1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any such thing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 12:12 PM
domc
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any such thing?

... as a rebate or %0 interest at any dealers in the U.S.?
Just curious. I'm about to start my search for a Mini for the wife.

Old 03-26-2006, 01:25 PM
TheOldMan
4th Gear
Originally Posted by domc
I don't know about interest rates, but if you can get a MINI for your wife!

What a deal!

Old 03-26-2006, 01:27 PM
KennyMooper
5th Gear
Yeah go to most MINI dealers and ask for a rebate and they'll show zero interest in helping you

Old 03-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Scouser
6th Gear
Wow what a great swop...a MINI for the wife

Who needs zero percent??

Old 03-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Suzannne
4th Gear
If you do a nationwide search of dealers, say by faxing over your specifications to many dealers and asking them what their best offer is...you will see a bit of variation, and I would suggest that this is the best way to go. The first question involved is if you are going to custom order a car or buy inventory off of the lot. By buying off the lot, you would probably have a better chance at getting a car below MSRP somewhere in the U.S.

I've heard from some NAM members that they did manage to buy their car below MSRP even though they custom ordered. This is where the legwork of comparing dealers comes in. If you find the right one, that will compete for your business, then you are in good shape.

APR-wise, BMW Financial Services is semi-competitive and will at times be able to match a good credit union rate if you tell them what you're able to get from another financial institution, but as far at 0% goes, I've never seen that happen...

Good luck and use the search feature to search for similiar threads around NAM

Old 03-26-2006, 03:29 PM
minihune
OVERDRIVE - Racing Champion
Received 69 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Suzannne
If you do a nationwide search of dealers, say by faxing over your specifications to many dealers and asking them what their best offer is...you will see a bit of variation, and I would suggest that this is the best way to go. The first question involved is if you are going to custom order a car or buy inventory off of the lot. By buying off the lot, you would probably have a better chance at getting a car below MSRP somewhere in the U.S.

I've heard from some NAM members that they did manage to buy their car below MSRP even though they custom ordered. This is where the legwork of comparing dealers comes in. If you find the right one, that will compete for your business, then you are in good shape.

APR-wise, BMW Financial Services is semi-competitive and will at times be able to match a good credit union rate if you tell them what you're able to get from another financial institution, but as far at 0% goes, I've never seen that happen...

Good luck and use the search feature to search for similiar threads around NAM
It really depends on which dealerships you check with and the demand in that area for new or used MINIs. When demand is high and outstrips supply it would be highly unlikely to get any sort of discount or deal on a MINI.

In my area almost all MINIs that are in stock cost more than MSRP- add ons are common and extra interior and exterior protection packages are the norm. Zero % financing and less than MSRP are unheard of.

But there are stories of some buyers that can get a good deal from a dealership that has too many MINIs in inventory- so check around and see what you can fine or buy used.

Old 03-26-2006, 06:42 PM
domc
3rd Gear
My problem here is that there is only ONE dealer(40 miles away) within a 150 miles of where I live. Kinda sucks because I feel I can't deal with the dealer per say. I am beginning to see more and more of these cars on the road here. So I would say demand may be up. Who knows.

The international car show at the convention center is coming to town this weekend. I may find out more info there and then take a ride to the only dealer in town.

I suppose I could always buy on the internet or something. I'll do a better search on this forum for idea's.

Thanks...

Old 03-27-2006, 05:35 AM
mdsbrain
OVERDRIVE
Isn't the truth that certain brands (mostly American) have offered 0% APR to get people in the door to buy cars. They did this to spur sales which were slumping. MINI and BMW sales are by no means slumping. They are doing better then ever so they have no reason to offer such deals.

What one dealer does maybe individually up to that dealer.

Old 03-27-2006, 06:43 AM
domc
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mdsbrain
Isn't the truth that certain brands (mostly American) have offered 0% APR to get people in the door to buy cars. They did this to spur sales which were slumping.
I figured I'd just throw the 0 percent question out there. Yeah, look where 0 percent got the american brands. There all loosing a crap load of money. GM cutting back staff and employee buyouts.

Although I have not started my search for a mini yet (starts in a week or so), I feel that if I go to the only dealer in town, he'll be charging top dollar for the car and there is no chance of getting a 200-500 dollar over invoice.

We'll see, I'm already dreading going to a car dealership. It's been 9 years since I've been to one.

Old 03-27-2006, 10:42 AM
DustinDallas
6th Gear
I feel that if I go to the only dealer in town, he'll be charging top dollar for the car and there is no chance of getting a 200-500 dollar over invoice.
There's no chance of that anyway. If you do get ANY discount, which is doubtful, it will be very minimal.

Dont let that discourage you though. The resale value more than makes up for it.