1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 14 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 07:18 AM
wildfamily
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O-ron,

Patrick Mini is doing good business from West Coasters. I've seen several in the area running around here from Patrick. Also have a freind who went that route...she was pleased with how it all worked out. My wife was tempted when she first found out she might miss the PH production runs, but that all worked out in the end. Are you in Seattle? We are up in Lake Stevens. I think I saw another thread that you are trying to unload your Mini Lite rims. What aftermarket rims/tires are you getting?

Old 04-05-2006, 07:19 AM
wildfamily
3rd Gear
Good deal Flankmank. Lucky you being on the E-coast. Much shorter boat ride for your Mini.

Old 04-05-2006, 07:21 AM
wildfamily
3rd Gear
Claancy,

Nice color combo. Can't go wrong with the BRG. That would have been my choice, but since this is my wifes car I didn't have too much to say about it. Then again, she's always the practical one, so her deciding on a Cooper sounded good to me. Plus I talked her into the S-model so that was worth it right there!

Old 04-05-2006, 07:42 AM
Suzannne
4th Gear
The MCS is awaiting release to a ship...he/she is at the port boys and girls! Since the following site is only showing one New York bound NYK Line ship it may be waiting for quite some time...

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/com/smovements.htm

Old 04-05-2006, 08:10 AM
Joeypilot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Mini_Bar
I ordered my mini at Vista Mini on March 3rd. The lounge and ask mini both say that I am on order with no confirmed production date but the "human" told me that I am on for the first week of April. It sure seems like they are taking their time with my car. It's been 3 weeks!!! I sure hope it goes into production soon. I am getting pretty antsy. Has anyone else's car taken this long?
I have been waiting since November!

Old 04-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Flankmank
2nd Gear
HOw do you read this?

Originally Posted by Suzannne
The MCS is awaiting release to a ship...he/she is at the port boys and girls! Since the following site is only showing one New York bound NYK Line ship it may be waiting for quite some time...

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/com/smovements.htm
do you look at departures and look at destinations? This only goes through April 7th as well, right? Sorry stupid questions I am sure.

Old 04-05-2006, 08:41 AM
Flankmank
2nd Gear
hey your car is like ours!!

Originally Posted by Joeypilot
I have been waiting since November!
except ours is a convertable but otherwise very, very similar.

Old 04-05-2006, 08:42 AM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Flank,

It gets updated throughout the day as ships depart and arrive. So if a vessel arrives in Southampton today...it will most likely also be listed on the departure schedule for exit from the port a few days later. I dig it because its not cargo-line specific so it can serve WW and NYK Line voyages.

So I'm just looking out for the next Los Angeles/Port Hueneme bound vessel and hope that I'm on it!

Old 04-05-2006, 08:46 AM
Flankmank
2nd Gear
There are people on the miniusa site that say their car is currently in the paint shop. Any idea how they know that level of detail? Do the nice people at mini tell you that specifically which part of production your baby is in?

Old 04-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Flankmank
2nd Gear
Suzanne...

that's an awesome site. It definitely beats trying to individually search each carrier's site. Our car is scheduled to be completed by Sunday and we're in NY - there seem to be quite a few ships going to NY so hopefully we won't have to wait too long....

Old 04-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Yep, I was told when mine was in the paintshop (4/1) and final assembly (4/3)! And woohoo...we're at Page 3 of the thread, we're so proactive (AKA: neurotic).

Old 04-05-2006, 10:15 AM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
Where is your car now, Suzanne? My car is "at the port waiting for a shipping vessel."

Old 04-05-2006, 10:16 AM
o-ron
5th Gear
do you have to call to get your build date?

Old 04-05-2006, 10:26 AM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
Yes. Call 1-866-ASK-MINI and use the voice response system.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:37 AM
chili-jacc
Neutral
Hi week 14er's. My completion date is also 4-6-06 according to the ASKMINI recording. I'm not sure how accurate that is. I am definitely going crazy with anticipation. It is nice to see other people going through the same thing.

Curt

MCS CR/W stripes

Old 04-05-2006, 11:19 AM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Originally Posted by bobdobbs
Where is your car now, Suzanne? My car is "at the port waiting for a shipping vessel."
Yeah, awaiting a ship indeed! With no NYK ships in sight! Also, for everyone's information, ASK-MINI is utterly helpless when your MINI is waiting to get on a ship, and once on the ship, as they have no information and will only point you to your MA! So save your dialing fingers the extra effort.

