1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 14 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 07:25 PM
claancy
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rpterson
Mine says Charleston, but I figured it says that because it's the termination of the voyage.
The voyage details say that there's another stop after Charleston, in Brunswick, GA.

Edit: Wow, we're on page 10 now!

Old 04-17-2006, 07:46 PM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rpterson
bobdobs: Yours shows discharged? Mine doesn't yet I hope it isn't staying on till Charleston. Did your screen (that shows discharged) say that your cars' destination was NJ or Charleston? Mine says Charleston, but I figured it says that because it's the termination of the voyage. I can't imagine mine would stay on till Charleston to be trucked back up to Ohio.
Mine says:

Port of Destination : NEW YORK, NY

Nowhere does it say "Charleston." Sorry.

Old 04-17-2006, 07:46 PM
eggSF
1st Gear
I'm on the Manon, sailwx hasn't updated in 2 days and should hopefully be in New Jersey by tomorrow? Also, my OL updated to potential delivery date of Thursday!

Old 04-17-2006, 07:57 PM
claancy
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by eggSF
I'm on the Manon, sailwx hasn't updated in 2 days and should hopefully be in New Jersey by tomorrow? Also, my OL updated to potential delivery date of Thursday!
This is probably a stupid question, but where in the OL does it list the delivery date? Or is that something that recently appeared for you?

Old 04-17-2006, 08:05 PM
eggSF
1st Gear
Originally Posted by claancy
This is probably a stupid question, but where in the OL does it list the delivery date? Or is that something that recently appeared for you?
It appears for me under Review Order Detail...I think I read somewhere if it doesn't show up for you to check the sourcefile of the page and it should be updated.

Old 04-17-2006, 10:41 PM
rpterson
4th Gear
Originally Posted by claancy
The voyage details say that there's another stop after Charleston, in Brunswick, GA.

Edit: Wow, we're on page 10 now!
I guess that's it then. Too bad I've been under the assumption that Classic's cars come through NY (NJ). I noticed the "Charleston" on my cargo tracking since last week but as I said, figured it was the voyage termination point. So It goes on to GA too? Wow, what a milk run. NY, Boston, Charleston and Brunswick.

As for review order detail, mine shows nothing and when I view the source, I can see my vehicle details, but can't make out an estimated delivery date. I guess I'm gonna be in limbo for a while

Congrats to those who were discharged in NY/NJ

SkateMom

Old 04-17-2006, 10:48 PM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
If it's any consolation for you, you'll probably still get your car before me -- here in California and all...

Old 04-17-2006, 11:22 PM
eggSF
1st Gear
same here...California via NY :/

Old 04-17-2006, 11:27 PM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
So where is your car now, egg?

Old 04-18-2006, 12:07 AM
eggSF
1st Gear
Originally Posted by bobdobbs
So where is your car now, egg?
bobdobbs, according to sailwx...it's still somewhere just south of Newfoundland, aboard the Manon. Strangest thing, it hasn't updated in 2 days, and barely covered any distance on the last charted date (Saturday), although it is due into NJ tomorow (Tuesday)...so i'm hoping it touches land soon. Then the long wait for the trip across the country to the Bay Area...hoping it gets here in one piece! Otherwise it's just sort of floating there...just east of Nova Scotia...drifting...

Old 04-18-2006, 05:54 AM
snoogie
2nd Gear
My MA called yesterday to finalize the dealer options and said she was hoping to have me in the car a week from Saturday (4/29).

sailwx seems to be down this am however...

-g

Old 04-18-2006, 05:59 AM
Elfkin1024
2nd Gear
So get this one....

I was booked for the Integrity. My car has been sitting at South Hampton since the 7th. My MA told me yesterday that it'll be arriving in SC on the 23rd... if she's jerking me around I'm going to be really angry.

So just because I don't believe anything that car salespeople tell me, I checked the WW website and it says that my car is now booked on Freedom and won't be leaving until the 21st... meaning it will arrive in SC on the 6th. This is a load of BS! Why should my car be sitting at the port from the 7th until the 21st... yet people who were in production AFTER me are already sailing?!?? I'm not very happy right now.

Old 04-18-2006, 06:08 AM
Flankmank
2nd Gear
That really sucks!

Originally Posted by Elfkin1024
So just because I don't believe anything that car salespeople tell me, I checked the WW website and it says that my car is now booked on Freedom and won't be leaving until the 21st... meaning it will arrive in SC on the 6th. This is a load of BS! Why should my car be sitting at the port from the 7th until the 21st... yet people who were in production AFTER me are already sailing?!?? I'm not very happy right now.
So sorry to hear that - it doesn't make any sense?? Did you have anything special on your baby?

