1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is a surprise..

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 07:12 AM
skidmike
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a surprise..

I've been thinking our Mini was on the Terrier, which has yet to complete its voyage. I just received a call from my MA, telling me that the car is here, on a truck and headed for the dealer. Depending on when it gets there, we may be able to pick it up tomorrow or early next week! They need to install some aftermarket goodies and swap on a set uf bullet wheels from a convertible, but after that, it's ready! Boy, my wife's going to be psyched to hear the news!

Woohoo!

-- mike

'06 MCSa HB/S Conv/Prem/Cold/Sport pkgs, BL Leather, HK Audio

Old 03-24-2006, 07:25 AM
alpinamike
5th Gear
Best thing you could hear from a MA

-alpinamike

Old 03-24-2006, 07:27 AM
mdsbrain
OVERDRIVE
This reminds me of what happened to my car.

The Owner's lounge said my car was @ the port in the US. I called my SA and he said the car had just arrived.

Old 03-24-2006, 07:28 AM
AgBul8
2nd Gear
Since you were supposedly on the Terrier, I'm assuming you were going to Charleston?

Old 03-24-2006, 08:34 AM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
I got my unexpected call on Wednesday evening. The car was unloaded in NY on Tuesday afternoon, but my MA called Wednesday to say the car was at the dealer and better yet they had already installed my AUX port and the car was ready for pick up yesterday. He said that since I was one of the last off the boat I was one of the first to get thru the VPC and onto a truck. He asked the service guys if they could do my car first thing Thursday so I could pick it up and they did it right away on Wednesday instead. I think he earned his "5's". :-) I'm very happy with the car even though they couldn't get me the digital speedo. I'll try to shoot some photos soon.

Old 03-24-2006, 09:38 AM
pgifford
3rd Gear
Don't tell your wife...surprise her by bringing it home early. That will be much more fun

Paul

Old 03-24-2006, 10:35 AM
skidmike
1st Gear
Tracking it on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site told me it was on the Terrier, but today it says it's on the Integrity. It turns out that it came off the assembly line on the 10th and was loaded onto the Integrity the next day. Looking at the Integrity's voyage, I'm guessing they unloaded it in Baltimore and are trucking it to Atlanta from there, unless they made Charleston a day early (it shows due there on the 25th).

My MA's supposed to call me later today and let me know when it'll be arriving and prepped.

-- mike

Old 03-24-2006, 10:41 AM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Originally Posted by skidmike
I've been thinking our Mini was on the Terrier, which has yet to complete its voyage. I just received a call from my MA, telling me that the car is here, on a truck and headed for the dealer. Depending on when it gets there, we may be able to pick it up tomorrow or early next week! They need to install some aftermarket goodies and swap on a set uf bullet wheels from a convertible, but after that, it's ready! Boy, my wife's going to be psyched to hear the news!

Woohoo!

-- mike

'06 MCSa HB/S Conv/Prem/Cold/Sport pkgs, BL Leather, HK Audio
You are importing a Clasic Mini? Hold it your sig line says it is a '06 then you need to say MINI. There is a difference.

Old 03-24-2006, 10:52 AM
glennaa11
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by skidmike
Tracking it on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site told me it was on the Terrier, but today it says it's on the Integrity. It turns out that it came off the assembly line on the 10th and was loaded onto the Integrity the next day. Looking at the Integrity's voyage, I'm guessing they unloaded it in Baltimore and are trucking it to Atlanta from there, unless they made Charleston a day early (it shows due there on the 25th).

My MA's supposed to call me later today and let me know when it'll be arriving and prepped.

-- mike
From what I understand MINI/BMW does not use the port of Baltimore. They just use NY/NJ, Charleston, and the one in California.

Old 03-25-2006, 01:27 PM
DrDiff
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Originally Posted by glennaa11
From what I understand MINI/BMW does not use the port of Baltimore. They just use NY/NJ, Charleston, and the one in California.
True they don't do Baltimore. only NY/NJ, Charleston (the BMW factory) and California for the west coast/Hawaii/Alaska