1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 14 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 12:53 PM
snoogie
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by claancy
I picked up my MCS on Friday and the MINI service guy said that they'd never seen that issue before (a hose in the power steering system let go) and that it must've been a manufacturing defect. I drove to Columbus on Friday evening to visit a friend of mine there, and came back on Sunday, all without issue. I really love this car.
Glad you got your car back and its working fine. I've just passed 900 miles on mine today and the more I drive it the more I love it.

Old 05-10-2006, 04:03 PM
claancy
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bar 1
Good! nice that you got a loaner too. well i finally made the "at your dealer" bullet on the OL site... waiting patiently by the phone!!

no doubt!
i am about 3 days past the estimated date of delivery. how far past did you and elfkin go?
My original estimated delivery date was April 29th, a Saturday. I picked up my MCS on May 1st, the following Monday. I don't think that the OL said "at your dealer" until Tuesday or Wednesday.

Old 05-10-2006, 09:44 PM
cooldude7
2nd Gear
Elfkin,

Thanks so much for your info. However, I was unable to track my car. I
enter my vin number in the cargo id box and it display "No tracking
information is available for the Cargo ID you entered" . Did i do it right?
Also, I left my MA a message and ask her about the name of the ship.
hopefully, she'll be able to get back to me. even if i know the name of the
ship, is this info useful since she told me the car docked already?

Old 05-11-2006, 07:25 AM
Elfkin1024
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by cooldude7
Elfkin,

Thanks so much for your info. However, I was unable to track my car. I
enter my vin number in the cargo id box and it display "No tracking
information is available for the Cargo ID you entered" . Did i do it right?
Also, I left my MA a message and ask her about the name of the ship.
hopefully, she'll be able to get back to me. even if i know the name of the
ship, is this info useful since she told me the car docked already?
Well, hey, if it already docked... the next piece of information you'll want to know is when it was put on a truck. Your MA will be able to tell you that anyway. The only reason the ship name would've been useful is if you wanted to know if someone was pulling your leg and telling you something just to make you happy. At any rate, if the ship docked, your mini should be getting onto a truck within a few days thereafter.

As far as checking your cargo ID - I'd be willing to bet that you weren't on the W&W shipping line - especially because you're going to the west coast. The person who has the most info from here on out will be your MA. Email her and bug her - haha, we all do it!

Old 05-11-2006, 08:36 AM
cooldude7
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Elfkin1024
Well, hey, if it already docked... the next piece of information you'll want to know is when it was put on a truck. Your MA will be able to tell you that anyway. The only reason the ship name would've been useful is if you wanted to know if someone was pulling your leg and telling you something just to make you happy. At any rate, if the ship docked, your mini should be getting onto a truck within a few days thereafter.

As far as checking your cargo ID - I'd be willing to bet that you weren't on the W&W shipping line - especially because you're going to the west coast. The person who has the most info from here on out will be your MA. Email her and bug her - haha, we all do it!
.. she haven't got back to me since i left her a message couple days ago... i really wonder what's going on. therefore, i still havent get the ship info. she have been telling me that the car is waiting to be load on the truck since the 27th of april... and 2 weeks went by... car still hasn't come... could it be possible that it stay in the distribution center for that loooong?

Old 05-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Elfkin1024
2nd Gear
.. she haven't got back to me since i left her a message couple days ago... i really wonder what's going on. therefore, i still havent get the ship info. she have been telling me that the car is waiting to be load on the truck since the 27th of april... and 2 weeks went by... car still hasn't come... could it be possible that it stay in the distribution center for that loooong?
Anything is possible. I'd either hang tight or shoot her an email or give her another call. Heck, if you live close enough, you could just stop in and see what's up. She should be able to give you some more information though.

Old 05-11-2006, 06:34 PM
wildfamily
3rd Gear
The Purple People Eater has arrived. She came in to Northwest Mini on Monday (after a quick trip up from Port). The ship came in May 5th, and the car was at the dealer by the 8th on Monday! Her are first pictures (our MA took them for us..we haven't been there yet) are posted out on our gallery. I'd post them here but can't figure out how.

