1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 14 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 11:29 AM
wildfamily
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweeeeet! Just got this message from my MA and confirmation that Mini Jimi (aka Purple People Eater) did in fact make it on the Orion Leader and will be in California by May 12th! Let the countdown begin (again)!!
[SIZE=2]
CONGRATS! Your MINI is on it's way! Your MINI S Conv. entered the production line on the 29th of March, and it's final quality inspection was performed on the 6trh of April. It was released to the Port of South Hampton, and was loaded on the Orion Leader, courtesy of NYK. The bill of lading # is 620990311 and the voyage number is HW4VOY55OX. Your MINI is expected to arrive in California on May 12th, and about 3 weeks (give or take) after that we are expecting to recieve it so we can Pre-Delivery Inspect it, detail it, install any accessories, and deliver to you your new MINI. It's getting close so just hang tight, it will be here before you know it.
MOTOR ON!
Brad Davis
Northwest MINI Motoring Advisor
[/SIZE]

Old 04-14-2006, 01:46 PM
nilo
1st Gear
Originally Posted by snoogie
The Liberty is now off the coast of New Foundland! Whoooo Hoooo, almost here! -gary

Mine's on Liberty too! She's almost in US waters now.. Hoping for a delivery date of Wednesday or Thursday.

Old 04-14-2006, 02:39 PM
snoogie
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by nilo
Mine's on Liberty too! She's almost in US waters now.. Hoping for a delivery date of Wednesday or Thursday.
Kool...where are you from Nilo? I've gotta wait until Liberty docks in SC before I can get mine.

-gary

Old 04-14-2006, 08:28 PM
nilo
1st Gear
snoogie, I live in upstate NY, Troy to be exact. It is about 2.5 hours north of NYC.

Old 04-14-2006, 09:14 PM
fjpatriot
Neutral
Sailing on the Elektra

My MCSC finished Apr 7th and made it on the Elektra. Mini site updated today with an estimated delivery date of Apr 26 Can't wait to see all the pictures in the next few weeks of East Coaster's getting their cars, then soon after them the West Coaster's will kick in.

One question for you all: anyone doing all the paperwork, etc a couple of days before taking delivery? My MA is suggesting it so I can get my car sooner, and because they won't put on my dealer options, etc til its paid for. I have no problem with this ( did it with an RV, which was a lot more than the Mini ) just wondering if its common. Guess its better than signing off and hanging around while they finish things.

Anyway, looking forward to 11 days from now

Old 04-15-2006, 06:07 AM
snoogie
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by nilo
snoogie, I live in upstate NY, Troy to be exact. It is about 2.5 hours north of NYC.
Then you should be getting you MINI sooner than us...it looks like Liberty will be docking before long.

I lived in Rotterdam, NY for almost a year. -gary

Old 04-15-2006, 08:50 AM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Originally Posted by wildfamily
CONGRATS! Your MINI is on it's way! Your MINI S Conv. entered the production line on the 29th of March, and it's final quality inspection was performed on the 6trh of April. It was released to the Port of South Hampton, and was loaded on the Orion Leader, courtesy of NYK. The bill of lading # is 620990311 and the voyage number is HW4VOY55OX. Your MINI is expected to arrive in California on May 12th, and about 3 weeks (give or take) after that we are expecting to recieve it so we can Pre-Delivery Inspect it, detail it, install any accessories, and deliver to you your new MINI. It's getting close so just hang tight, it will be here before you know it.
MOTOR ON!
Brad Davis
Northwest MINI Motoring Advisor
wildfamily,

Thats awesome, you had good timing obviously...What makes me more "miffed" than not being on a vessel is the fact that my MA said something to the effect of "we don't get a lot of detailed information so we just call customers when their car arrives on the west coast. We couldn't call everyone and give them updates, it would take too much time." And clearly, Brad Davis is able to access detailed information so that means one of two things:

1) The MAs @ LB MINI are lazy and don't care about enthusiastic people waiting on their MINIs.

2) They truly don't have the information or don't know how to get it - which doesn't seem possible.

Stupid LB MINI.

Old 04-15-2006, 06:26 PM
wildfamily
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Suzannne
wildfamily,

Thats awesome, you had good timing obviously...What makes me more "miffed" than not being on a vessel is the fact that my MA said something to the effect of "we don't get a lot of detailed information so we just call customers when their car arrives on the west coast. We couldn't call everyone and give them updates, it would take too much time." And clearly, Brad Davis is able to access detailed information so that means one of two things:

1) The MAs @ LB MINI are lazy and don't care about enthusiastic people waiting on their MINIs.

2) They truly don't have the information or don't know how to get it - which doesn't seem possible.

Stupid LB MINI.

Suzannne,

That's crazy. They can get the info. Our MA is a newbie and figured it out without any problems. We will keep our fingers crossed that your baby will be on the way soon and LB Mini will get their rear in gear!:impatient

Old 04-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Hey Week 14ers...I just wanted to say hey and thanks for being so supportive during this ordering and tracking process...during this time awaiting the arrival of my MCS, I've decided not to take delivery of the car in the end.

