1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took my first test-drive today!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 01:10 PM
Turcicus
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took my first test-drive today!!

So, I finally went into my local dealer and took a test drive today - an automatic MCS. Now I can finally understand what everyone here is talking about when they describe how fun the car is to drive! I've taken a short ride in one before, but never driven. My first impression what just how heavy and solid the car felt despite its size. And then for that heavy/solid feeling, it still cornered like a go-kart. I was taking interstate entrance and exit ramps much faster than I would in my current vehicle. It was great! I can't wait to place my order!!!

Completely off topic - how many people here had an MA that was truly excited about their product or about you purchasing one?

Old 03-31-2006, 01:12 PM
golden_child
Coordinator :: Capital Area MINI Modders
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Me. But that was back in august of 2002. everyone since then has left.

Old 03-31-2006, 01:15 PM
Z-Mini
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Turcicus
Completely off topic - how many people here had an MA that was truly excited about their product or about you purchasing one?
Welcome to NAM! Let your obession begin .

My MCS is currently sitting at port in Southampton waiting to get placed on a ship and make its trip over to its new home.

I have been completely impressed with the entire MINI purchase experience. The excitement carries through from my MA to every person I've talked to through the ASKMINI telephone service where I track the status of my car. Not only do they understand my compulsion they feed into it!

-Randy

Old 03-31-2006, 01:23 PM
Turcicus
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Z-Mini
Welcome to NAM! Let your obession begin .

My MCS is currently sitting at port in Southampton waiting to get placed on a ship and make its trip over to its new home.

I have been completely impressed with the entire MINI purchase experience. The excitement carries through from my MA to every person I've talked to through the ASKMINI telephone service where I track the status of my car. Not only do they understand my compulsion they feed into it!

-Randy
Congrats on your forthcoming MCS!!

The reason I ask about MAs is because the one I was dealing with today was not excited at all. I felt like I was just another customer, even after I said that I would definitely be ordering one. I couldn't tell if it was just their personality or what, but I was a little put-off by it.

Old 03-31-2006, 01:25 PM
draggonmann
5th Gear
You are hooked now. Happy MOTORING.

Old 03-31-2006, 01:26 PM
Z-Mini
3rd Gear
The reason I ask about MAs is because the one I was dealing with today was not excited at all. I felt like I was just another customer, even after I said that I would definitely be ordering one. I couldn't tell if it was just their personality or what, but I was a little put-off by it.
My MA's definitely a MINI guy. On his second and his Auto-x's one of them. I know he works pretty hard and some pretty long hours so perhaps it was just an "off day" for the guy you are working with. If not try someone else - you're the customer, if it doesn't feel right...

Best of luck to you!
-Randy

Old 03-31-2006, 01:47 PM
Dr Obnxs
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Depends on the dealership....

Some are still getting premium (above MSRP) from walk in sales, and are just less "into" the whole deal.

But if you don't like the sales person you had, go with another! They'll make money on your purchase, and make sure that a worthy recipient gets the check or credit!

Matt

Old 03-31-2006, 02:04 PM
Turcicus
5th Gear
How does one graciously ask for another salesperson? This person is the Sales Manager, so I'm not quite sure how to request that I deal with someone else.

Old 03-31-2006, 02:12 PM
Rastven
4th Gear
Try another dealer or maybe just inquire what days he works and then go back when he's not around :-)

Old 03-31-2006, 06:57 PM
BlindLemonLars
2nd Gear
Old 03-31-2006, 08:25 PM
lashoe
2nd Gear
So, I finally went into my local dealer and took a test drive today - an automatic MCS. Now I can finally understand what everyone here is talking about when they describe how fun the car is to drive! I've taken a short ride in one before, but never driven. My first impression what just how heavy and solid the car felt despite its size. And then for that heavy/solid feeling, it still cornered like a go-kart. I was taking interstate entrance and exit ramps much faster than I would in my current vehicle. It was great! I can't wait to place my order!!!

I had a great MA at dreyer&reinbold mini (SCOTT BURTON) in Indianapolis In. If anyone is looking in Indy look him up.The dealership as a whole did a great job.

Old 03-31-2006, 08:41 PM
Crusoe
4th Gear
Ah, the luxury of having a dealer with cars on the lot. I would probably be driving a MC if I didn't live in Seattle. They don't or can't keep anything extras on the lot. It would had been our first car but we needed to buy something ASAP and got an Impreza.

Test drove both an MC and MCS manuals on a pretty nice course to test out all the capabilities. I took it easy cause I didn't want to crash, my Italian wife on the other hand, pushed the MCS to it's cornering limits.

MA was indifferent, they sell MSRP but the wait is 6-8 months. Once I decide what the heck I want I'm going find something that fits my needs from the east coast and have them ship it out.

Welcome to NAM, I'm not even in 1st gear yet meself.