1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 18 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 09:49 AM
AMW
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think ASK-MINI has gone haywire. I went through and spoke with somebody at customer relations and they told me the same old tale, that they track up to the port of exit, but no further.

Old 05-18-2006, 10:02 AM
RevvMaxx
1st Gear
Originally Posted by AMW
woot! VDC time!

If WW doesn't have your VIN#, you may be on another shipping line's boat to SC (NYK lines, others?)
Hmm, the only other option I see is NYK, and to be more specific, the Heidelberg Express. It's designated as a container vessel and not a vehicle vessel, but hey, you can box 'em up too right?

Old 05-18-2006, 10:40 AM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Originally Posted by sfodoug
Here's an update for us folks on the west coast. The Centaurus Leader is scheduled to arrive at the Canal at 0130 on 20-May. She booked her travel through the canal and is now slated to be #9 through on the morning of the 20th. See here: http://www.boydsteamship.com/daily_traffic_report.htm

http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/ still has us arriving in San Diego on 28-May, so Port Hueneme a day or so later.

Getting closer ... Yay!
That means we should be able to see it go through the canal at around 11:30 our time? Woot!

GAAHHHH!! This is beginning to be unbearable!:impatient

Old 05-18-2006, 10:54 AM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by AndyWSea
GAAHHHH!! This is beginning to be unbearable!:impatient
You're kidding, right? It's been unbearable for quite some time now!

Old 05-18-2006, 11:10 AM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Well, the waiting is just adding up!

Its just silly, but I remember from the one test drive i took of how well that wheel felt in my hands. I feel like i am longing for a lovers touch ...What the hell? Did I just write that?

Old 05-18-2006, 11:14 AM
MarcusCT
2nd Gear
I'm so anxious (and I only have about a week or so left) that I'm contemplating going to the dealership on Monday in hopes of seeing my car unloaded!

Old 05-18-2006, 11:57 AM
AMW
2nd Gear
Ha!

Tubwreck, RonBurton and co, I might head up to MoP on Saturday to drop off my Parcel Shelf to be installed on my car. I don't know when the cars will be arriving, but I'm guessing someitme around then. I'll bring my camera just in case. If you hear about their estimated arrival times, let me know.

Old 05-18-2006, 12:27 PM
Rondon
1st Gear
Port Hueneme

For us West Cost folks not familure with the Port it is pronounced Y-NE-ME.

Old 05-18-2006, 01:16 PM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RevvMaxx
Is anyone else waiting for the Courage Charleston discharge ... and have the booking number perhaps? I haven't been able to track my VIN on the WW site, but from the dates my MA gave me I'm almost certain my baby is on there! :impatient
booking number for any minis going to charleston instead of new york= GBSOU421567

Mine is on there which is great! It gives me a few extra days to prep the other mini for sale

Old 05-18-2006, 02:24 PM
mininini
2nd Gear
waiting, waiting, waiting...this sucks!

Old 05-18-2006, 04:22 PM
tubwreck
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AMW
Ha!

Tubwreck, RonBurton and co, I might head up to MoP on Saturday to drop off my Parcel Shelf to be installed on my car. I don't know when the cars will be arriving, but I'm guessing someitme around then. I'll bring my camera just in case. If you hear about their estimated arrival times, let me know.
That would have been smart thinking: order the parcel shelf and have them put it in. D'oh.

If you see an BRG/W MCS with 16" wheels, no xenon, and no sunroof, please snap a picture

Old 05-18-2006, 05:07 PM
ronburton
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AMW
Ha!

I emailed my MA at MoP to get an update on the status of my car. I just received this reply from him a few minutes ago. This is probably a fair indication when the other cars bound for MoP will arrive.

Your car is scheduled to arrive at our dealership on 5-22-06, and we are expecting to receive the Certificate of Origin (needed for registering and titling) to arrive on either 5-24-06 or 5-25-06 (which is the earliest you can pick it up).

