1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Production Week 18 Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 06:16 PM
ronburton
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AMW
RonBurton...if you happen to swing by MoP today (or tomorrow), will you keep an eye out for a Space Blue/Silver MCSa with Space Gray cloth seats, chrome line interior and chrono pack? I *think* my mini is supposed to arrive today, but who knows :impatient
Originally Posted by AMW
I just heard from my MA! My Mini is at the dealership and I can pick it up on Wednesday (they're doing some accessory installations)!!! SWEET!
AMW.....My plan is to pick my MINI up after 6PM on Wednesday. If your MINI is still there I will try to get a picture but it sounds like you may get there before I do.

Ron

Old 05-22-2006, 06:22 PM
ronburton
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AndyWSea
OK, new rule! When you pic up your car you have to post at least 1 picture!
Congrats AMW!
AndyWSea...........You're right. After supporting and helping each other out with info and reassurance when something didn't seem to make sense we should at least have a chance to see the MINIs that we helped each other bring into the world. Excellent rule!

Ron

Old 05-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Rondon
1st Gear
Gone for a week building a cabin in the woods in NE Oregon for handycap children. Congratulations for the East Coast guys. Enjoy Ours should be closer to home when I get back. I just hope I can keep my mind off the MINI and not hit my thumb. rg

Old 05-22-2006, 07:17 PM
AMW
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ronburton
AMW.....My plan is to pick my MINI up after 6PM on Wednesday. If your MINI is still there I will try to get a picture but it sounds like you may get there before I do.

Ron
Sounds like we'll probably be there around the same time! If you see a black guy with medium-length dreadlocks, that's me. And my name's Aaron (AMW are my initials). I'll definately take photos and post them. When I look back at the pages on this thread, it's amazing the resources we used to track our Minis to the ends of the earth...and the undying enthusiasm (or agony) we've all expressed with each little update.

Old 05-23-2006, 01:47 AM
tubwreck
2nd Gear
No reply from my MA.

I am rapidly growing concerned about the fate of my MINI!

Old 05-23-2006, 05:02 AM
ronburton
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AMW
Sounds like we'll probably be there around the same time! If you see a black guy with medium-length dreadlocks, that's me. And my name's Aaron (AMW are my initials).
Aaron........ I'll be the short middle aged white guy with just enough hair to not be bald taking possesion of an Astro-Black MINI. Hope our timing is such that we have a chance to meet.

Ron

Old 05-23-2006, 05:12 AM
ronburton
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by tubwreck
No reply from my MA.

tubwreck...... I have to call MoP this morning to set up the pick up time for my car. If you tell me who your MA is I'll ask Vinny to get your MA to call you.

Ron

Old 05-23-2006, 05:14 AM
MarcusCT
2nd Gear
No reply from my MA.

Tubwreck, I know how you feel!

My MINI is lost! I spoke to a different MA yesterday and he informed me that my MINI was loaded on transport in NJ on the 19th so it should have arrived the same day or, the latest, Saturday. It still hadn't appeared yesterday afternoon and OL and ASKMINI still say it's in Transit.

My MA was supposed to call yesterday to keep me updated on everything, but he hasn't.

I just want my MINI!!

Old 05-23-2006, 06:31 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MarcusCT
Tubwreck, I know how you feel!

My MINI is lost! I spoke to a different MA yesterday and he informed me that my MINI was loaded on transport in NJ on the 19th so it should have arrived the same day or, the latest, Saturday. It still hadn't appeared yesterday afternoon and OL and ASKMINI still say it's in Transit.

My MA was supposed to call yesterday to keep me updated on everything, but he hasn't.

I just want my MINI!!
Is yours possibly sailing with mine down to the other port in north (or is it south?) carolina?

Old 05-23-2006, 06:46 AM
MarcusCT
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by RallyMINI
Is yours possibly sailing with mine down to the other port in north (or is it south?) carolina?
No ... it was discharged in NY and went through the VDC already. It's just been in transit from the VDC for almost five days! And I only live 5 hours, at most from NY/NJ!

Old 05-23-2006, 08:01 AM
AMW
2nd Gear
Ron, here's Tubwreck's MA:
As posted on MINI2, my MA is Steve McAteer.

Old 05-23-2006, 08:02 AM
Rally@StanceDesign
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No ... it was discharged in NY and went through the VDC already. It's just been in transit from the VDC for almost five days! And I only live 5 hours, at most from NY/NJ!
Ohhhh sorry about that.

