1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 18 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 06:14 AM
AMW
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice find, Tubwreck. My MINI was the second to last one loaded onto the boat. I wonder if that means it will be the second one off the boat

Old 05-16-2006, 06:42 AM
MarcusCT
2nd Gear
Just another avenue to track my MINI and drive everyone around me crazy :-)

Old 05-16-2006, 11:57 AM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Oh, dear...

Am I reading this (http://www.boydsteamship.com/daily_traffic_report.htm) correctly?

M/V Centaurus Leader | 0600/20/May | Not booked | # 2 for transit | AM23rd
Our ship gets to the canal at 6am local time on 20-May, but doesn't actually go through the canal until the morning of the 23rd? Oh geez.

I sure hope I'm reading that incorrectly.

Old 05-16-2006, 12:52 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Still scheduled for the 28 arrival at San Diego though, so its all good.

Old 05-16-2006, 03:14 PM
ronburton
2nd Gear
Courage approaching NY

About an hour ago I checked ship tracking at http://aisfree.aislive.com/Influx.as...ork%20Overview
It showed the Courage just south of Long Island as you can see below. The problem is now Courage no longer appears on the map. The map is not real time so I'm not sure what that means.

Ron

Old 05-16-2006, 05:15 PM
ronburton
2nd Gear
Courage's position

Courage is now back on the map and almost to NY.
http://aisfree.aislive.com/Influx.as...k%20Approaches

Looks like it might make it to port pretty close to the time predicted by AMW last Sunday.

Ron

Old 05-16-2006, 08:04 PM
AMW
2nd Gear
Wow...I was making a hugely rough estimate of it reaching New York harbor around 8 pm and docking around midnight. Very surprised I was that close. I bet those Merchant Marines on the boat are gonna be really happy to hit some dry land for a bit too!

Now we go through the VDC wait

Old 05-16-2006, 08:11 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Man! You East Coast guys are SOOOOO freakin close you can almost smell that new MINI smell.

I am getting SO anxious!!

Old 05-16-2006, 08:18 PM
AMW
2nd Gear
I feel for you west coast folks. It's been a hard journey just watching the boat cross the Atlantic. I can't imagine the whole panama canal issue on top of not being able to track the boat.

I had sent my MA an email the other day and had mentioned the Courage being delayed by storms in the Atlantic in the email. He hadn't responded, so I called him today...send him the email again. Before seeing the email, he starts the conversation with "good news! your mini is in transit, on a boat, and it's scheduled to arrive in NY tomorrow!..." Then he reads my email, and he's like "dang...storms in the atlantic, man you're seriously tracking this, you went hi-tech!"

I'm wondering if the guys on the Courage are just going to wait out the night out in the harbor, or are they going to head directly to port? I guess either way, I still won't get the car til next week. But next week isn't too long of a wait any more.

Hopefully your boat won't encouter any storms along the way!

Old 05-17-2006, 06:01 AM
MarcusCT
2nd Gear
Anyone have news on whether their MINI has been unloaded from the Courage?

Old 05-17-2006, 07:00 AM
tank157
1st Gear
Hi Everyone!

Hello all, new here. I think I'm week 18, Epsom was finished on May 6th, and is on the Centaurus Leader with some of the other folks here. I too am suffering with the inability to track the ship other than the major points (Panama Canal and docking). Of course, the mania just keeps building every day! Is anyone else from week 18 thinking about attending Mini's in the Mountains here in Colorado?

I've been carless since March when my truck was totalled. I'd always liked the Mini, sat in one a couple of times, and after the test drive I half-heartedly test drove another car but the Mini stole my heart. I can't wait for Epsom to get here so we can go re-explore all my favorite drives in the mountains!

Epsom is a 2006 MCS Hardtop
Space Blue with Silver Roof, Bonnet Stripes
Premium, Sport and Cold Weather Packages
Chrome Exterior/Interior
LSD
H/K
Arm Rest
(and probably some dealer accessories yet to be picked)

Old 05-17-2006, 07:32 AM
OCBen
1st Gear
Originally Posted by sfodoug
Our ship gets to the canal at 6am local time on 20-May, but doesn't actually go through the canal until the morning of the 23rd? Oh geez.
Maybe the crew will get a few days of R&R before heading through the canal, going ashore, getting a decent meal, going to the pubs, getting a decent lap dance. You know, the usual time off stuff.

Btw, is the Centaurus Leader the only boat scheduled to arrive at PH on the 31st carrying MINIs?

