1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 14 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 10:17 AM
rpterson
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woooo Hoooo! My VIN now shows up as well. I'm also booked on the Liberty. It may get to Classic in time for me to drive it south and do THE DRAGON! Wouldn't that be cool? A brand new MINI on the Dragon for it's 1st run!!! I guess I should register, just in case it works out

Suzanne, so sorry you're still in limbo. That's the thing about a west coast delivery. Sending purple MINI vibes that you'll get some info soon

Old 04-06-2006, 03:48 PM
airjun
1st Gear
At least yours is waiting at the Port. Ask MINI says mine is still waiting transport to the port of exit.

Old 04-06-2006, 04:07 PM
claancy
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Woohoo! My MCS is also booked on the Liberty! Here's to a swift voyage!

Old 04-06-2006, 04:11 PM
claancy
3rd Gear
Now, why isn't my signature showing up?

EDIT: Now it's working.

Old 04-06-2006, 05:14 PM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
I'm amazed: The Liberty is due to arrive tomorrow morning, 7:30, and depart 7 pm. It takes less than 12 hours to load up all the MINIs, and get the ship outta there?

Old 04-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Originally Posted by rpterson
Suzanne, so sorry you're still in limbo. That's the thing about a west coast delivery. Sending purple MINI vibes that you'll get some info soon
SkateMom,

No worries...I actually was able to get a hold of someone at NYK in Los Angeles this afternoon and as soon as my MCS gets assigned to a ship and I get the bill of lading information I can call them and they can give me details of the voyage anytime. I just have to wait for that to happen!

Old 04-06-2006, 06:51 PM
rpterson
4th Gear
Originally Posted by claancy
Woohoo! My MCS is also booked on the Liberty! Here's to a swift voyage!
Here here! *clink*

Old 04-06-2006, 06:54 PM
rpterson
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Suzannne
SkateMom,

No worries...I actually was able to get a hold of someone at NYK in Los Angeles this afternoon and as soon as my MCS gets assigned to a ship and I get the bill of lading information I can call them and they can give me details of the voyage anytime. I just have to wait for that to happen!
I guess you get the B of L # from your MA? If NYK is gonna be transporting MINIs they'd better get used to a slew of inquiries from MINI owners anxiously awaiting delivery. Maybe they'll get with it and set something up like WW has. Good work on sleuthing them out!

SkateMom

Old 04-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Suzannne
4th Gear
I guess you get the B of L # from your MA? If NYK is gonna be transporting MINIs they'd better get used to a slew of inquiries from MINI owners anxiously awaiting delivery. Maybe they'll get with it and set something up like WW has. Good work on sleuthing them out!

SkateMom
Yeah, it only took two phone calls to the Southampton office, one to London, one to Boise and then one to Los Angeles! Those folks sure don't pick up their phones much, but from the background noise it sounded like they were very busy. If I get sufficient information from the LA office once I get the Bill of lading information, I will post the telephone number here for other left coasters.

Edit: I just phoned my MA (Junior @ Long Beach MINI) to ask him to please call me with the info as soon as he got it and he didn't know what the Bill of Lading was...I think he must be rather new, I happily informed him.

Old 04-07-2006, 06:30 AM
Flankmank
2nd Gear
It's in the Body Shop

We called last night and it is in the body shop. Next it goes to the paint shop, then to final assembly. And then they informed us not to bother us once it goes down the port as we will have to torture our MA to get further info. it is still set to be completed by Sunday although I am not sure how that can be since we called rather late. That mini plant must work thru the weekend and have pretty long hours.... poor workers but happy new mini owners since it means our babies get built faster.

Old 04-07-2006, 10:36 AM
bar 1
1st Gear
fyi, i was also told that i would be a week 14'er, and i'm scheduled to be finished w/ production on 4/9; that's pretty much on time. can't wait to get my MCS JCW!!! claancy, mine's coming to mentor too - don't think i'll make it out of there w/o putting 500 miles on it just from the salespeople!

Old 04-07-2006, 10:44 AM
fritznw
2nd Gear
I'll start off by saying hello, I'm a noobie to the group. Just received word that my order is scheduled to finish production on April 13. Not sure if that makes my a week 14 or 15'ner. Anyway, got my VIN number, excellent . Can anyone give me rough idea how long it took from end of production to delivery at the dealer? I bought from Patrick Mini and I'm thinking of flying out there to pick it up and driving it back to the pacific northwest and I'm trying to get a rough idea about plane flights. I do have several options being installed at the port, i.e. aero kit, jcw stuff. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

fritznw

Old 04-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Flankmank
2nd Gear
Same as ours!