We will be picking her up on Saturday morning! Can't Wait!

Old 05-11-2006, 06:50 PM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Beautiful! Congrats.

Old 05-11-2006, 06:59 PM
wildfamily
3rd Gear

Here we go...with a picture. Check out the rest in the gallery. I'll try to post some new ones Saturday with the top down after we pick her up.

Old 05-13-2006, 09:42 AM
cooldude7
2nd Gear
This buy process is rediculous... they again postpond the expecting date. I don't think I am going to get any more info from my MA. On thrusday, she told me she'll call the port.. and ask them what's up w/ my car... it is unusual that the car will stay in the port for 2 weeks. than On friday, she told me the port is busy dealling w/ other cars and phone call, they can't track any 1 car. She even told me to let her know if i want to cancel my order. and told me i got such a deal... and she's sure that she won't have any problem selling the car.

Old 05-13-2006, 06:55 PM
snoogie
2nd Gear
This buy process is rediculous... they again postpond the expecting date. I don't think I am going to get any more info from my MA. On thrusday, she told me she'll call the port.. and ask them what's up w/ my car... it is unusual that the car will stay in the port for 2 weeks. than On friday, she told me the port is busy dealling w/ other cars and phone call, they can't track any 1 car. She even told me to let her know if i want to cancel my order. and told me i got such a deal... and she's sure that she won't have any problem selling the car.
Sounds like its time to go to her boss. It seems like you are not getting a straight story...so I'd recommend going up the dealership chain of command till you find someone who can get you an answer.

-g

Old 05-14-2006, 03:41 PM
airjun
1st Gear
So I picked up my baby on Thursday. Sorry I havent posted an update, Ive been out motoring aorund alot. That and finals this week. Heres a pic

Old 05-15-2006, 06:30 AM
Elfkin1024
2nd Gear

I agree with Snoogie on that one. There's no way I'd take that BS from her. That's so awful. You need to let the GM know that she basically just told you that she doesn't care if she keeps your business and makes you happy. That is a big NO NO in any kind of sales business. I honestly can't even believe she said that and I'd be really angry if I were you. She needs to understand that you're frustrated... and she also needs to understand that most Mini owners out there know exactly where their car is at all times (except for when it's crossing the ocean and when it's on the truck). Other than that, we know. This girl sounds like an idiot and you need to go to a higher level. Please let us know what happens.

Oh and congrats to everyone who has recently picked up their cars!

Old 05-15-2006, 08:56 AM
SkateMom
1st Gear
Well, I'm really late posting aren't I? I picked up my MINI 10 days ago (5/4) and she was all gleaming and shiny on the showroom floor at Classic. I decided on the name Calla Lily because saw a beautiful deep purple Calla Lily and it fit perfectly. My motoring buddy, Phoebe, and I started south towards the Longaberger Basket factory and Homestead. After making baskets and doing lots of shopping we headed to NC to the Dragon. With 830 miles on the odometer, we arrived at the Dragon. We didn't stay long because we had no lodging in the area. We managed to make 3 runs on the Dragon, visited with some old friends and met some new ones. We headed out to the west as we needed to be home by Tuesday evening (5/9) Arriving home in California, Lily had 3,162 miles on her! She had a great break-in! The next day I washed all the bugs and dirt off her. That night my hubby and I installed her iPod interface and driver's side euro parcel shelf. On Thursday I had her windows tinted and on Friday we actually did nothing! Saturday though it was back on the road for a nice long run on more twisties with SCMM through San Diego county. By this time Lily need another bath as she had more bugs on her (gotta love spring). So Sunday (yesterday) I spent nearly the entire day washing, claybarring, washing again and then putting 3 coats of Zaino polish on her. Now she's really shiny. The Purple Haze is a very complex metallic with deep blue and purple metal flake. Sometimes it looks blue but if you move just a bit left or right, the purple really stands out. The deep richness of this color really stands out now after the Zaino. I'm liking the color more and more, every time I look at her!

So now after having her only 10 days she has 3,500 miles on her! Yikes! At least she won't be adding miles at that rate anymore

Sorry this is so long, but I just had to share. Here are a few pictures.

