. If it is still sitting at the port, I can't imagine that's very good for the car. It's funny, over on the week 12 thread cars are getting done, and people there are starting to wonder when their cars will ship. Based on our experience, they may not ship until Mid-April. I guess my only hope at this time is that WW is not shipping my car.

Old 03-29-2006, 07:19 AM
Deuce Coupe Effect
4th Gear
Location: From New Lenox, IL., but living in West Lafayette, IN.
My MINI hit US soil at 00:01 hours on 3/29. So close yet so far away.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:20 AM
swartzentruber
2nd Gear
I think I'm going to start a new thread -- "Has a black hole eaten my MINI?". It's seems unreal that some week 11s could be on US soil already, while some don't even seem to be booked on a boat.

Old 03-29-2006, 12:28 PM
stargate823
2nd Gear
Well, just got the call from Towson Mini.... car hit the lot today and the proform clear bra will be installed tommorow! I'm scheduled to pick it up Friday after work! Only two more days! And she'll be picked up 1 day shy of 4 weeks! In all honesty..... with all of the tracking info available and the company here at NAM.... it's flown by!

And btw thank you bluebird for the kind wishes..... maybe I will see you there afterall!

Old 03-29-2006, 01:15 PM
Deuce Coupe Effect
4th Gear
No kidding this has gone quick. I was quoted 8-10 weeks on the day of order. 4 weeks is spectacular. People on the west coast should take note of our quick deliveries. The entire time D&R has been really great dealership. Has anyone got a welcoming kit from MINI? I hear we are supposed to get it before the MINI arrives.

Old 03-29-2006, 01:30 PM
stargate823
2nd Gear
No welcome kit here as of yet.

And as for my quick delivery, I got very lucky and when I ordered my car that particular Saturday, the dealer simply changed the specs on a car they already had on order to meet my requirements. The first tiem I went to the dealer I was quoted 6 to 8 weeks.

On another note..... I'm still in shock that the car is at the dealer already. I called my MA last evening and told him the car hit ground monday and I wanted a guestimate and when I could take delivery. He said anywhere from 2,3 days to a week at the distribution center... then 3 to 4 days to schedule my clear bra.

Poof, next day the car is there and bra beiing installed tommorow morning.

Now I need to take my 04 Eclipse GTS up there and see what they will give me for it. Carmax offered me a dismal 13 grand. Thats pathetic. A 2 year old car, fully loaded, that cost me 26 grand two years ago and they want to give me 13? Thats less than blue book trade in!

Hopefully they come through a bit higher. Not a deal breaker.... but sure is a pocket breaker.

Old 03-29-2006, 02:13 PM
bluebird
1st Gear
That's wonderful news stargate823! As soon as I read your post I called Towson MINI. Still looks like mine will be getting there Friday and I'll get her Tues. or Wed., which will total about 7 weeks altogether for me. Not bad at all! While I was at the credit union the other day, getting a loan pre-approval letter, I met a young lady who is getting an S convertible, that she'll be picking up Friday at Towson MINI. I too was trying to decide who to sell my old car (98 Honda Civic) to until I happened to mention to my next door neighbor that I was getting a Cooper. He's a mechanic and he's going to buy the Honda and fix it up for his kid sister. The money from that plus a bit from the credit union will make for reasonably comfortable payments for me! Bye for now.

Old 03-30-2006, 07:26 AM
swartzentruber
2nd Gear
Still absolutely no news from ASKMINI (still "At the Port") or WW site (no record of VIN). I'm starting to get pretty concerned, since there are boats leaving today and tomorrow. Maybe a black hole has eaten my MINI.

Old 03-30-2006, 09:49 AM
Daddy0
1st Gear
My MINI has been at port since March 18th and no new news. I think it may be on another carrier but then why has askmini not updated? This is Day 12.

Old 03-30-2006, 10:35 AM
Deuce Coupe Effect
4th Gear
MA says that MINI says the tentative arrival date at D&R MINI is 4/6/06! although I might have to wait until a little while after to actually pick her up.

