1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 11 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Deuce Coupe Effect
4th Gear
Location: From New Lenox, IL., but living in West Lafayette, IN.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm picking mine up Thursday. Almost exactly 5 weeks after order! Why oh why do the days go so slowly now.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:23 PM
swartzentruber
2nd Gear
Man Deuce, your posts make me upset Looking like about 7 and a half weeks after ordering for ours. Guess it could be worse.

Old 04-04-2006, 03:42 PM
TouringComet
3rd Gear
Okay, all of you that have reported you would be going to the dealer any day to get your car, who's the first to actually turn the key in the ignition?

Old 04-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Deuce Coupe Effect
4th Gear
Well I believe that Stargate and perhaps another have had their car for a few days now, so I'm about midfield in that particular race.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:31 AM
TouringComet
3rd Gear
I guess stargate is too busy having fun in their car, haven't heard anything from them lately.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:33 PM
MediocreFred
1st Gear
This might be interesting to those of you with MINIs bound for Port H in CA...

Just got an email from my MA. Looks like my MCS shipped on March 31st and is due at Port H in CA on April 21st. Incidentally, AskMINI changed to "In Transit" on April 1st and OL is still at "Awaiting Carrier".

My MA doesn't have the name of the ship - just the Bill of Lading number and the fact that it is an NKK Line ship. (From posts earlier in this thread, looks like it's the Orion Diamond.)

So, my MSC was at the dock in Southampton from around March 19th (completed on the 18th) to March 30th (assuming it took them a day to load the ship and sail away).

-MediocreFred.

Old 04-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Deuce Coupe Effect
4th Gear
PICKED UP MY BABY TODAY...pictures and its own introduction thread soon to follow...keep eyes open for something to do with Baxter.

Old 04-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Daddy0
1st Gear
congrats

Old 04-06-2006, 09:02 PM
BucketheadJones
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by MediocreFred
This might be interesting to those of you with MINIs bound for Port H in CA...

Just got an email from my MA. Looks like my MCS shipped on March 31st and is due at Port H in CA on April 21st. Incidentally, AskMINI changed to "In Transit" on April 1st and OL is still at "Awaiting Carrier".

My MA doesn't have the name of the ship - just the Bill of Lading number and the fact that it is an NKK Line ship. (From posts earlier in this thread, looks like it's the Orion Diamond.)

So, my MSC was at the dock in Southampton from around March 19th (completed on the 18th) to March 30th (assuming it took them a day to load the ship and sail away).

-MediocreFred.
Mine was produced on 3/16, but the OL still has me "awaiting transport" in Southampton. My MA hasn't been much help and calling ASKMINI didn't provide anything different. Hope I'm on the boat with you, Fred.

Old 04-06-2006, 09:06 PM
Daddy0
1st Gear
Originally Posted by BucketheadJones
Mine was produced on 3/16, but the OL still has me "awaiting transport" in Southampton. My MA hasn't been much help and calling ASKMINI didn't provide anything different. Hope I'm on the boat with you, Fred.
That really sucks man. I feel 4 ya!

Old 04-07-2006, 07:50 AM
BucketheadJones
2nd Gear
HEY! This morning the OL has me "en route!" Woo-hoo!

Old 04-07-2006, 07:57 AM
MediocreFred
1st Gear
Originally Posted by BucketheadJones
HEY! This morning the OL has me "en route!" Woo-hoo!
Sweet! Mine's caught up too... now it (OL) is in synch with AskMINI. So, in all probability you are on the Orion Diamond as well - due at PortH on April 21st.

Did you order from a dealer in Seattle? Mine's in Portland; not sure if our MINI's will share a truck - guess it depends on the number of cars coming this way. Hope they fly through the VDC and get here by the end of April...

Old 04-07-2006, 12:13 PM
BucketheadJones
2nd Gear
Did you order from a dealer in Seattle? Mine's in Portland; not sure if our MINI's will share a truck - guess it depends on the number of cars coming this way. Hope they fly through the VDC and get here by the end of April...
If I had ordered from NW MINI I'd be looking at a late '06 or early '07 delivery date. So, I ordered through MINI of Murray in Salt Lake City. I'll fly down and drive her home (about 850 miles).

