1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 18 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 11:57 AM
AMW
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like the Courage took a deep turn south, headed for the Azores.

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...l?call=WDC6907

Maybe to avoid some bad weather?

http://www.weather.com/maps/maptype/...ite_large.html

Old 05-11-2006, 12:18 PM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by AndyWSea
Yup, NYK sucks!
Hey, be nice. They have your car ... and mine.

Old 05-11-2006, 12:30 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Good point. I guess I should have said they suck at ship tracking.

Old 05-11-2006, 12:52 PM
gbony
1st Gear
The NYK site does show the route and ports of call between Southhampton and Port Hueneme at this link http://www2.nykline.com/nykinfo/car_...etwork/14.html . The Centaurus Leader will stop at Port Newark, Baltimore, Charleston, Jacksonville, Brunswick, San Diego, and Los Angeles before sailing to Port Hueneme and on to Yokohama. Perhaps someone with time on their hands can find the arrival schedule at the various interim ports and track progress that way?

Guy

Old 05-11-2006, 01:08 PM
MarcusCT
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AMW
Looks like the Courage took a deep turn south, headed for the Azores.

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...l?call=WDC6907

Maybe to avoid some bad weather?

http://www.weather.com/maps/maptype/...ite_large.html
I noticed that yesterday it actually started heading east -- and now with this sudden turn south, it must be bad weather. Hopefully the ship still gets to NY on time!!

Old 05-11-2006, 01:29 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Originally Posted by gbony
The NYK site does show the route and ports of call between Southhampton and Port Hueneme at this link http://www2.nykline.com/nykinfo/car_...etwork/14.html . The Centaurus Leader will stop at Port Newark, Baltimore, Charleston, Jacksonville, Brunswick, San Diego, and Los Angeles before sailing to Port Hueneme and on to Yokohama. Perhaps someone with time on their hands can find the arrival schedule at the various interim ports and track progress that way?

Guy
I have been only able to find the info for Panama on the 20th and San Diego on the 28th. None of the other port sites list the Centaurus Leader as arriving at their port. I would imagine that the majority of cars are getting off at PH and then in Japan.

Old 05-11-2006, 02:42 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
The sickness.....she spreads.

I just read copper as COOPER.

Old 05-11-2006, 05:26 PM
tubwreck
2nd Gear
I'm becoming deeply concerned that the Courage is not going to make it to New York on schedule. As far as I can tell, based on the sailwx tracking, the ship's not even halfway, with 6 of the 10 days scheduled already elapsed.

I've sold my other car, and the buyer is picking it up next week. In Massachusetts, I have a 7 day window in which I can hang on to my old plate before transferring it to a new car. After that, I have to get a new plate.

Of course I could be dreaming, since OL and AM say my car is in Southampton while WW claims it's on the Courage.

(Oh, and the buyer of my old car is an '04 MCS owner with a wife, dog, and new baby. He didn't see my advert on this board, but did see my car on craigslist.)

Old 05-11-2006, 05:34 PM
MarcusCT
2nd Gear
Tubwreck, I've been thinking the same thing. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that perhaps the coordinates are not the most up to date they could be.

And OL, ASKMINI and my MA still believe that my car is in Southampton, as well. I'm hoping that once the car reaches NY it will get checked in and my MA will realize that he's estimation of early June is now incorrect. . .

Old 05-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i still havent even sold my old car yet!! i kinda want it to take its time...sorta

anyone want a nice little modified cooper?!?!?! pleeeease

Old 05-12-2006, 02:03 AM
tubwreck
2nd Gear
Well the Courage has turned West, at last. At least we know they aren't headed to the Azores with mechanical trouble. If I simply extrapolate the last 24 hours distance, I estimate it will take another 10 days to make New York. Maybe they can go into turbo mode and make up some time. Conditions do look rather miserable out there, with 30 knot winds coming out of the West. Once they clear the big storm to their North, perhaps they'll pick up a bit of a tailwind.

Old 05-12-2006, 03:49 AM
tubwreck
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
i still havent even sold my old car yet!! i kinda want it to take its time...sorta

anyone want a nice little modified cooper?!?!?! pleeeease
RallyMINI that is one sharp car. Where do you go to school?