Originally Posted by bar 1
fyi, i was also told that i would be a week 14'er, and i'm scheduled to be finished w/ production on 4/9; that's pretty much on time. can't wait to get my MCS JCW!!! claancy, mine's coming to mentor too - don't think i'll make it out of there w/o putting 500 miles on it just from the salespeople!
Hey, me too. and ours is a MSC JCW. What color? We're doing chili red.

Old 04-07-2006, 10:54 AM
bar 1
1st Gear
dark silver w/ black roof and stripes. also got the web-spoke wheels; they just got delivery of one w/ those wheels on it, so i got to see them for the first time in person. i think they look awesome, especially for the money and drop in weight compared w/ the S-lites.

Old 04-07-2006, 11:04 AM
bar 1
1st Gear
flankmank - you're from the north - any ideas on what you're going to do for dealing w/ the snow? i thought about either switching the max perf's that come with it for all seasons, and then leaving them on; or, getting a set of winters w/ their own wheels (about $500 more). any thoughts? of course, it depends on if you live in buffalo or a regular midwest city/town w/ snow - but i don't live in the snow belt.

Old 04-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Flankmank
2nd Gear
Not sure about the snow

Ours also has the Sport(web wheels - my husband picked the wheels as he tends to have opinions about wheels that I don't have), Premium, Cold Weather, Blk Panther Leather, matching color dash and shift ****, chrono pack, aux audio input, blk bonnet stripes.

As for the snow, we live in Westchester county just north of the city so the snow is not too bad - a couple of storms per year max. I think we'll be okay. The only issue I've ever had was when i was driving my M3 with rear wheel drive around (that was scary). But since the mini is front wheel, I think we'll be okay. We'll have to see though once I drive it since the biggest issue with the m3 was the power when I would try and start moving and that could definitely be an issue with this baby. This will be my everyday car (yippee) so I want to make sure I don't fly off any of the twisty roads 'round here. If it is bad, we'll probably get a set of winters as well.

Old 04-07-2006, 01:15 PM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
Woo hoo!

LOADED ON VESSEL SOUTHAMPTON 07/04/2006 19:47
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL SOUTHAMPTON 04/04/2006 00:00
BOOKED SOUTHAMPTON 03/04/2006 23:59

Old 04-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Flankmank
2nd Gear
congrats!

Originally Posted by bobdobbs
Woo hoo!
Where did that info come from? Did you get it from the mini site or from one of the shipping sites?

Old 04-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Flankmank
2nd Gear
fritznw

Originally Posted by fritznw
Just received word that my order is scheduled to finish production on April 13. Not sure if that makes my a week 14 or 15'ner. Can anyone give me rough idea how long it took from end of production to delivery at the dealer? I bought from Patrick Mini and I'm thinking of flying out there to pick it up and driving it back to the pacific northwest and I'm trying to get a rough idea about plane flights. I do have several options being installed at the port, i.e. aero kit, jcw stuff. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

fritznw
I think you are actually officially a week 15'ner but you're more than welcome here as well!! There are some good threads on this at mini usa that are quite helpful on timings, as I am sure there are on this site as well. Not sure where Patrick Mini is but it seems clear that the dealerships on the east coast get the cars more quickly than those on the west coast.

Old 04-07-2006, 01:48 PM
rpterson
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Flankmank
Where did that info come from? Did you get it from the mini site or from one of the shipping sites?
This is from the WW site. Once you enter your VIN you get this screen (assuming your on a WW ship..east coast bound). It will update to "discharged" when the ship docks and your car is off loaded. After that, only your MA has info as to when it will get to the dealer. Back in 2004 Bagheera took 4 days at the VDC (NJ) and 4 days to get to the dealer (OH). They only needed it a few hours to get it ready for delivery.

SkateMom

Old 04-07-2006, 02:09 PM
rpterson
4th Gear
Yipeeee! The Liberty is underway. She's bringing 299 vehicles out of Southampton their VINs are here: search bookings on the WW site under booking #GS0U414562

She's coming down the Southampton Port waters heading past Portsmouth!

Come on Liberty

SkateMom

Old 04-07-2006, 02:26 PM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
You can even see the Liberty on the sat image (for now, at least):

Old 04-07-2006, 02:34 PM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
Yipeeee! The Liberty is underway. She's bringing 299 vehicles out of Southampton
299 MINIs? I only count 70 MINIs on the ship.

Old 04-07-2006, 02:49 PM
claancy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by bobdobbs
You can even see the Liberty on the sat image (for now, at least)
Awesome!
So now how do we track the Liberty as she crosses the Atlantic?

Old 04-07-2006, 02:51 PM
rpterson
4th Gear
299 VINs under that booking number, I didn't do a breakdown on how many MINIs. So it's only 70? Wow small party we have. Small but fun! *puts extras cases of champagne away*

SkateMom

Quick Reply: Production Week 14 Support Group