1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 14 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 08:04 AM
SkateMom
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elfin and Claancy, congratulations! What a great day for both of you! Your car is sooo shiny Clancy! Don't you love the way it's on the showroom floor like a celebrity?

So how many miles did you put on in 5 hours Elfkin? Can't wait to see pictures.

Oh happy day....

Old 05-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Elfkin1024
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by SkateMom
Elfin and Claancy, congratulations! What a great day for both of you! Your car is sooo shiny Clancy! Don't you love the way it's on the showroom floor like a celebrity?

So how many miles did you put on in 5 hours Elfkin? Can't wait to see pictures.

Oh happy day....

Ya know what? I'm not sure how many miles. I live in the city... so even though I was driving a long time, I didn't go very far! Haha! I will post pictures. I took some yesterday but the camera was on the wrong setting and they looked blurry. Plus, it was gloomy and rainy! Hopefully today will be nice! I can't wait to cruise around with that beautiful sunroof open!!!

Old 05-02-2006, 07:33 PM
snoogie
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Elfkin1024
Ya know what? I'm not sure how many miles. I live in the city... so even though I was driving a long time, I didn't go very far! Haha! I will post pictures. I took some yesterday but the camera was on the wrong setting and they looked blurry. Plus, it was gloomy and rainy! Hopefully today will be nice! I can't wait to cruise around with that beautiful sunroof open!!!
Congrats Elfkin!!,
I'm up to 235 miles since Saturday am...mostly with the sunroof open. Lovin' it

Skatemom, hurry up and get that MINI!

The pollen and dust has really collected on my car just since Saturday. I'm starting to see why people wash their MINIs every 3 days.

Old 05-03-2006, 07:24 AM
Elfkin1024
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by snoogie
Congrats Elfkin!!,
I'm up to 235 miles since Saturday am...mostly with the sunroof open. Lovin' it

Skatemom, hurry up and get that MINI!

The pollen and dust has really collected on my car just since Saturday. I'm starting to see why people wash their MINIs every 3 days.
Thanks Snoogie!!

It has been raining a lot here lately so I still have yet to wash my car. Oh yeah, I guess it has only been two days! The brake dust is out of control on these cars! Looks like I'll be using detailer on the wheels almost every other day to prevent that stuff from building up. Yuck! Other than that, I'm very happy with the car and I look forward to giving it a nice wash tomorrow (since it's supposed to storm tonight)!

Congrats on your Mini snoogie! Sounds like you're enjoying it!

I'm still in the hundreds but I'm sure it'll be up there since everyone I work with wants a ride in it! I'm really excited about it. It's my first "new" car... and... it's a MINI! How lucky can a girl be?

Oh and I figured I'd throw this in... I almost got into an accident yesterday. Some girl in a huge SUV thought she was the only person on the road, I guess. She tried to change lanes into me. Luckily I had no problem finding the horn and manuevering out of her way... or I might've been toast! Scary!

So - has everyone except for Skate Mom already taken delivery? Is anyone else still waiting?

Old 05-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Flankmank
2nd Gear
I am so jealous of you all!

I can't wait for Saturday! So I can join all of you motorin' fools

Old 05-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Elfkin1024
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Flankmank
Hahahahaha, I bet you can't! It's great!

Old 05-03-2006, 02:45 PM
snoogie
2nd Gear
Thanks Snoogie!!
The brake dust is out of control on these cars! Looks like I'll be using detailer on the wheels almost every other day to prevent that stuff from building up.
Yes, I'm having the same issue...already wiped them down once. I'm trying to go easier on the brakes and also hoping that once the pads get settled in it'll be a little better.

everyone I work with wants a ride in it! I'm really excited about it. It's my first "new" car... and... it's a MINI!
Me too! I'm now the one driving at lunch (no one wanted to ride in the pickup for some reason).

Oh and I figured I'd throw this in... I almost got into an accident yesterday. Some girl in a huge SUV thought she was the only person on the road, I guess. She tried to change lanes into me. Luckily I had no problem finding the horn and manuevering out of her way... or I might've been toast! Scary!
Wow..glad you're ok.
-g

Old 05-03-2006, 05:50 PM
claancy
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My baby is bleeding!