Old 05-12-2006, 07:29 AM
AMW
2nd Gear
Looks like some rough seas! I'm sure it will add a day or two to the arrival in NY. From the chart, it looks like the Courage is fighting it out against a storm and basically churned up about two days making little headway toward the west.

I think they need to turn it up to 11.

Old 05-12-2006, 07:37 AM
MarcusCT
2nd Gear
The schedule on the WW site still says that the Courage will arrive in NY on the 15th. Is there any schedule for the port it's supposed to arrive at in NY/NJ?

Old 05-12-2006, 07:38 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tubwreck
RallyMINI that is one sharp car. Where do you go to school?
haha buy it from me and help me out!!

I got to school at Kenyon College

Old 05-12-2006, 07:38 AM
tubwreck
2nd Gear
MarcusCT: Check again. The arrival date was just bumped to the 17th :(.
RallyMINI: I was thinking about Kenyon, went to Oberlin. Thought you might be there.

Old 05-12-2006, 07:42 AM
AMW
2nd Gear
:(

Well, that kills the idea that I could be picking up the car by the 20th. Hopefully I'll have it in time for memorial day. It's landing here, btw: http://www.neautoterminal.com/index.htm

no schedules there though.

Old 05-12-2006, 07:45 AM
MarcusCT
2nd Gear
The date changed in the past 10 minutes! I checked right before I posted the earlier post. :-(

AMW: I was hoping to pick up the car the 20th as well - the day before my graduation. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it comes by Memorial Day, otherwise I won't get to enjoy the car due to my bar classes.

Old 05-12-2006, 12:16 PM
AMW
2nd Gear
I'd say that between the 3 weeks of gray weather and rain here in Boston (we've got another week and a half left to go) and hearing that the NY arrival of the Courage has been delayed a couple of days...

I'm feeling a little down today

Time for a group hug...

Old 05-12-2006, 12:32 PM
mininini
2nd Gear
Just saw a cute hyper blue MINI in the parking lot of my local grocery store. THE WAIT IS KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :impatient

Old 05-12-2006, 12:39 PM
MarcusCT
2nd Gear
I want my hyper blue mini!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2006, 12:43 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Group Hug!!!!

If you were to read my mind all you would see would be:

MINIMINIMINIMINIMINIMINIMINIMINIMINIMINIMINIMINIMI NIMINIMINIMINIMINIMINIMINIMINI
MINIMINIMINIMINIMINIMINIMINIMINIMINIMINIMINIMINIMI NIMINIMINIMINIMINIMINIMINIMINI

Needless to say, everyone I know is sick and tired of hearing about it.

Old 05-12-2006, 04:50 PM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
I really try not to get worked up about it since the boat's gonna get here when it gets here, but don't you wish you could track ships like this:

http://www.oldendorff.com/fleet/position/position.asp

Ah well, I guess I have to be content knowing that my car's on her way.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:37 PM
OCBen
1st Gear
I'm kinda new here so I don't quite understand what the production week number is referring to. Is it the production week of the current model year (i.e. '06) which presumably began in late summer or early fall of '05? Or does it refer to the production week of the current calendar year, meaning that production Week 1 coincides with the first week in the calendar, and so on and so on?

Well, my car was built on May 02, '06 and is scheduled to arrive at Port Hueneme on the 31st of May. So if the calendar weeks are implied, then my car is a Production Week 18 car!

Is there any way to find out the name of the ship it's on and track its progress?

Old 05-12-2006, 08:56 PM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Production week refers to the calendar year, so you are in Week 18. My build date was 04-May. Chances are you are on the same boat (Centaurus Leader) as me, AndyWSea, and perhaps a few others here. I forget who else is on the west coast.

Unfortunately, ships bound for the west coast cannot be tracked, except by checking on when they hit key milestones such as passing through the panama canal, or docking at a port that tracks the movements of incoming/outgoing vessels (and makes such information available).

At any rate, the Centaurus Leader is due into Port Hueneme, CA at the end of the month.

Cheers,
--Doug

Quick Reply: Production Week 18 Support Group