Old 04-18-2006, 06:15 AM
Elfkin1024
2nd Gear
Well, everything is "special" on the Mini. But heck, nothing too crazy. All I got was:
MCS - Dark Silver/Black
Black Leather Interior
Sport Package
Convenience Package (minus the auto AC)
Cold Weather Package
Chrome Line Interior
Chrome Line Exterior
and a stinkin Armrest

I'm not sure WHY it would sit at the port for this long! I'm just trying to figure out what's going on here. It's either the website is wrong (but it seems to be pretty accurate) or my MA is giving me the run around so I don't flip out.

Originally Posted by Flankmank
So sorry to hear that - it doesn't make any sense?? Did you have anything special on your baby?

Old 04-18-2006, 06:22 AM
Elfkin1024
2nd Gear
LUCKY! Wish I were in your shoes! But congrats -that's really exciting!

Originally Posted by snoogie
My MA called yesterday to finalize the dealer options and said she was hoping to have me in the car a week from Saturday (4/29).

-g

Old 04-18-2006, 06:24 AM
Flankmank
2nd Gear
Hmmm

Originally Posted by Elfkin1024
Well, everything is "special" on the Mini. But heck, nothing too crazy. All I got was:
MCS - Dark Silver/Black
Black Leather Interior
Sport Package
Convenience Package (minus the auto AC)
Cold Weather Package
Chrome Line Interior
Chrome Line Exterior
and a stinkin Armrest

I'm not sure WHY it would sit at the port for this long! I'm just trying to figure out what's going on here. It's either the website is wrong (but it seems to be pretty accurate) or my MA is giving me the run around so I don't flip out.
its crazy. I almost wonder if there is something to do with the dealerships in the way they load the cars. It makes no sense....Hopefully the WW site is wrong and you are on the Manon.

Old 04-18-2006, 07:02 AM
Elfkin1024
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Flankmank
its crazy. I almost wonder if there is something to do with the dealerships in the way they load the cars. It makes no sense....Hopefully the WW site is wrong and you are on the Manon.
Who knows? Anyone know anything about this?

Old 04-18-2006, 07:39 AM
Suzanne's Chili Red S
4th Gear
Hmmm...now I'm confused! I was booked on the Integrity but missed the boat. Now the WW shpping site doesn't recognize my VIN and I'm no longer listed on my original bookiing number. What could have happened? :(

Old 04-18-2006, 07:45 AM
Mini_Bar
1st Gear
Okay I am kinda freaked out now. I have been looking at the w&w site since the 6th and it's been telling me that I am on the integrity. I checked the site today, but now I am on the Freedom. What is going on? If this is true it is going to take way longer fir me to get my car. On top of that my current car is in pretty bad shape so I have been taking cabs everywhere.(not cheap) Has this happened to anyone else?

Old 04-18-2006, 08:07 AM
rpterson
4th Gear
Hi everyone,

It's not unusual to be bumped from one ship to another. It's frustrating I know, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason why the cars get loaded the way they do, but you're not alone. Just read the FAQs about tracking and you'll see the same thing: bump bump bump or hurry up and wait.

Hang in there, it WILL be worth the wait.

SkateMom

Old 04-18-2006, 08:11 AM
rpterson
4th Gear
Originally Posted by snoogie

-g
At least she's given you an ETA. If you're in the general vacinity of Charleston (not 530 miles north) and you're expecting a 4/29 delivery pushes my delivery into May I'm hoping it doesn't take long to get from Charleston to Mentor. I'm still hoping to make it to MOTD.

SkateMom

Old 04-18-2006, 08:28 AM
Flankmank
2nd Gear
miniusa status?

Does anyone know at what point the estimated delivery date shows up in the source code on the miniusa site?

Old 04-18-2006, 09:44 AM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
Mine showed up while the Liberty was half-way across the ocean.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Elfkin1024
2nd Gear
Sorry to see all of you squirming the way I have been. I guess I'm not the only one dealing with this. It sucks looking at the Week 15 and seeing that they're already on a boat... and we're still sitting in South Hampton. Shucks.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:06 AM
Elfkin1024
2nd Gear
Same EXACT thing happened to me. Awful, isn't it?

Originally Posted by Mini_Bar
Okay I am kinda freaked out now. I have been looking at the w&w site since the 6th and it's been telling me that I am on the integrity. I checked the site today, but now I am on the Freedom. What is going on? If this is true it is going to take way longer fir me to get my car. On top of that my current car is in pretty bad shape so I have been taking cabs everywhere.(not cheap) Has this happened to anyone else?

Quick Reply: Production Week 14 Support Group