SkateMom

Attached Thumbnails Production Week 14  Support Group-dsc01019-1m.jpg   Production Week 14  Support Group-dsc01029-1m.jpg   Production Week 14  Support Group-dsc01050-1m-basket-making.jpg  
Old 05-15-2006, 12:55 PM
wildfamily
3rd Gear
Anybody attempt to remove that ugly airbag warning sticker on the dashboard? Does it peel right off or will I make a mess of it if I try? I thought I'd check to see if anybody else has been succesful before trying. Thanks.

Old 05-15-2006, 03:49 PM
airjun
1st Gear
just rip it off

Old 05-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Elfkin1024
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by wildfamily
Anybody attempt to remove that ugly airbag warning sticker on the dashboard? Does it peel right off or will I make a mess of it if I try? I thought I'd check to see if anybody else has been succesful before trying. Thanks.
wildfamily - it peels off rather easily. I had no issues with it.

Old 05-15-2006, 07:19 PM
snoogie
2nd Gear
Sounds like you had a great trip SkateMom. Glad you arrived home safely...and had a fun time. I have 1,145 miles on my MINI..almost broken in in a little over two weeks.

Yes, we just pulled the airbag sticker right off..no problems.

-g

Old 05-15-2006, 07:29 PM
wildfamily
3rd Gear
Airbag sticker is a goner. Thanks.

Old 05-16-2006, 04:52 PM
cooldude7
2nd Gear
new update over here... i still havent get my car yet. the manager actually was out of town for vacation. he finally came back today...and he told me that my car will come either today or tomorrow. since it's already 5pm over here... i doubt that i will get the car today... let see if my car really come tomorrow

Old 05-17-2006, 07:29 AM
Elfkin1024
2nd Gear
new update over here... i still havent get my car yet. the manager actually was out of town for vacation. he finally came back today...and he told me that my car will come either today or tomorrow. since it's already 5pm over here... i doubt that i will get the car today... let see if my car really come tomorrow
Good luck cooldude. I hope it comes today! Let us know how it goes and also, let us know how the manager deals with the way your MA treated you.

Old 05-17-2006, 09:22 PM
cooldude7
2nd Gear
i didnt' report it to the manager... the manager was not too much good service either... and i still have not got my car yet. they told me today that my car's airbag sensor went off when they loaded the car on the truck so they unload it and replace the sensor. and they said the port doesn't have the sensor in stock. therefore, i'll have to wait longer. in OL, they are showing that the estimate date on 5/26. my car got to the distribution center on 4/25. another word, the car will stay in the distribution center for a month... have you guys heard anything like this? have anyone actually wait for that long as me?

Old 05-18-2006, 11:49 PM
eggSF
1st Gear
OMGOMGOMG...My car was supposed to arrive this Sunday and I got the call today that it had arrived. I wasn't expecting it so soon! Left work in an instant, got on BART and picked it up..I've been driving my car for the last 8 hours...in and around town, across the bridge...i love this car! Picked it up from the Tow shop that had 2 other Minis to deliver to others in the Bay Area from the Hamptons. Bobdobbs, I think your car was one of them, a PW/B with tartan red? There was also a gorgeous astro black/astro black with English Leather. Aside from being super dusty, car is in great shape... I can't stop smiling! Wasn't sure i'd like the silver roof on the dark silver since i'd never seen it in person, but i absolutely love it!

Attached Thumbnails Production Week 14  Support Group-mini002.jpg   Production Week 14  Support Group-mini001.jpg   Production Week 14  Support Group-mini003.jpg  
Old 05-19-2006, 03:02 AM
snoogie
2nd Gear
eggSF, glad you got your car...that's cool that it came early. The more I drive mine the more I love it...its now officially broken in and it continues to get smoother and drive better and better. -g

Old 05-19-2006, 05:07 PM
claancy
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wildfamily
Airbag sticker is a goner. Thanks.
Getting the airbag sticker off the dash is easy. The real fun comes when removing the airbag warnings from the sun visors. I did that a couple days ago, and it turned out pretty good. No more stupid-looking stickers!

Quick Reply: Production Week 14 Support Group