1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 18 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 01:42 AM
tubwreck
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like the Courage is finally making some progress:

At this rate, it could make port early on the 17th. Interestingly (?) the original schedule for the Courage showed her arriving in NY on the 15th and leaving on the 16th, while the current schedule shows arrival and departure on the 17th. So maybe the net delay is really only a day and a half. If the boat arrives at say 2:00 AM, the cars could be unloaded and ready to put on a truck the next day, Thursday, and perhaps at the dealer by Friday.

He said hopefully.

Old 05-13-2006, 07:09 AM
ronburton
2nd Gear
Impact of Courages delay

I just exchanged emails with Vinny, my MA at MoP. I ask if the delay in the Courage arriving in NY impacted the date I could expect to pick up my car. He was very responsive and got back to me in less than 20 minutes. Here's his response:

Hi Ron~
Yes, when it is delayed at any point it will delay the actual arrival day at the dealership. That tracking the MINI online can be a great tool - but can also drive people nuts - please don't let it do that to you. If there is a storm at sea, or anything unforeseen - the car can be delayed a day or two, etc. That is why BMW/MINI deal in weeks and not days - they expect your car to arrive within a certain week, not an exact day.
You car should be able to be picked up by the end of the month for sure. I'm thinking you'll be able to pick it up the week of the 22-26th. Hope all is well and we'll be seeing you soon!
Thanks again,
Vinny

Ron

Old 05-13-2006, 10:26 AM
tubwreck
2nd Gear
A full week after my car was loaded on the Courage, OL now shows "En Route" and beyond that, it lists an "Estimated Delivery Date" of 5/20/2006. Which presumably reflects WW's pre-delay schedule.

But still, encouraging news! Other Courage passengers, what does OL say about your delivery date? (Click on 'Review Order Status' or View Source)

Old 05-13-2006, 11:05 AM
ronburton
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tubwreck
A full week after my car was loaded on the Courage, OL now shows "En Route" and beyond that, it lists an "Estimated Delivery Date" of 5/20/2006. Which presumably reflects WW's pre-delay schedule. But still, encouraging news! Other Courage passengers, what does OL say about your delivery date? (Click on 'Review Order Status' or View Source)
The OL also says that the estimated delivery date for my car is 5/20/06.

While probably not accurate, from what my MA says, at least the system is consistent, we get the same "Estimated Delivery Date" with our cars being on the same ship and being delivered to the same dealer.

Ron

Old 05-13-2006, 11:45 AM
OCBen
1st Gear
Originally Posted by sfodoug
Production week refers to the calendar year, so you are in Week 18. My build date was 04-May. Chances are you are on the same boat (Centaurus Leader) as me, AndyWSea, and perhaps a few others here. I forget who else is on the west coast.

Unfortunately, ships bound for the west coast cannot be tracked, except by checking on when they hit key milestones such as passing through the panama canal, or docking at a port that tracks the movements of incoming/outgoing vessels (and makes such information available).

At any rate, the Centaurus Leader is due into Port Hueneme, CA at the end of the month.

Cheers,
--Doug
Thanks for the info Doug. At least you were able to find the name of the vessel - my salesguy doesn't know how to do that apparently.

I know how to get information on ships arriving at San Diego (http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/). Is there a similar sight for Port Hueneme ship arrivals?

Old 05-13-2006, 12:29 PM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by OCBen
Thanks for the info Doug. At least you were able to find the name of the vessel - my salesguy doesn't know how to do that apparently.
Well, I never really tried to find the name of the vessel carrying my car, I just assume that mine is on the same boat as Andy's (I think that's who said they were on the Centaurus Leader) since we have the same build date.

I'm really trying just to enjoy the anticipation (really, I am!), not agonize over the wait. So, in a way, it's good that I can't track the boat.

Old 05-13-2006, 01:20 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Yup, Centaurus Leader. I agree with enjoying the anticipation, i may complain a lot about it, but it is fun!

OCBen-PH does not have a site like San Diego.

Old 05-13-2006, 02:09 PM
beaglemini
2nd Gear
http://www.carcarrier.de/html/centaurus_leader.html

hopefully, we're just a week behind y'all wonder what ship we'll be on?

Old 05-13-2006, 04:53 PM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Garage once again fits two cars

My MINI now has a place to rest its weary wheels at the end of its long days. Took me a while, but our garage can once again fit two cars. It is absolutely amazing the amount of cr*p that can accumulate in a garage.

Now all I need is my MINI!

Old 05-13-2006, 10:05 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Originally Posted by sfodoug
My MINI now has a place to rest its weary wheels at the end of its long days. Took me a while, but our garage can once again fit two cars. It is absolutely amazing the amount of cr*p that can accumulate in a garage.

Now all I need is my MINI!
That got me thinking. I have purchased more things for my MINI so far than I have had for any other car I have owned. And I don't even have it yet! :impatient

Old 05-14-2006, 08:25 AM
AMW
2nd Gear
My estimated delivery date is also May 20th (clearly not going to happen unless the process goes a lot faster than any of us expect it to).