Old 05-17-2006, 08:53 AM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Originally Posted by tank157
Hello all, new here. I think I'm week 18, Epsom was finished on May 6th, and is on the Centaurus Leader with some of the other folks here. I too am suffering with the inability to track the ship other than the major points (Panama Canal and docking). Of course, the mania just keeps building every day! Is anyone else from week 18 thinking about attending Mini's in the Mountains here in Colorado?

I've been carless since March when my truck was totalled. I'd always liked the Mini, sat in one a couple of times, and after the test drive I half-heartedly test drove another car but the Mini stole my heart. I can't wait for Epsom to get here so we can go re-explore all my favorite drives in the mountains!

Chrome Exterior/Interior
LSD
H/K
Arm Rest
Hiya Tank! Welcome to the frustration that is West Coast future MINI owners!

Old 05-17-2006, 08:58 AM
AMW
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tank157
Chrome Exterior/Interior
LSD
H/K
Arm Rest
Sweet Mini...love the SB/S combo! What kind of bonnet stripes (U stripe or the regular racing stripes)?

btw, my SB/S MCSa (no bonnet stripes) with Premium and Cold, chrome interior, chrome front grille just arrived in NY. I don't have a name for it yet, but looks like we're both joining the SB club!

Old 05-17-2006, 09:56 AM
mininini
2nd Gear
Welcome tank157!

Nice specs!

Yes, us west coast people suffer greatly (additional wait time compared to east coasters and no ship tracking!)

Old 05-17-2006, 10:05 AM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mininini
Yes, us west coast people suffer greatly
You know, I can't complain too much. After all, our weather is better and I'm getting a convertible.

Old 05-17-2006, 10:35 AM
mininini
2nd Gear
Yes, we do get better weather compared to the east coast! Great for spirited driving!

Old 05-17-2006, 12:04 PM
MarcusCT
2nd Gear
For those on the Courage:

All the MINI's were discharged at 8am this morning and the Courage is currently sailing onto Charleston!

Old 05-17-2006, 12:40 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MarcusCT
For those on the Courage:

All the MINI's were discharged at 8am this morning and the Courage is currently sailing onto Charleston!

so ALL minis were dropped off in NY?

Old 05-17-2006, 12:49 PM
MarcusCT
2nd Gear
All the MINI's (118 of them) with my booking number (GBSOU421558) were discharged.

Old 05-17-2006, 02:55 PM
RevvMaxx
1st Gear
Is anyone else waiting for the Courage Charleston discharge ... and have the booking number perhaps? I haven't been able to track my VIN on the WW site, but from the dates my MA gave me I'm almost certain my baby is on there! :impatient

Old 05-17-2006, 03:00 PM
tank157
1st Gear
Thanks guys

Let me see if I can figure out this quoting system here....

Originally posted by AndyWSea

Hiya Tank! Welcome to the frustration that is West Coast future MINI owners!

Originally posted by AMW

Sweet Mini...love the SB/S combo! What kind of bonnet stripes (U stripe or the regular racing stripes)?

Originally posted by minimini
Yes, we do get better weather compared to the east coast! Great for spirited driving!
Thanks Andy! I haven't considered myself a West Coaster since I left Seattle 8 years ago, but I consider myself to be in good company, and I go back often to visit family.

I got the 'U' stripes, love the way they look. I've seen one other SB/S here in town, it was at the dealership last time I stopped by to get a fix, so I'll have another close relative here too.

I must agree...nothing like the west for hitting the road. Someday I suppose I should check out the east coast, but man when I see the west I just wanna see all there is to see. It makes the longer boat trip worth it.

Anyone planning to get personalized plates? I know what I want, but the DMV here doesn't seem to have a lookup feature to determine if it's already taken.

Old 05-17-2006, 03:42 PM
AMW
2nd Gear
woot! VDC time!

If WW doesn't have your VIN#, you may be on another shipping line's boat to SC (NYK lines, others?)

Old 05-18-2006, 05:00 AM
MarcusCT
2nd Gear
Hey all -- I wanted to see if anyone else on the Courage had called ASKMINI to check their status. I called this morning and it stated that my MINI was at port, awaiting a shipping vessel (yesterday, I was in transit). Does this mean that my car is at the VPC? Done with the VPC and is awaiting transport to the dealer?

Thanks!

Old 05-18-2006, 09:31 AM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Here's an update for us folks on the west coast. The Centaurus Leader is scheduled to arrive at the Canal at 0130 on 20-May. She booked her travel through the canal and is now slated to be #9 through on the morning of the 20th. See here: http://www.boydsteamship.com/daily_traffic_report.htm

http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/ still has us arriving in San Diego on 28-May, so Port Hueneme a day or so later.

Getting closer ... Yay!

Quick Reply: Production Week 18 Support Group