I'm actually kind of okay with this because my "tentative buyer" has done a bit of mind changing and I've had to relist my MC for sale. I'm okay with the wait because it means I can focus on getting that taken care of in the mean time.

Old 04-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Originally Posted by chili-jacc
Hi week 14er's. My completion date is also 4-6-06 according to the ASKMINI recording. I'm not sure how accurate that is. I am definitely going crazy with anticipation. It is nice to see other people going through the same thing.
Curt,

Where you posting from and what dealer did you place your order at? We need details man...its what Week 14ers thrive on, our drug of choice, brother!

Old 04-05-2006, 12:29 PM
wildfamily
3rd Gear
JoeyPilot,

Looks like your from my neck of the woods. Wildfamily is from Lake Stevens...will have to keep a look out for the ChiliRed JCW on the road pretty soon. What out for the PurplePeopleEater from LS...

Old 04-05-2006, 01:09 PM
a4blur
1st Gear
Hello week 14'ers. My completion date is 4-8-06 according to the humans at ASKMINI.

-- Ron
JCW DS/B

Old 04-05-2006, 05:44 PM
chili-jacc
Neutral
Originally Posted by Suzannne
Curt,

Where you posting from and what dealer did you place your order at? We need details man...its what Week 14ers thrive on, our drug of choice, brother!

I placed my order the 1st week of March (around the 3rd I think). I am fifty miles outside of Detroit so I ordered from Motor City Mini. I try to stay occupied with work and family to keep from constantly checking the owner's lounge for a production update but it is difficult. As Spring finally arrives here in Michigan, the wait becomes more and more excruciating. Help! I understand what everyone here is going through.

Curt

'06 MCS cr/w stripes production date 4-6-06
due at dealer 1st week of April

Old 04-05-2006, 06:15 PM
wildfamily
3rd Gear
Yahoo! Mine is in the paintshop and still on target for 4/7 completion. 866-MINI is definitely updated much quicker than the Owner's Lounge.

Old 04-05-2006, 06:35 PM
claancy
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wildfamily
Claancy,

Nice color combo. Can't go wrong with the BRG. That would have been my choice, but since this is my wifes car I didn't have too much to say about it. Then again, she's always the practical one, so her deciding on a Cooper sounded good to me. Plus I talked her into the S-model so that was worth it right there!
I really love the combination of BRG and white. I've wanted a car in British Racing Green for, well, as long as I can remember....I've always been fixated on British cars, probably because of Mom's Triumph (even though it was broken more often than not ). Even though there are so many nice colors, the choice was a no-brainer when I ordered mine.

I see that you're getting Purple Haze... although I wouldn't choose it myself, it really is a nice color. There was one in the showroom the last time I visited Classic MINI, and I think it looks a lot nicer in person than in any of the photos I've seen.

Have fun waiting.... (I know I sure am... )

Old 04-06-2006, 07:20 AM
Elfkin1024
2nd Gear
Who: Tifanie

Car: 2006 DS/Black Cooper S

Car Name: I can't name it until I see it

Spec: Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package (minus the auto A/C), Center Arm Rest, Chrome Line Interior, Chrome Line Exterior, Black Leather

Ordered Date: 3/18/06

Built on Date: 4/06/06 (but I called this morning and production is already complete)

Shipped Date: No information at this time

Delivery Date: No information at this time

Vessel Name / Departure Date: No info

Port of Delivery: How do I find this out?

Miles at delivery: I'll let you know when I get it!

Breakin complete Date: ASAP!!

Old 04-06-2006, 08:48 AM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Okay, update...in two words, the NYK office personel suck. I've called the Southampton & London offices and been hung up on once when I was "holding" for information and twice when being transferred from one person to another. Seriously, how hard is it to be able to access a shipping schedule? Why can't they follow WW's lead in terms of site accessibility?

I think this the universe telling me to go back to life and wait until the MCS hits the waters of the Pacific Ocean. Fine universe, you've got me.

Old 04-06-2006, 09:59 AM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
Sorry to hear you're still in limbo, Suzanne.

My VIN now shows up on the WW website. I'm booked on the Liberty, departing tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Production Week 14 Support Group