Perhaps I was a bit impulsive in trying to take on even more of a financial obligation than I could handle, and since I am actually trying to go to grad school next year (during which I won't be working, at all) I realized that I should be placing my financial focus there.

What's more...I'm selling my 2005 MC and purchasing a car that will afford me lower monthly payments.

Some of you may have read the threads that have appeared on NAM recently where MINI owners have made choices to either achieve long-term goals and permanent freedom from debt, and both of those reasons contribute to why I'm selling the MINI. I love my car and I'll be extremely sad to see it go, however it will be in the hands of a previous MINI owner (whose car was totalled in an accident).

So thanks again, I'm telling myself that perhaps I'll buy myself a MINI after grad school if I secure a great career Enjoy your new MINIs when you get them, as I know I've enjoyed mine for the time I've had it.

Old 04-16-2006, 12:12 PM
wildfamily
3rd Gear
Suzannne,

Sorry to see you go, but sounds like you are making an wise and important decision. There will be plenty of opportunities in the future for you to get that dream car I'm sure. Good luck in your endevours and thanks for coming along for the ride!

Old 04-16-2006, 06:41 PM
rpterson
4th Gear
Suzanne,

Yes, sorry to see you go as well. That's some serious decision making you've done. Sounds like you'll do well.

Good luck in grad school and when you get a MINI again, be sure to stop back by and say HI.

SkateMom

Old 04-17-2006, 11:18 AM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
Sorry you're not getting your car, Suzanne. Sounds like you made the right decision, though, even if it was tough.

Old 04-17-2006, 11:20 AM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
Where the heck is the Liberty?

The Liberty was due in port yesterday, but I don't see anything confirming that. The online location track hasn't updated in two days:

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=WRYX

Lost at sea, perhaps???

Old 04-17-2006, 11:39 AM
rpterson
4th Gear
Where is Liberty? Checked the WW site. Liberty has 2 entries for NY (NJ) and one is listed as having sailed. So that would mean that our MINIs are at the VDC. To confirm this we have to wait until the WW site shows our VIN as "discharged" . So far it doesn't.

SkateMom

Old 04-17-2006, 12:07 PM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
How do you know the second port is NJ? Could it be the VDC? My car is still on the boat, apparently.

Old 04-17-2006, 12:08 PM
snoogie
2nd Gear
I've heard that the sailwx website doesn't get updated when they are in port, only when they are at sea.

On the WW site, it show the ship having sailed...so hopefully you guys got off in NY!

-gary

Old 04-17-2006, 12:58 PM
bobdobbs
4th Gear
Wooo Hooo!!!!

>Discharged New York, Ny 17/04/2006 07:00

Old 04-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Elfkin1024
2nd Gear
CONGRATS! I guess my mini made it on the Manon... that's according to my MA. The WW website says that I was booked for Integrity... but my MA says otherwise. Hey, that's cool with me... that just means I'll have my car a week ealier! Hooray!

Originally Posted by bobdobbs
Wooo Hooo!!!!

Old 04-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Mini_Bar
1st Gear
Anyone on the integrity with me?

Old 04-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Flankmank
2nd Gear
I am!

Originally Posted by Mini_Bar
Anyone on the integrity with me?
as well as a bunch of others on the Week 15 Support group.... What drives the week I wonder??... my start date was in one week but my finish date was in another so I am essentially week-less

Old 04-17-2006, 04:34 PM
claancy
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Suzanne,

Sorry to see you go. Good luck with grad school, and I'm sure you'll be able to get your dream MINI once you're done.

Old 04-17-2006, 04:36 PM
claancy
3rd Gear
Wooo Hooo!!!!

You guys are lucky.... my MINI has to stay on the ship and doesn't get off until it gets to Charleston. WW's website says it'll be there the 22nd, which isn't that far off, but I'm tired of being patient!

Old 04-17-2006, 05:06 PM
rpterson
4th Gear
Wooo Hooo!!!!

bobdobs: Yours shows discharged? Mine doesn't yet I hope it isn't staying on till Charleston. Did your screen (that shows discharged) say that your cars' destination was NJ or Charleston? Mine says Charleston, but I figured it says that because it's the termination of the voyage. I can't imagine mine would stay on till Charleston to be trucked back up to Ohio.

Old 04-17-2006, 05:47 PM
rpterson
4th Gear
Clancy,

You ordered from Classic didn't you? Your MINI is getting off in Charleston???

When we ordered Bagheera in 2004 from Classic, he came into NJ. Is this something new now that they come into Charleston?

Old 04-17-2006, 07:23 PM
claancy
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rpterson
Clancy,

You ordered from Classic didn't you? Your MINI is getting off in Charleston???

When we ordered Bagheera in 2004 from Classic, he came into NJ. Is this something new now that they come into Charleston?
Yea, I ordered from Classic. My Cargo Status History says that the destination is Charleston (and it didn't get unloaded in NY). One of my coworkers who bought a MINI from Classic in late '04 said that his came in through Charleston too. It doesn't make too much sense to me, either. Stupid extra waiting....

Quick Reply: Production Week 14 Support Group