Well, tonight was my first chance to go motoring in my new MINI. Monday and Tuesday night, I was busy showing it off to my friends.
After work today, the weather was beautiful, so I rolled down the windows and set off for nowhere in particular. A while later, I hear a "thunk" sound from the front left of the car. I didn't think I hit anything, and didn't see anything in my rearview mirror, so I kept going. Everything seemed fine, until I went to make a turn.....and it took a TON of effort....I must have lost the power steering! I came home, and noticed a nice trail of drips where I drove on my driveway, and it's definitely hydraulic fluid. Unfortunately, Classic's service department was already closed, so I guess I'll be taking it in tomorrow morning. It really sucks to need to get it worked on after just over 200 miles. Thank goodness the dealer's only a few minutes away.

Old 05-03-2006, 07:15 PM
snoogie
2nd Gear
Oh wow claancy, that's sad..just when your getting started motoring. Hope they can fix it quickly.

Keep us posted.

-g

Old 05-04-2006, 12:00 AM
rpterson
4th Gear
SkateMom here...

My last post for a while. I'm catching an early flight and don't know if I'll bring the laptop so I can post on our trip back to CA. By this time tonight me, my buddy Phoebe and my brand new MINI will be soundly sleeping somewhere between Mentor and Frazeyburg Ohio. Going to the Longaberger Basket factory/Homestead Friday morning, then heading to NC and the DRAGON!

I've decided on her name, but I'm gonna wait to post it until I drove her...just to be sure.

Claancy!!!! Oh no. Yours is the fastest power steering failure I've ever heard of. Audrey's went out at 5000 miles, but it didn't leak out onto the ground...it leaked into the boots at the axel ends (? I think) Sure hope I don't have ANY issues with service until I get home. I don't have any time to spare getting home and can't spend a day waiting for service...anywhere.

To everyone who's made this waiting game so tolerable, thank you. It sounds like you are all enjoying your MINIs and I can't wait to get my chance.

A sleepless night ahead...

Old 05-04-2006, 06:21 AM
Elfkin1024
2nd Gear
Claancy! I'm so sorry to hear about your power steering! Yes, please keep us posted and let us know how quickly they're able to get these kinds of things straightened out. I hope they have a courtesy vehicle available for you to drive until you have it back!

Old 05-04-2006, 10:11 AM
claancy
3rd Gear
I took it into Classic's service department this morning for work, and they just called a few minutes ago to let me know what the problem was. They said it's a hose, which they needed to order. They're having it overnighted, so it should be fixed tomorrow.

They did give me a pretty nice loaner - a BRG Cooper Convertible. The weather's been pretty decent, so I've had the top down the couple times I've been out today. I'll let everyone know once I get MY MINI back....hmm, I hope they wash it for me.....

Old 05-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Elfkin1024
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by claancy
I took it into Classic's service department this morning for work, and they just called a few minutes ago to let me know what the problem was. They said it's a hose, which they needed to order. They're having it overnighted, so it should be fixed tomorrow.

They did give me a pretty nice loaner - a BRG Cooper Convertible. The weather's been pretty decent, so I've had the top down the couple times I've been out today. I'll let everyone know once I get MY MINI back....hmm, I hope they wash it for me.....
At least you were able to get a loaner! So sorry that happened to you!

Old 05-04-2006, 04:04 PM
bar 1
1st Gear
i know i haven't posted in awhile, but i've been keeping up w/ you guys... i'm hopefully taking delivery on Sat (2 days!), but i couldn't get ahold of a Classic MA today. That's the day that the Owner's Lounge says is estimated delivery date; how many of you actually took delivery on that date? I can't wait any longer to get my JCW!!!

So sorry claancy; hopefully your only issue for a long while

Old 05-04-2006, 04:31 PM
bar 1
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Flankmank
maybe i'll see you there!

Old 05-06-2006, 11:28 PM
cooldude7
2nd Gear
Hello everyone,
I am suppost to be in week 11 production... however, my mini still haven't arrive yet. The OL first estimate my MINI to get here on 4/27.. then 5/4 then 5/13. I just wonder have anyone have this problem? I am in south california and i order my MINI from BOB SMITH.

Old 05-07-2006, 09:23 AM
Elfkin1024
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by cooldude7
Hello everyone,
I am suppost to be in week 11 production... however, my mini still haven't arrive yet. The OL first estimate my MINI to get here on 4/27.. then 5/4 then 5/13. I just wonder have anyone have this problem? I am in south california and i order my MINI from BOB SMITH.
Some people experience those problems- especially when coming to Cali. I'd call your MA and ask him - he has different tracking capabilities. He can tell you if it has been loaded on a truck yet or not. Did you get the name of the ship you're sailing on? Do you have any of that info?