I'm sure its fine....it just took the scenic route

Old 05-23-2006, 08:05 AM
AMW
2nd Gear
Aw, MarcusCT!!! Sorry to hear about that. But if it gives you any hope, OL says my mini's still at the distribution ctr. and ASK MINI still says it's at the port awaiting a shipping vessel, while my MA says it's at the dealership and I can pick it up tomorrow! So...what I'm saying is...don't trust the OL or ASK MINI stuff any more. If your MA doesn't know what's going on with it, ask him/her what the nature of the delay is and whether they can check if the car had to undergo any repairs at the VDC.

also, check out the most recent post on mini2, Marcus! http://www.mini2.com/forum/delivery-...n-group-8.html

Old 05-23-2006, 09:06 AM
tubwreck
2nd Gear
Just off the phone with Steve -- the car is in, I'll pick it up on Thursday.

I felt a little better after seeing it show up in the MoP inventory list

Old 05-23-2006, 09:36 AM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
So my wife suggested that I make a margarita tonight since my MINI is probably enjoying one on her way past Mexico. I'll have one in honor of the east coasters who get to pick their cars up this week. Lucky bastards.

Old 05-23-2006, 09:45 AM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Sounds like an idea! Was going out to dinner tonight anyway, so Mexican it is! I am sure I will get one of these when I tell the boyfriend why.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:08 AM
AMW
2nd Gear
I just had Mexican for lunch!

Hey, my Mini's in the Mini of Peabody new car inventory as well! Though the specs are not right (it's not a manual, other stuff...). There's another space blue one that showed up too!

Old 05-23-2006, 10:20 AM
ronburton
2nd Gear
Just off the phone with Steve -- the car is in, I'll pick it up on Thursday.
tubwreck........Glad to hear your MA called. When I called MoP this morning I told Vinny that you were having problems getting a call back. He was very interested and subsequently emailed me asking for the link to this thread when he had trouble locating it. AMW had posted who your MA was so I sent him that too. Vinny said MoP and he personally were interested in what people were saying on the various websites and wanted to make sure all of us MINI enthusiast were well taken care of. Don't know if that directly resulted in the phone call you got but I will say I was impressed with Vinny and MoP's genuine concern.

Ron

Old 05-23-2006, 10:41 AM
tubwreck
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ronburton
tubwreck........Glad to hear your MA called. When I called MoP this morning I told Vinny that you were having problems getting a call back. He was very interested and subsequently emailed me asking for the link to this thread when he had trouble locating it. AMW had posted who your MA was so I sent him that too. Vinny said MoP and he personally were interested in what people were saying on the various websites and wanted to make sure all of us MINI enthusiast were well taken care of. Don't know if that directly resulted in the phone call you got but I will say I was impressed with Vinny and MoP's genuine concern.
I appreciate your talking to Vinny, but I hope that nothing I've said results in negative feedback for Steve. I certainly don't want to trash him out.

He is on the laid back side, maybe not the best fit with a hyperventilating MINI buyer (me). I was always able to reach him on the phone. He just isn't into the whole obsessive tracking thing, or responding to incessant e-mail queries.

He's a very nice guy, and he has great product knowledge and enthusiasm. That would be enough for any (normal) buyer.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:06 PM
sfodoug
3rd Gear
I'm not obsessed or anything, but...

The Centaurus Leader's schedule into and out of San Diego has been updated. Arrives 00:01 on 28-May. Leaves San Diego at 17:00 on 28-May.

Hurry, boat, hurry!

Old 05-23-2006, 12:12 PM
M1N1N1M
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sfodoug
The Centaurus Leader's schedule into and out of San Diego has been updated. Arrives 00:01 on 28-May. Leaves San Diego at 17:00 on 28-May.

Hurry, boat, hurry!

So when does the boat arrive at the VDC?

Old 05-23-2006, 12:24 PM
mininini
2nd Gear
I believe Centarus Leader is set to dock @ PH on 5/31.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:30 PM
ronburton
2nd Gear
I appreciate your talking to Vinny, but I hope that nothing I've said results in negative feedback for Steve. I certainly don't want to trash him out.
tubwreck........My apologies. I guess I didn't think the whole thing through. I didn't consider the fact that telling Vinny to check on why you hadn't got a call back could possibly have any backlash for you or for Steve. Hopefully that isn't the case. Again, my apologies.

Ron

Old 05-23-2006, 12:44 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Originally Posted by sfodoug

Hurry, boat, hurry!
Does it really take it 3 days to get to PH?

Old 05-23-2006, 01:20 PM
AMW
2nd Gear
He is on the laid back side, maybe not the best fit with a hyperventilating MINI buyer (me). I was always able to reach him on the phone. He just isn't into the whole obsessive tracking thing, or responding to incessant e-mail queries.

He's a very nice guy, and he has great product knowledge and enthusiasm. That would be enough for any (normal) buyer.
Heh heh. I bet none of these guys going into MINI sales had any idea they'd have to have the patience of an obstetrician or the "freaked out parent"-handling skills of a pediatrician

Quick Reply: Production Week 18 Support Group