We're getting close.
Ron

Old 05-18-2006, 05:13 PM
ronburton
2nd Gear
I emailed my MA at MoP to get an update on the status of my car. I just received this reply from him a few minutes ago. This is probably a fair indication when the other cars bound for MoP will arrive.

Your car is scheduled to arrive at our dealership on 5-22-06, and we are expecting to receive the Certificate of Origin (needed for registering and titling) to arrive on either 5-24-06 or 5-25-06 (which is the earliest you can pick it up).

We're getting close.

Sorry I got carried away.
Ron

Old 05-18-2006, 05:31 PM
tubwreck
2nd Gear
My MA tells me nothing, and doesn't reply to e-mails. I hope mine shows up when yours does!

Old 05-18-2006, 06:31 PM
AMW
2nd Gear
huh...we have different MA's but mine didn't reply to my last email either...had to call him a few days later. OH well. So it sounds like they may not have the cars Saturday . Well, that's life. But I would think that having unloaded on Wednesday, the 25th seems kinda late. But I suppose they also get this bolus of cars that they need to prep for customers with each boat load. Sort of feast or famine timing at the dealership for the prep teams, which might take longer for some cars than others. I know they've got a few things to do to mine, including the invisishield.

Tubwreck -- you still have time to get the parcel shelf in and have them install it. I ordered mine from myminiparts (http://www.myminiparts.com/home.htm) and it came pretty quickly via priority mail. You should check in with the NAM and MotoringFile sponsers to see if they have better or faster deals. I asked my MA if he'd toss the installation in as a freebie (otherwise I'd do it myself) and he said "sure, just bring it up here a couple of days before and we'll put it in for you". It's not hard to install, but since they weren't giving me any freebies, I figured I'd just start offering things/services they should give me for free. No, I didn't get the tire and wheel warranty for free though...

Old 05-18-2006, 06:49 PM
tubwreck
2nd Gear
I want to get the d*mn car before I start buying stuff

Pathetic noob that I am, I did a new sig.

I want a real car to photograph!

Old 05-18-2006, 07:05 PM
ronburton
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tubwreck

Pathetic noob that I am, I did a new sig.

I want a real car to photograph!
I want a real car to photograph too. That's why I've held off adding more to my signature.

Ron

Old 05-18-2006, 08:55 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
I think its safe to say that we ALL want a real car to photograph!

Old 05-19-2006, 04:19 AM
MarcusCT
2nd Gear
Woo-hoo! OL says that my car is at the distribution center!! Only one more step and my MINI is mine!!

Keeping my fingers crossed that I can pick it up Monday . . .

Old 05-19-2006, 06:41 AM
AMW
2nd Gear
heh heh, but we already knew that, MarcusCT It's kinda funny how we know our cars arrived at the VDC two days before MINIUSA updates the information. Well, at least the process is moving.

What's the progress on the Centaurus Leader?

Old 05-19-2006, 08:57 AM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
It should be going through the Panama Canal Tonight at 130am local time. So i will be on my computer at 1130 watching the webcam.

Old 05-19-2006, 09:11 AM
MarcusCT
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AMW
heh heh, but we already knew that, MarcusCT It's kinda funny how we know our cars arrived at the VDC two days before MINIUSA updates the information. Well, at least the process is moving.
Haha - I know. I just spoke with my MA and I really don't think he likes expending the energy necessary to track my car. He said that the estimated date on the OL site is probably accurate (it's Sunday) and that date is for when the dealer should get it. He thinks I should have it by Wednesday or Thursday next week.

Old 05-19-2006, 11:18 AM
RevvMaxx
1st Gear
heh heh, whoops! Maxx is on the Ingolstadt, due May 22. Good to know

Old 05-19-2006, 11:25 AM
mininini
2nd Gear
AndyWSea,

Would you have the link so that I can also view the canal entrance for Centurius Leader? Keeps me motivated that my MCS is getting closer.

Thanks!

Old 05-19-2006, 11:29 AM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Here you go mininini:

http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

I think it is the Gatun Locks.

Quick Reply: Production Week 18 Support Group