1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 14 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 10:31 AM
rpterson
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Production Week 14 Support Group

OK, so there's no week 13 thread yet, but I can't wait.

My MA said my production week was the 1st week of April, so I'm guessing that I'm in week 14. If I get bumped earlier then I'll just have to join/start the week 13 thread.

Any other week 14ers yet?

SkateMom

Old 03-19-2006, 07:32 PM
snoogie
2nd Gear
Yep, my MA said week 14 also..but that it may move up to week 13.

I've put in a message to Mini to see if they can tell me more.

BRG/W MC Premium, Sport and cold weather packages, Xenons, auto wipers, anthricite headliner, 16" RFs.

Regards,
Gary

Old 03-20-2006, 05:36 PM
rpterson
4th Gear
Talked to a human at ASKMINI and they confirmed my build week is 14, that is April 3-7. Cool! Now to wait the next 2 weeks and I can call each day (or more) for status. It's getting closer....

Old 03-20-2006, 11:07 PM
Suzannne
4th Gear
I too am confirmed for Week 14 Production, or so says ASK-MINI! Good to join you guys

Old 03-21-2006, 06:43 AM
rpterson
4th Gear
Hi Suzanne, welcome.

So what are your specs? Are you getting an additonal to Alexander or replacing? Love the pics at Yosemite Falls BTW!

Old 03-21-2006, 06:48 AM
rpterson
4th Gear
Snoogie,

Any confirmation from ASKMINI humans yet?

Old 03-21-2006, 07:27 AM
Suzannne
4th Gear
R,

I love your MINIfied family! In the future I would love to have three MINIs in the fam...granted I get married and have a child, of course!

After much contemplation, yes, I'm replacing my elderly 8-month old 2005 MC with an 06' RG/RG MCS. I was on the fence to go for it before 08' and decided to go for it (not really diggin' an 07', no matter what the experts say about first year production). When I begin graduate school next year it will be the one material luxury that will keep me company on my 40 mile commute there and back

So here we go:
RG/RG MCS
(manual, of course!)
Premium
Cold Weather
Chrome Line Int.
Anthracite Dash & Headliner
LSD
Xenons
Front & Rear Fogs
Stock 16" V-Spokes

= MSRP: $25,300

What really killed me was when the introducted the Royal Grey...I love it, and it was introduced shortly after I picked up my MC, doesn't that always happen when you make a large purchase?

My MC is listed in the Marketplace and Craigslist for now, and surprisingly I've already had four inquiries, so wish me luck!

Old 03-21-2006, 07:36 AM
snoogie
2nd Gear
Yes, I'd forgotten to add my production number on the email, so it took an extra round of messages to get the answer.

They say I'm scheduled for the second week of April (which actually may be week 15).

My MA says that often she's seen orders get moved up a week, so I may end up in week 14 with you guys.

We'll wait and see.

Old 03-22-2006, 04:10 PM
snoogie
2nd Gear
I talked to a human at askMINI and they said my MINI is likely to be in production on April 3rd..but that the date had not been assigned yet....check back about next Thursday to check for sure.

Whooo Hoooo!

-gary

Old 03-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Flankmank
2nd Gear
week 14 also for first MINI-Chili Red/blk top Conv S w/ JCW, Sport(web wheels), Premium, Cold Weather, Blk Panther Leather, matching color dash and shift ****, chrono pack, aux audio input, blk bonnet stripes

Old 03-22-2006, 10:06 PM
rpterson
4th Gear
Suzanne,

You're gonna love the S! Not that you didn't love your MC, but wait till you feel that supercharger *big grin* You got the cold weather pack and you live at the beach. Was is just for the butt warmers on cold foggy mornings? That's the one thing I wished I would have ordered. Since I have to have the leatherette (cloth is discontinued) I'll probably wish I had the butt warmers.

Good luck on the sale of your '05

SkateMom

Old 03-22-2006, 10:17 PM
rpterson
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Flankmank
week 14 also for first MINI-Chili Red/blk top Conv S w/ JCW, Sport(web wheels), Premium, Cold Weather, Blk Panther Leather, matching color dash and shift ****, chrono pack, aux audio input, blk bonnet stripes
Excellent specs Flankmank! That was my 1st choice, CR/B with matching dash. My daughter didn't want me to have a red car too. Brat huh? So I decided to be very different and get purple. Your specs are my absolute favorite! Would have loved to get JCW, but with 1 race car in the family now, I decided to be conservative

Can't wait to see pictures!

Old 03-23-2006, 07:37 PM
Suzannne
4th Gear
R,

I don't care what anyone says...even if I live by the beach heated seats are a must! The mornings 'round here are cold enough to warrant them, and hell in the evenings with the feel of the leatherette you've just got to! Its just one of those features on a car that once you're introduced to you can't go back!

Old 03-24-2006, 05:24 AM
boarder054
3rd Gear
Hey guys! I might be in week 14? or 13? Im not sure. I ordered my MINI on 3/17, a week ago today My MA said i should have a production date by today! 8:25am and still no change!!!!!!! I wanna know!!!!!!!! When did you guys place your orders? Ive read a lot of people's ordering stories and they all had a production date by now. Thanks for any info in advance!