Old 05-07-2006, 08:08 PM
cooldude7
2nd Gear
Some people experience those problems- especially when coming to Cali. I'd call your MA and ask him - he has different tracking capabilities. He can tell you if it has been loaded on a truck yet or not. Did you get the name of the ship you're sailing on? Do you have any of that info?
I did talked to her.. but she said he hasn't loaded on to the truck yet. she said, it's end of april... they are busy because they have lot of cars to deal w/. i didnt get the name of the ship... she didn't tell me.. but she told me my MINI dock on the 23rd. all she is telling me is that the car hasn't loaded on to the truck and will let me know. i am so curious why are some people who ordered the car after me but got the car already. do you by any chance know why?

Old 05-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Elfkin1024
2nd Gear
I did talked to her.. but she said he hasn't loaded on to the truck yet. she said, it's end of april... they are busy because they have lot of cars to deal w/. i didnt get the name of the ship... she didn't tell me.. but she told me my MINI dock on the 23rd. all she is telling me is that the car hasn't loaded on to the truck and will let me know. i am so curious why are some people who ordered the car after me but got the car already. do you by any chance know why?
Cooldude - Have you already checked the W&W website to see if your VIN was booked on any of those ships? Your MA should be able to give you the name of the shipping line and ship that your car is coming across on. Part of the reason why your car may be taking longer than people in the same production week could be that they live on the east coast and you live on the west coast.

Old 05-08-2006, 10:52 AM
cooldude7
2nd Gear
Elfkin, W&W website? I haven't Can you send me that sigte. I asked her, but she told me to look it up in the OL. She doesnt seems to know what we could see in OL. Anyway, she was unable to tell me the shipping info.

Old 05-09-2006, 06:58 AM
Elfkin1024
2nd Gear
Elfkin, W&W website? I haven't Can you send me that sigte. I asked her, but she told me to look it up in the OL. She doesnt seems to know what we could see in OL. Anyway, she was unable to tell me the shipping info.
Cooldude - go here: http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTrac...trackType=Auto
You may need to click refresh if there's an error loading the page. Put in your VIN number (you can find this number in the owners lounge. If nothing is appearing in your order details, click on view order details and then go to View Source and you will be able to find the VIN number in there.) Once you put in the VIN number it will be able to track the auto if it's on that shipping line. I'm not sure if cars traveling to the West Coast are normally put on the W&W shipping line but if it is there, it will show up. Your MA will always have more information than the owner's lounge. She should be able to look up your VIN or Production order and tell you where it's at - whether it's on a ship and all that good business. You may want to call her back and ask her to please check again because everyone else is able to receive more information on the status of their vehicles than she has provided you.

Old 05-09-2006, 10:47 AM
claancy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by bar 1
So sorry claancy; hopefully your only issue for a long while
I picked up my MCS on Friday and the MINI service guy said that they'd never seen that issue before (a hose in the power steering system let go) and that it must've been a manufacturing defect. I drove to Columbus on Friday evening to visit a friend of mine there, and came back on Sunday, all without issue. I really love this car.

Old 05-09-2006, 11:16 AM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
claancy, did you check to see if power-steering fluid got on your engine bay paint anywhere? It's corrosive, and eats paint, although it might not be an issue with the new paints MINI uses on their cars.

p.s., I still don't have my car yet -- should be here the 5/21 or so. ;-(

Old 05-09-2006, 03:35 PM
claancy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by bobdobbs
claancy, did you check to see if power-steering fluid got on your engine bay paint anywhere? It's corrosive, and eats paint, although it might not be an issue with the new paints MINI uses on their cars.

p.s., I still don't have my car yet -- should be here the 5/21 or so. ;-(
If any did get on the paint, it's not anywhere that I can see it. When I first noticed that it was leaking, I could see that it had leaked, but not where the leak was actually coming from.

The closer it gets, the harder the waiting, huh? Not too much longer now...you'll be motoring soon!

Old 05-10-2006, 08:51 AM
bar 1
1st Gear
Originally Posted by claancy
I drove to Columbus on Friday evening to visit a friend of mine there, and came back on Sunday, all without issue.
Good! nice that you got a loaner too. well i finally made the "at your dealer" bullet on the OL site... waiting patiently by the phone!!

[quote=claancy]The closer it gets, the harder the waiting, huh?[\quote]

no doubt!
i am about 3 days past the estimated date of delivery. how far past did you and elfkin go?

Quick Reply: Production Week 14 Support Group