1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 14 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 08:57 PM
airjun
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, all 3 of our cars are getting painted the same color together and getting on the same boat together.......wow.

Old 04-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Airjun...I'm goin' to be RG baby! I HAVE a PW currently...I'll always have love for PW!

Old 04-01-2006, 09:01 PM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
That would suck if they ran out of PW paint.

Old 04-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Originally Posted by bobdobbs
That would suck if they ran out of PW paint.
Well since its one out of only two remaining NON-metallic colors...it would be another way to milk an extra $450 out of you! And since you're to the point where you just want your car...heres the scenario:

MINI Factory: "Bob, look were bloody sorry man, but you don't have any more PW, our supplier went out of business"

Bob: "What!?!? %$&#($^ Okay, okay, so what do I do NOW? I'm waiting for my MINI! "

MINI Factory: "Well, what color do you want instead? DS I'm sure...everyone loves Dark Silver! "

Bob: "Do I have to pay the extra $450 for metallic paint even though its MINIs screwup?"

MINI Factory: "Bloody yes! What do you think were doing here, charity? :impatient"

Old 04-01-2006, 09:41 PM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
Hahahaha!

I think I'd have to go for Royal Grey as my second choice.

But I'm not paying for it.

Old 04-02-2006, 09:23 AM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Ssshhh....!

Ssh...I stole this from the Week 13ers...let's hop on the bandwagon, shall we?

Who
: Suzannne

Car: 2006 RG/RG MCS

Car Name: Unknown @ this time

Spec: Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, LSD, Xenons, Front & Rear Fogs, Anthracite Headliner & Dash, Black Leatherette, Chrome Line Int., 16" V-spokes

Ordered Date: 3/13/06

Built on Date: 4/3/06

Shipped Date: 4/7/2006

Delivery Date:

Vessel Name / Departure Date: Orion Leader - 4/11/2006 @ 11:30pm to arrive at Port Hueneme - May 5th (estimated)

Port of Delivery: Port Hueneme, CA to Long Beach MINI

Miles at delivery:

Breakin complete Date:

------------------------------------
copy and paste above!

I would love to have everyone in our group post the same info so that we can celebrate everyones delivery....

Old 04-03-2006, 05:16 AM
boarder054
3rd Gear
Who: Peter

Car: 2006 HB/B MCS

Car Name: Unknown @ this time ( ME EITHER! )

Spec: Cold weather, Sport pkg, Premium pkg, LSD, Rear fog lamp, Chrome interior, Hyper blue dash, Center arm rest, Anthracite, Chrono pack, H/K, Aero kit, HB Shift ****, Serius Radio, and the Secuirty system

Ordered Date: 3/17/06

Built on Date: 4/3/06 (But ASKMINI claimed it entered the factory on 3/31 )

Shipped Date: SOON I HOPE

Delivery Date: NOT SOON ENOUGH

Vessel Name / Departure Date:

Port of Delivery: Dont know the name but the New Jersey one!

Miles at delivery:

Breakin complete Date:

Old 04-03-2006, 10:08 AM
rpterson
4th Gear
Who: Brigett

Car: 2006 PH/W MCS

Car Name: Unknown @ this time ( ME EITHER! )

Spec: Sport pkg, LSD, Alloy Patina, HK, Manual AC, Black/Grey Leatherette

Ordered Date: 2/28/06

Built on Date: 4/2/06

Port of Delivery: New Jersey NEAT (New England Auto Terminal)

Miles at delivery:

Breakin complete Date:

Old 04-03-2006, 05:54 PM
wildfamily
3rd Gear
Purple Haze MCSC

Hi gang,

I think I'm in the same group and you all. I just contacted Ask Mini and our Purple Haze Convertible S is due to be completed on April 7th! I'm so jazzed! Originally when we ordered on Jan 1st were were not going to take delivery until October! A few weeks ago our MA told us they got extra allocations (slots) in production and bumped us up to a June delivery! Yahoooooooo!

Old 04-03-2006, 07:59 PM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
huh? An April 7 completion date with a June delivery? And you're happy about that? Something doesn't add up.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Suzannne
4th Gear
More scenarios...

Its all relative Bob, if you were originally told October and then got "bumped" up to June, you'd be happy too...although I suspect the dealer used a little psychological mumbo jumbo there....Here's the scenario:

MA #1: "We'll tell them it won't be delivered until October, and they'll be really sad..."

MA #2: "But we know it'll be here in June if its got April production! That's not very nice to lie to the customer!"

MA #1: "We're not lying...we're just stretching the timeframe...besides, who knows...there COULD be delays til October. Anyway, just think how HAPPY they'll be when it comes in June! We'll get all 5's on the survey! Whooppee!

Old 04-03-2006, 10:32 PM
rpterson
4th Gear
Congrats Wildfamily and welcome! So, tell us all the specs You're already very cool, I can tell because you ordered a purple MINI!!! Hopefully you'll get it before June. If you're on the west coast, June is about right, but if you're east coast, you could be looking more like May. It takes 24 days for those ships to get from Southampton to the US west coast Some folks have found themselves waiting even longer because their cars are sitting on the docks waiting for a ship. I feel bad for them. (And I hope that doesn't happen to me)

Just hang out with all of us and it will make the wait a little more bearable.

SkateMom

Old 04-03-2006, 11:11 PM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Suzannne
Its all relative Bob, if you were originally told October and then got "bumped" up to June, you'd be happy too...
I get the whole under-promise/over-deliver thing, but once a car completes production, it doesn't take 2 months to deliver. 1 month, tops -- and that's if the dealership is in Timbuktu.