Old 03-30-2006, 06:04 PM
bluebird
1st Gear
Daddy0, I can't say for sure what's going on but I can tell you that after my car was already at sea for several days, on the Freedom, it was still "at the port" on ASKMINI. I called them about it and the guy I talked to said that "at the port" was as far as ASKMINI went, that even after a car was loaded onto a ship it would continue to show up as "at the port" on ASKMINI. Maybe your car is on it's way on a non-WW ship!

Old 03-30-2006, 06:09 PM
Daddy0
1st Gear
One can only hope. I'm somewhere between patient and pissed off. When I think of my delivery day and planned mods I'm elated. When I think of Dan Ryan and Lake Shore Drive motoring (70 degrees in Chicago 2day) I get pissed off. Oh well. Its here when its here. I just wish it were here NOW!:impatient

Old 03-30-2006, 06:50 PM
bluebird
1st Gear
I'm just speculating of course but I seem to remember that after my ship and maybe one other one left that there was a span of quite a few days before the next WW ship departure. So maybe indeed there were ships from another line that came in to fill the void. Speculation maybe, but it seems very possible to me. Anyhow good luck to you and the others in the same situation.

Old 03-30-2006, 06:53 PM
BucketheadJones
2nd Gear
Apparently, mine has been has been swallowed by the same black hole, swartzentruber! It's been sitting on the dock in the UK for two weeks. I'm trying hard to be patient, but it's getting more difficult by the day!

Old 03-31-2006, 01:35 AM
CarFreak!
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Deuce Coupe Effect
No kidding this has gone quick. I was quoted 8-10 weeks on the day of order. 4 weeks is spectacular. People on the west coast should take note of our quick deliveries. The entire time D&R has been really great dealership. Has anyone got a welcoming kit from MINI? I hear we are supposed to get it before the MINI arrives.
I got a welcoming kit from MINI (4-5 weeks ago?). It was a CD with strange songs, keyring, key-holder and some other things....

I'll pick up my mini today or tomorrow

Old 03-31-2006, 12:55 PM
TouringComet
3rd Gear
After a little over 2 weeks sitting at the port, maybe I'll be on an NYK Line boat leaving tomorrow morning, the Orion Diamond.

Old 03-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Deuce Coupe Effect
4th Gear
MA checked again today and says my MINI might even be at the dealer by the 3rd. Can you tell I'm excited. BTW, owner's lounge still has me as En Route to VDC. hmmm perhaps they are just a bit behind in the updating.

Old 03-31-2006, 09:34 PM
Daddy0
1st Gear
Originally Posted by TouringComet
After a little over 2 weeks sitting at the port, maybe I'll be on an NYK Line boat leaving tomorrow morning, the Orion Diamond.
Hey TouringComet, where did you find the this information about the Orion Diamond. I think I may be on it because askMINI tells me IN TRANSIT but the WW site has no record of my VIN#?

Old 03-31-2006, 10:23 PM
TouringComet
3rd Gear
I've been watching this page http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/shipping_movments.asp and noticed the Orion Diamond has a destination of Los Angeles. I googled it, and it came up on the nyk site, and I also searched mini2 and NAM and older order tracking posts reference it, so it looks like MINI has used that boat before. I'm hoping the destination of LA includes Port Hueneme, which is just north of LA.

Old 04-01-2006, 12:08 PM
TouringComet
3rd Gear
Finally 'in transit' on ASK MINI. 16 days waiting at the port. Maybe I was right about the Orion Diamond, I'll check with my MA on Monday. Now a little over 3 weeks til it's at the VDC. Looks like I'll be motoring at the end of April.

Old 04-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Deuce Coupe Effect
4th Gear
Well the owner's lounge still has me at the VDC in Charleston, SC. and at the same time I have my MA telling me it is on the lot at D&R MINI in IN. so I think I'll go with my MA and say it is here. Hoping for a Thrusday or Friday pick up next week. SOO CLOSE NOW!

Old 04-04-2006, 01:19 PM
swartzentruber
2nd Gear
I just got an email from my MA stating that whatever boat I am on, I should be arriving next Monday, and arrive at the dealership by around the following Monday. That arrival time doesn't seem to correspond to any WW ships, and WW still doesn't recognize my VIN, so I imagine I'm on a different line.

Quick Reply: Production Week 11 Support Group