Old 03-24-2006, 06:36 AM
boarder054
3rd Gear
UPDATE! I just called ASKMINI and talked to one of the guys there. He says my MINI should go into production in Week 15 !!!!!! Which means I will be getting my MINI in the 8 weeks rather then the more hoped for arrival time of 6 weeks. This is going to kill meeeeee!!!!!!!!! Any of you guys get your MINI into production earlier then estimated?

Old 03-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Mini_Bar
1st Gear
I ordered my mini at Vista Mini on March 3rd. The lounge and ask mini both say that I am on order with no confirmed production date but the "human" told me that I am on for the first week of April. It sure seems like they are taking their time with my car. It's been 3 weeks!!! I sure hope it goes into production soon. I am getting pretty antsy. Has anyone else's car taken this long?

Old 03-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Flankmank
2nd Gear
R,
Thanks for the thumbs up! We went a little crazy with the options. But what the heck, its probably the only MINI we will have in the garage for now so why not go all out we figured. I saw the racing videos you posted. Looks intense.

For those interested, my order went in on 3/3. Getting used to waiting now. Patience is a virtue.

Old 03-25-2006, 06:31 PM
cwilliamsjr
1st Gear
Order Details

I just found in another forum that if the Owner's Lounge Order Details page isn't showing your order details, if you view the page source in your browser it sometimes has the details embedded in there even if the page is blank.
view menu -> source
You have to sort throgh a little code garbage, but it's there, copy it into MS Word and you can clean it up with a little search and replace...
My expected delivery date got moved up from 29th to 26th, too bad the dealer is closed tomorrow...

Old 03-26-2006, 07:04 AM
claancy
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, it looks like I belong in the week 14 group too. The owners' lounge still says 'on order' but the automated system at 866-ASK-MINI says that it's in production and should be completed on April 4th.

The tip about "view source" to view the order details is a good one. Since the information is obviously there, I wonder why it doesn't display properly.

Oh, and cwilliamsjr, your MCS sounds a LOT like mine, only with a few more things. Same colors inside and out, just a few options different. Pretty cool.
Here's what I'm getting (copied & pasted from a previous thread of mine):
  • MCS in BRG, white roof & bonnet stripes, chrome line exterior
  • Sport Pkg (S-lites w/ performance tires)
  • Cold Weather Pkg
  • Convenience Pkg
  • Rear fog lamp
  • Black leatherette, anthracite dash & headliner, chrome line interior
  • on-board computer, multi-function steering wheel

Old 03-26-2006, 10:56 AM
Suzannne
4th Gear
After reading claancy's post I checked ASK-MINI and somehwere between yesterday and today I got a VIN # and have moved to Scheduled for Production and will be completed on April 4th!

Old 03-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Production Week 14 Roll Call

So these folks are the only Week 14'ers? This week seems pretty light to me... Or are we just special!?
  • rpterson (fine, go to Week 13 then....sheesh, such traitors )
  • Flankmank
  • Suzannne
  • claancy
  • airjun
  • boarder054
  • Mini_Bar
  • Elfkin1024
Whats the date today? Only March 26th....on the bright side I've showed the 2005 MC today and its tentatively SOLD! I only say tentatively because the deal is contingent on the timely delivery of the MCS and the deal won't actually go down til that happens in Mid-May, but I feel confident that it be a fairly painless process

Old 03-26-2006, 10:52 PM
airjun
1st Gear
You can add me to the list. Where did you guys order yours from? Ill be heading down to South Bay Mini to pick mine up.

Old 03-27-2006, 06:26 AM
Suzannne
4th Gear
Airjun,

I ordered my second MINI from Long Beach MINI. Be sure to tell us your specs when you get a chance!

Old 03-27-2006, 07:19 AM
snoogie
2nd Gear
I just checked the website and called askMINI and my mini is "in production" with an expected completion date of April 2 which is a Sunday. So do they work the weekends or does that really mean it'll complete the previous Friday...or following Monday?

Based on the shipping schedules, there is a ship leaving 4/2, 4/7 and 4/8. I'd expect it to be on either the Manon 4/7 or Liberty 4/8...arriving in SC on 4/21 or 4/22.

I also have VIN number, but putting that into the shipping website came up empty as I expected...since it hasn't really gotten to that stage yet. (but ya' never know!).

-gary (a.k.a. getting anxious!)
P.S. I ordered mine on 3/8

Old 03-27-2006, 09:40 AM
rpterson
4th Gear
Glad to see more people in our little group! And So Cal folks too.

Talked to ASKMINI today and they said my baby is in production with a scheduled completion date of April 1st. Arruugh! I hope April Fools day isn't an omen! But that's the best news, I'm week 14, but just barely

The tip that cjwilliams posted on retreiving order data from the "Track your MINI" page worked. I got my VIN, so now I'll have to start plugging into WW too. As for ships, it will depend on how long we sit on the dock waiting for our boat. Snoogie, we could be shipmates! My car will come into New Jersey (NEAT) and be trucked to OH. Anyway, it's moving along quickly now

SkateMom

Quick Reply: Production Week 14 Support Group