Old 04-03-2006, 11:15 PM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Originally Posted by bobdobbs
I get the whole under-promise/over-deliver thing, but once a car completes production, it doesn't take 2 months to deliver. 1 month, tops -- and that's if the dealership is in Timbuktu.
I guess you and I are the guinea pigs on this one Bob...the voyage will take 21 days minimum, if waiting at the port has been extended, that could be however long they decide to take their pleasure cruise into Southampton, and then VDC nonsense! I hope to GOD that's not the case, but maybe that dealer has just learned that overestimating is ALWAYS better, for them anyway.

Old 04-04-2006, 07:12 AM
Suzannne
4th Gear
As of 6:30a today my MCS is being transported to the port of exit! Yay, it actually exists in one piece....albeit its 5,449 miles away!

Old 04-04-2006, 07:25 AM
wildfamily
3rd Gear
Suzanne is right on. I'll take June over October any day. We live in the Northwest (just north of Seattle) and believe me, October is not fun motoring time around here. June will be just right for fun in the sun for the whole (albeit short) summer we have up here is WA.

Cool to meet another PH Mini owner-to-be Suzanne. We almost didn't get purple haze since April was the last month for that color and we had an October delivery date. Found out about the discontinued color about 2 days after we ordered it...but when we got bumped up...boom...purple haze it is!

Specs:

2006 PH MCSC w/black bonnet stripes
heated seats
chrono pack
chrome line interior
anthracite
SMG auto (yes, I know it's lame, but it's really my wife's car and I can't seem to convince her of the fun factor of a 6-speed stick). At least I get the paddle shifters to play with (ala Michael Schumacher)

Old 04-04-2006, 07:32 AM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Wild...I think you must mean SkateMom (rpeterson), shes the one with the PH on order! You guys are goin' a lil too bright for my personal taste...I'm one of those very FEW who like the numerous grays!

Old 04-04-2006, 07:56 AM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Suzannne
As of 6:30a today my MCS is being transported to the port of exit!
Yup, me too! Yippee!

Old 04-04-2006, 09:44 AM
wildfamily
3rd Gear
Oops!

My bad. Skatemom rocks with the Purple Haze. Mini Jimi all the way!

Suzanne...can't say that a Mini looks bad in any color, but up here we have more than enough gray from the clouds. We need the bright colors to keep from getting depressed the 300 days the grey clouds are overhead.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:48 AM
rpterson
4th Gear
Although I already knew this, the automated ASKMINI says my "vehicle is at the port, awaiting a shipping vessel". I hope it doesn't have to wait too long. Back in June 2004 on my hubby's car production was complete on June 19 and was loaded on the Turandot on 6/21. It seems like some of the posts I've been reading have the cars waiting a lot longer at port these days.

SkateMom

Old 04-04-2006, 09:55 AM
rpterson
4th Gear
wildfamily,

Thanks, I agree about the bright colors. They make me smile and I live in sunny So. Cal.

I think the royal grey looks great, but with all the cars here in So. Cal, grey, silver and such seem to blend in with the road and I want to be SEEN. Not that that's a guarantee or anything. Even in our CR/W MINI I've been hit once, nearly squashed by a huge, lifted 4-wheeler truck, and swerved to miss a Hon-duh running a red light right into me. Thank God I was driving a MINI that time cuz I'd never been able to maintian control like I did in any other car.

BTW, what color is your roof? Must be PH if you're getting black stripes. It's gonna look great!

SkateMom

Old 04-04-2006, 01:17 PM
wildfamily
3rd Gear
Actually, we are getting a convertible, so we went with the black top. I don't really planning on driving with the top up anyway...will be our sunny day car for sure. My next project is to find someone to grind down the approach to our garage. We have a steep driveway with that crowns too high as it transitions into the garage. My '04 Mazda 3s scrapes when fully loaded so I'm thinking the Mini will unloaded with the lowere ground clearance...or maybe not since the wheelbase is shorter. Hmmm...maybe I should test drive a used one to the house and see if I can high-center it or not!

Old 04-04-2006, 07:02 PM
claancy
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Who: Phil

Car: 2006 BRG/W MCS

Car Name: Unknown (I'm terrible at coming up with names)

Spec: BRG/W, white bonnet stripes, chrome line exterior, Sport pkg (S-Lites w/performance run-flats), Cold weather pkg, Convenience pkg, rear fog lamp, black leatherette, anthracite dash/headliner, chrome line interior, MFSW, on-board comp., H/K

Ordered Date: 2006-02-22

Built on Date: 2006-04-04

Port of Delivery: Charleston, SC

Miles at delivery:

Breakin complete Date:

Old 04-04-2006, 10:33 PM
o-ron
5th Gear
Originally Posted by wildfamily
Suzanne is right on. I'll take June over October any day. We live in the Northwest (just north of Seattle) and believe me, October is not fun motoring time around here. June will be just right for fun in the sun for the whole (albeit short) summer we have up here is WA.
Me too.. in Seattle. Last I talked to my dealer (northwest mini in fife) my order placed on December 5th would be ready for production in june and at the dealer ready for pick up in late august/ early september!

So I bought from Patrick Mini in Chicago instead. Placed my order about a week ago and today it went to "in production"

Gotta get my deposit back from NWM... (hope they don't hate me!! )

Old 04-05-2006, 06:53 AM
Flankmank
2nd Gear
we called last night

and still scheduled for completion by the 9th!! Yey!! Just in time for the warm weather here in NY. Now we all have to begin trolling the shipping company sites!

Quick Reply: Production Week 14 Support Group