Old 04-07-2006, 12:35 PM
TouringComet
3rd Gear
I had given up on the OL, and stopped checking it so often, relying on ASK MINI for more accurate info. Now that some of you have recently changed status, I checked the OL, and I'm finally en route there as well. No reply yet to an email I sent to my MA just after the Orion Diamond left port, asking if he could confirm I'm on it. Here are some pics of the Orion Diamond:

http://www.ship-photo.de/modules/mya...o.php?lid=3267
http://www.schiffsphoto.de/HTM/Car/OrionDiamond.htm
http://www.carcarrier.de/html/body_orion_diamond.html

If anyone catches it going through the canal, let us know.

Congrats, Deuce, have fun this weekend.

Old 04-07-2006, 08:05 PM
BucketheadJones
2nd Gear
Sweet! Mine's caught up too... now it (OL) is in synch with AskMINI. So, in all probability you are on the Orion Diamond as well - due at PortH on April 21st. .
My MA confirmed scheduled port arrival of April 21. Must be the Orion Diamond.

Old 04-07-2006, 08:06 PM
bluebird
1st Gear
Bluebird here (a.k.a. perhaps another). Picked mine up around 5:00 P.M. EST. on Thursday. Going to give a look up underneath soon to determine gender. Will name Merlin if a male, KiKi if female. Enjoying immensely so far. Happy motoring to all present and future MINI owners! "Happy trails to you until we meet again, Happy trails to you keep smilin' until then, Who cares about the clouds if we're together, Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather, Happy trails to you, 'Till we meet again."- Roy Rogers and Dale Evans " Happy Trails"

Old 04-08-2006, 12:10 PM
TouringComet
3rd Gear
Congrats, bluebird. Looks like a close race between you and Deuce on who got theirs first. Got any pics yet?

Old 04-08-2006, 02:43 PM
bluebird
1st Gear
Thanks, Touring Comet. No pics yet. Firstly, I'm a very low tech person and, although I do have a digital camera, I'll have to research just how to get them on here. Secondly, it's been raining here pretty much since I picked the car up, although I've still managed to put about 135 miles on her anyway! I'll take some pictures when the rain stops. As far as who got there's 1st between Deuce and myself, I'm not sure but he got his in around 5 weeks, and I got mine exactly 7 weeks after placing the order, so in that respect he won rather handily!

Old 04-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Deuce Coupe Effect
4th Gear
well I started the whole pick-up processs at about 2:45pm EST and probably was out about 4:30, but truthfully I have no idea as I was hardly paying attention to the time. So lets just call it a tie...although I'm pretty sure someone beat both of us. IT WAS RAINING FOR YOU TO! Ugh, all day Thursday it rained on my poor new MINI all the way home and then afterwards. Oh well. Good luck to the rest still waiting.

Old 04-09-2006, 12:19 AM
bluebird
1st Gear
Well, I do remember looking at the the time on that magnificent speedometer as I was pulling off the lot and it was 5:20 P.M. EST, so there you have it! Very close! Nice of you(which is why I tease you all the time by the way) to call it a tie though, although I don't remember you, or I, or stargate having "a race." Who started this nonsense! Only kidding(again). Happy Trails!!

Old 04-11-2006, 07:23 AM
BucketheadJones
2nd Gear
Anybody have a link for tracking the Orion Diamond?

Old 04-12-2006, 11:28 AM
swartzentruber
2nd Gear
My MINI is now an American. Just heard from my MA it landed in Charleston SC yesterday. Should be on a truck soon and here next week.

Old 04-13-2006, 04:53 PM
TouringComet
3rd Gear
Called my MA, he says my car is on a boat due to arrive in Port Hueneme on the 21st, although he doesn't have the name of the boat. Doesn't matter much at this point. I'm just glad it will only be a couple more weeks now.

Old 04-18-2006, 03:44 PM
TouringComet
3rd Gear
How about some updates? Anyone?

Besides BucketheadJones and myself waiting for our ship to dock this week, who else has yet to get their car?

swartzentruber, yours docked awhile ago, have you picked it up yet?

Daddy0, did you ever find out what ship yours is on, or when it is due at the VDC?

Old 04-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Daddy0
1st Gear
Originally Posted by TouringComet
How about some updates? Anyone?

Besides BucketheadJones and myself waiting for our ship to dock this week, who else has yet to get their car?

swartzentruber, yours docked awhile ago, have you picked it up yet?

Daddy0, did you ever find out what ship yours is on, or when it is due at the VDC?
I never found out what ship it was on. Although I called askMINI and the operator said that it had left England on March 30th. It is now "IN TRANSIT" to my dealer and should be here tommorow.

Quick Reply: Production Week 11 Support Group