Using the distance Courage travelled in 24 hours between two previous points at a slightly higher latitude, I sort of plotted out the expected remainder of the route, showing that the boat will likely arrive in the New York Harbor around midnight on the 16th. Since the recent time on May 14th was quoted as UTC, which appears to be 4 hours ahead of EDT, the marker that I predicted for the 17th of May at 0000 hours UTC means that that's where the boat should be on the 16th of May at 8 pm EDT...giving it a few hours of time going through slow moving traffic and tugboat assistance in New York Harbor, my assumption here is that the cars may be unloading in the early hours of the morning of the 17th, which is why the ship will be able to depart the same day for Charlestown, S.C.

Production Week 18 Support Group-courage.jpg

Old 05-14-2006, 10:49 AM
tubwreck
2nd Gear
Well, if the thing gets unloaded by 7 AM on the 17th, passes inspection, and gets on a truck it could be at the dealer on the 18th. Given the 2-day delay for the COO, that could get you your car on Saturday the 20th.

But, barring the unforseen, early part of the following week should be possible.

Old 05-14-2006, 12:01 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was on the courage....and OL says that i'm already 'en route' to the distribution center? Probably not correct.

Also....'review order details' doesnt show an expected date....whats up with that?

Old 05-14-2006, 12:32 PM
tubwreck
2nd Gear
"En Route to distribution center" == on the boat. The distribution center is at the port, either NYC, PH, or SC.

ronburton, AMW, and I are all within about a 4-hour drive of NYC. OL may use a different computation (or decide that it cannot estimate) delivery to Ohio.

Old 05-14-2006, 02:10 PM
MarcusCT
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tubwreck
Other Courage passengers, what does OL say about your delivery date? (Click on 'Review Order Status' or View Source)
OL states that the delivery date for my MINI (in the DC Metro Area) is 5/21. My dealer is about a 5 hour drive from NY.

Old 05-14-2006, 06:28 PM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Got my MINI fix for the day!

Was out furniture shopping with the wife () when I "casually" mentioned to the wife that the MINI dealership was right next door. She rolled her eyes and said, "Go. But, take the kids." No sweat. Gladly take the kids if I can go hang out at the dealership and drool a little bit.

30 minutes later, I was smiling and refreshed. It's good for the one's spirits to see some shiny, new MINIs. Only thing better would have been to drive one, but didn't have the time. That, and the place was rather busy so I couldn't have 'em all to myself.

Old 05-15-2006, 03:38 AM
tubwreck
2nd Gear
Courage looks like its cruising, with a bit of tailwind now. Extrapolating the last 24 hours' progress, I would hope that it's in port around midnight Tuesday night:

All things considered, a boat in the North Atlantic may be a safer spot for a Mini than Peabody at the moment:

Old 05-15-2006, 07:20 AM
AMW
2nd Gear
True, but isn't MoP actually near the top of a small hill on Rt. 1? The thought of a flooded MINI dealerhsip parking lot, and all those MINI's in it is a sad one.

Old 05-15-2006, 08:51 AM
tubwreck
2nd Gear
I'm sure MOP is fine (I wonder about their off-site storage building though). Recent news reports say that I-95 is flooded out North of Peabody and is closed, which is absolutely amazing.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:10 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
I am beginning to wonder if my crabby mood of late can be directly related to my not having my MINI yet. GRRRRRRR.

Every thing is irritating the hell outta me.

Old 05-15-2006, 02:04 PM
mininini
2nd Gear
Yeah, me too AndyWSea. I'm lost w/o the whole boat tracking...wondering where my MCS is @ sea.

I want my MCS now! I've just been researching maintenance costs post warranty and I opened another thread on an oil change @ my local dealer charging $330 for an oil change! Insanity!

My coworkers here think my MINI obsession is too much...OK, so what? People just don't know until they are in it...silly knuckleheads

Old 05-15-2006, 02:21 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
The boat should be getting close to the gulf of Mexico by now, since it is to be going through the canal on saturday.

Old 05-15-2006, 02:54 PM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by AndyWSea
The boat should be getting close to the gulf of Mexico by now, since it is to be going through the canal on saturday.
Is there someplace that lists the boats scheduled for the canal on Sat? If so, we may be able to find another boat close to the Centaurus Leader and track that... just so we have something to do other than twiddle our thumbs in a generally exasperated manner.

Old 05-15-2006, 03:48 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
http://www.boydsteamship.com/daily_traffic_report.htm

Took me a while going through my history, but I found it! Excellent idea sfodoug!

edit: I see nothing at the Port of San Diego arriving on the 28th (same day as the Centaurus Leader) Will have to delve deeper.

Old 05-15-2006, 04:27 PM
tubwreck
2nd Gear
For you Courage junkies, there is a vessel tracking site run by the NY/NJ Port Authority that lists the expected ETA of the Courage as 0600 on Wednesday, departure at 2300 same day.

Unfortunately, the site does not appear to be compatible with Firefox or Safari (and of course there is no more IE for the Mac available). It does work with Opera.

The site is http://www.firstnynj.com. Click on Vessel Activity.

Also, I spoke with the finance person (Dianne Sweet) at MoP today, and the dealership has not floated away.

Quick Reply: Production Week 18 Support Group